PDA

View Full Version : Serling on Saratoga Radio Show is Back

levinmpa
07-16-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm glad that Andy Serling is doing his Serling on Saratoga Radio Show live from The Parting Glass again this season. The show airs every Thursday night beginning this week at 8 - 9 PM Eastern on 104.5 The Team, and streamed live on the internet. This weeks guests are Nick Zito and Martin Panza. Last years shows were outstanding.

http://1045theteam.com/

https://twitter.com/AtThePostLive

Tara73
07-16-2014, 09:37 AM
I enjoyed the show last year. Guest selection was outstanding. On another note, I hope they don't track Andy's ROI again. He doesn't appreciate it and it's not fair to him. It also doesn't relate to what he brings to the in house telecast.

Leparoux
07-16-2014, 09:40 AM
I enjoyed the show last year. Guest selection was outstanding. On another note, I hope they don't track Andy's ROI again. He doesn't appreciate it and it's not fair to him. It also doesn't relate to what he brings to the in house telecast.
I really like Andy and enjoy listening to him at any outlet but tracking his ROI is more than fair. Most watching/listening/reading understand how hard Saratoga can be to play.

alydar
07-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Who cares, track it if you want or not. What I enjoy about listening is the insights that I may not otherwise see.

I find his commentary and analysis helpful, I do not follow all of his picks blindly. Often items that he brings up are things that I was not aware of or missed. In the end I make up my own mind on my picks

I believe that is the purpose of his commentary.

Tara73
07-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Who cares, track it if you want or not. What I enjoy about listening is the insights that I may not otherwise see.

I find his commentary and analysis helpful, I do not follow all of his picks blindly. Often items that he brings up are things that I was not aware of or missed. In the end I make up my own mind on my picks

I believe that is the purpose of his commentary.

I agree. It's the one piece of information or insight that can make a difference. That's my point about his ROI. I have benefited by listening to him on days when his picks didn't do well.

1st time lasix
07-16-2014, 10:36 AM
He is a solid professional who takes pride in his handicapping and his presentation. All you can ask for.... he deserves respect. I hope to see him live a week from Thursday at The Parting Glass for his show....I fly in for three days the night before. Looking forward to finding out who his gueests will be the 2nd week. :ThmbUp:

levinmpa
07-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Looking forward to finding out who his gueests will be the 2nd week. :ThmbUp:

Andy is always on At the Races with Steve Byk on Tuesdays. He usually tells Steve who the guests will be for the upcoming Thursday show. You can also check the Twitter feed that I posted previously.

the little guy
07-16-2014, 01:56 PM
This week's guests are Taylor Rice, Dale Romans, and Martin Panza. Mike Beer will also be on representing TimeformUS. Nick Zito was a late scratch.

JustRalph
07-16-2014, 03:05 PM
will we be able to download later?

PhantomOnTour
07-16-2014, 03:07 PM
We couldn't last year, and I missed almost every show due to work.
Hopefully there will be a way to listen later - I would catch every show if I could.

thespaah
07-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm glad that Andy Serling is doing his Serling on Saratoga Radio Show live from The Parting Glass again this season. The show airs every Thursday night beginning this week at 8 - 9 PM Eastern on 104.5 The Team, and streamed live on the internet. This weeks guests are Nick Zito and Martin Panza. Last years shows were outstanding.

Cool!....I look forward to listening in.

thespaah
07-16-2014, 06:46 PM
There may be a pod cast. I would check the radio station website.
Lots of stations will archive shows so that listeners who could not be around for the live broadcast, can listen later.

whodoyoulike
07-16-2014, 08:33 PM

How does one find Serling's radio show using your link?

Thanks,

thespaah
07-16-2014, 08:39 PM
How does one find Serling's radio show using your link?

