PDA

View Full Version : Winner of AS Game vs. Winner of Interleague Play

cj's dad
07-14-2014, 11:46 PM
One of MLB execs offered the notion that the home field advantage in the WS should go to the the league that has the higher win % during inter league play as opposed to the winner of the All- Star game. Do you find that to be an excellent idea- Any thoughts on that ?

thaskalos
07-15-2014, 12:06 AM
The home field advantage in baseball is very real...and it should not depend on something as trivial as the all-star game. The winner of inter-league play, or the team with the better record, would both be better options...IMO.

TJDave
07-15-2014, 02:32 AM
Best record.

And get rid of the DH.

Valuist
07-15-2014, 08:51 AM
I also agree the league with the better record in interleague play should be the determiner for home field advantage in the World Series. Using the All-Star game for this was a terrible idea.

Johnny V
07-15-2014, 12:27 PM
There was nothing wrong with alternating home field advantage from year to year as they did before. The team with the best record would be a better option than what they have now though. I agree with TJDAVE:get rid of the DH.

OTM Al
07-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Now that both teams in the WS will have common opponents, I think best record should be rewarded. When there was no interleague play, alternating made sense. The All Star game is a great exhibition game, probably the best of its kind as teams play both sides of the ball unlike in the others, but it is still an exhibition game and it seems odd that as such it should count for something.

thaskalos
07-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Best record.

And get rid of the DH.

I agree...the DH should go.

And for heaven's sake...let the managers wear street clothes. :)

cj's dad
07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree...the DH should go.

And for heaven's sake...let the managers wear street clothes. :)

I have often thought the exact same thing. The thought of Rick Majeris standing on the sidelines wearing a basketball uniform or Rex Ryan in a football uniform is just too funny !