PDA

View Full Version : TOO DEEP FOR ME !!

John
01-02-2002, 08:51 PM
:confused:

Has anyone tried to Handicap a deep winter track ? After being closed for two weeks SUFFOLK DOWNS has reopen with a winter track that is as deep as the stretch is long. Honest, they have dumped tons of stonedust and sand on the track.Front runners tire easily and back runners are so far back they never get going.
6 furlong times are between 114.0 to 116.0 very deep and very tireing. Its my local track so I have to find a way to win there. GR1 and Tom and the rest of you know how to find winners under these track condictions......Thanks.

Tom
01-02-2002, 08:59 PM
I would avaoid using pacelines where a horse ran 45 111 if the races are goin 48 115. Look for horse that improves last year when they "did the dump". I get this kind of thing a lot at FL and it really screws things up for a while. I like to look for horse that ran good a while ago on slow tracks and have not done so good on fast tracks lately. If speed is tiring, maybe horse that plod along early and gain ground late, but still haven't been gaining enought to threaten might come home faster now.
Just applying a track variant isn't enough to compensate for the differences in the tracks.
Watch the horse in the post parade if you can-you might see some that are prancing and handling the track well and others not liking the footing. Watch the warm ups - you might see some that are really gliding around and look happy to be there. Body language is really tricky, but sometimes you see obvious things that will support your going back 7-8 races for a pace line.
And if all else fails, find a new home track on the simo card.
I live 7 miles from Finger Lakes and it is a rare day I go there anymore.

Tom

John
01-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks Tom, I hate to give up my track. only because right now the prices are BIG. If only I could find a way to handicap the winner on this deep track,,,,,

GameTheory
01-03-2002, 12:05 AM
I am currently playing all the tracks available to me via internet wagering, and track bias figures heavily into my method. I noticed things at Suffolk were a bit strange today -- can anybody name any or all tracks where they make this kind of "overnight" change?

sq764
01-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Mountaineer seems to be the same way. They are going 6 furlongs in 1:15, and 5 1/2 in 1:11 or 1:12.. Crazy.

That's usually a blazing track.