Thanks,
I don't see it either. I would imagine the webmaster will add it to the list of shows ....Soon, I hope

levinmpa
07-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Each Thursday evening at 8PM Eastern time, go to http://1045theteam.com/ and click the Listen Live link.

thespaah
07-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Each Thursday evening at 8PM Eastern time, go to http://1045theteam.com/ and click the Listen Live link.
I was referring to the possibility of a pod cast.
However, thanks for the info and link.

Tom
07-17-2014, 08:03 PM
I don't see any mention of Andy anywhere on that station.

Racetrack Playa
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Hey Tom,
just click-- listen live:ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Go to NYRA homepage - they have a link about halfway down on the right side

Tom
07-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Just like last year - this site never worked and it still doesn't. CAn anyone listen live? I sure can't.

PhantomOnTour
07-17-2014, 08:16 PM
I am listening right now...

Tom
07-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Nothing here. That link takes me to the same dead radio page.
No mention anywhere about Andy. No live stream.
Anywhere elseI go, everything work fine.

Guess I'll have to settle for Roger Stein.

castaway01
07-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Listening to Andy and Mike Beer right now....they sound ready for the meet to kick off.

Tom
07-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Finally got it, but it is terrible - sound keeps dropping in and out - same as last year. Won't try this again. Internet radio is not worth the bother. Road Runner is a very bad service provider - streaming is far beyond their capabilities. If there is a podcast, I'll download it. :mad:

BMustang
07-18-2014, 12:03 AM
I was a longtime religious listener/watcher of Talking Horses during the Saratoga meet. For years Andy had great insight, did his homework, and made informed selections. However, last year the show slipped badly. Seems Andy wasn't as current as he had been in the past, and oftentimes his guests were making revelations that he wasn't aware of, and then would hedge on.

I also don't like the policy of posting the selections the day before. Too much can change between then and show-time, and actually how astute can the handicapping/analysis actually be if the selections are posted at 5pm the day before the show. While the trips shown are extremely valuable, I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).

sammy the sage
07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=BMustang I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).[/QUOTE]

Ever the whiner...have you even posted ONE public pick ahead of time in 6 years here... :rolleyes: :faint: :lol: :D

I'm thinking the "Little Guy" could give a rat's ass about people like you vs the hundreds that appreciate his time and effort for what he's done/doing..

the little guy
07-18-2014, 08:40 AM
I was a longtime religious listener/watcher of Talking Horses during the Saratoga meet. For years Andy had great insight, did his homework, and made informed selections. However, last year the show slipped badly. Seems Andy wasn't as current as he had been in the past, and oftentimes his guests were making revelations that he wasn't aware of, and then would hedge on.

I also don't like the policy of posting the selections the day before. Too much can change between then and show-time, and actually how astute can the handicapping/analysis actually be if the selections are posted at 5pm the day before the show. While the trips shown are extremely valuable, I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).

Best post ever. This is so great.

sammy the sage
07-18-2014, 09:22 AM

I would be WILLING to wager a considerable sum that DOES continue to listen to you at least ONCE this NEXT week.... ;) :D :faint:

BMustang
07-18-2014, 09:59 AM

My point is that with all of the activities surrounding racing at Saratoga - doing Talking Horses, pre-race analysis, shows such as the Thursday night interview show mentioned, going to dinner, and socializing with his friends, the man (you are) is really squeezed for time. When does he (do you) have time to really dive into the next day's card and make informed decisions/selections that are posted before the last race is actually run on the day before??? Is this not valid???

I respect Andy's insights. I realize that he might be the only person on earth who actually sees every race run in New York, and has a working knowlege of the New York racing community. I stated that the trips section is invaluable, and I will watch to take advantage of those. And many of his guests are very knowledgable, have watched the horses work, have talked to the trainers etc., and bring "out of the pressbox" vision to the show.

I'm simply not going to hang on evey word, and am going to try to relax a bit, enjoy the meet, do my own homework, take Talking Horses for what it is worth, and attempt to venture out on my own this year.

the little guy
07-18-2014, 10:04 AM
My point is that with all of the activities surrounding racing at Saratoga - doing Talking Horses, pre-race analysis, shows such as the Thursday night interview show mentioned, going to dinner, and socializing with his friends, the man (you are) is really squeezed for time. When does he (do you) have time to really dive into the next day's card and make informed decisions/selections that are posted before the last race is actually run on the day before??? Is this not valid???

I respect Andy's insights. I realize that he might be the only person on earth who actually sees every race run in New York, and has a working knowlege of the New York racing community. I stated that the trips section is invaluable, and I will watch to take advantage of those. And many of his guests are very knowledgable, have watched the horses work, have talked to the trainers etc., and bring "out of the pressbox" vision to the show.

I'm simply not going to hang on evey word, and am going to try to relax a bit, enjoy the meet, do my own homework, take Talking Horses for what it is worth, and attempt to venture out on my own this year.

I get it. I read all your posts. I appreciate that you are a fan, however your posts are filled with preconceived notions of me that have absolutely zero basis in fact. That's OK....it goes with the territory. Maybe I should do a diary for you, video perhaps, so that you would know that nothing is more important than my doing the handicapping work, and if something interfered with that, I would not do it.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to get back to Sunday and Monday's cards. I've already spent eight hours on them since they came out at 4pm yesterday, and I still have a ways to go. I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans, even the ones like you that are ( apparently ) not listening anymore.

the little guy
07-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Tom Durkin, Christophe Clement, and Rajiv Maragh will be my guests this week.

jefftune
07-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Tom Durkin, Christophe Clement, and Rajiv Maragh will be my guests this week.

Sounds like a great guest list. I'm driving up to Saratoga tomorrow and will stop in!

cj
07-25-2014, 12:30 PM
For those that missed it last night, podcast link (http://1045theteam.com/andy-serling-at-the-post-live-podcast/).

whodoyoulike
07-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks CJ. I enjoyed it.

Is there some way to hear the podcasts going forward? How do you find previous shows? I missed last week's show and was unaware podcasts were available. I believe someone else asked if there would be re-broadcasts via podcasts.

cj
07-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Thanks CJ. I enjoyed it.

Is there some way to hear the podcasts going forward? How do you find previous shows? I missed last week's show and was unaware podcasts were available. I believe someone else asked if there would be re-broadcasts via podcasts.

I just saw it linked by the radio station on Twitter. Imagine it will continue through the meet.

Canarsie
07-26-2014, 08:59 AM
I just saw it linked by the radio station on Twitter. Imagine it will continue through the meet.

Andy Serling At The Post Live (Podcast)

http://1045theteam.com/andy-serling-at-the-post-live-podcast/

cj
07-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Andy Serling At The Post Live (Podcast)

http://1045theteam.com/andy-serling-at-the-post-live-podcast/

Yep, that is th link I posted. I'm thinking they'll update it weekly.

Canarsie
07-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Yep, that is th link I posted. I'm thinking they'll update it weekly.

Oops missed the link you posted previously my bad.

the little guy
07-29-2014, 09:34 AM
This Thursday's show...

Cot Campbell ( Dogwood Stables )

Leah Gyarmati ( Sweet Reason )

Travis Stone ( Monmouth announcer )

the little guy
08-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Tonight's guests are Shug McGaughey and Siena basketball coach Jimmy Patsos.

levinmpa
08-15-2014, 07:48 AM
I really enjoyed hearing Shug last night. He's got a great memory. That interview ranks up there with the Lukas/Pletcher interview from last year. Excellent. Looking forward to the remaining shows. Thanks Andy.

the little guy
08-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Angel Cordero and Chad Brown this evening.....Bill Mott and Jerry Bailey ( together ) next week.

lsosa54
08-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Link to mp3's from tonight's show in my dropbox if you missed it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64rddetovjz3lqe/Serling_08212014.zip