PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Jockey / Trainer questions

Rico8812
07-14-2014, 08:11 PM
For my fantasy pool...

- Will Mike Maker have a full sting this year? He barely raced at Belmont this spring.

- Has Bruce Brown broken through to the next level of trainer?

- Is Michele Nevin for real?

- Zito's been quiet for a few years but had a good spring/summer. Will that continue at the SPA?

- More wins...Todd or Chad (Todd is -10).

- Can Irad challenge Javi for the title?

- When does Taylor Rice lose her bug?

- Will Joe Rocco Jr be riding regularly at the Spa again this year? He had a nice meet last summer.

Feel free to answer any or all of my questions. Thanks!

Thebigguy
07-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Maker had horses he was just cold in NY I believe he was 10% going into a recent baby race that he won on the grass.
Bruce Brown is an OK trainer and he got hot at Belmont, Saratoga is different alot more shippers. To me it seems like Brown fired a lot of bullets at Belmont.
Nevin is the new big time move up/get a horse back to its best races trainer. See Associate Saturday at Belmont. I'm sure she will be fine but if not I would expect her to be right back to 30% @belmont and even better at Aqueduct.
I'm not sure Zito has the stock. We will have to wait and see. Off the top of my head I can only think of West Coast Chick and she's not that good. He is a 50k maiden by Hard Spun who should have won his last 2 races at Belmont.....
I'll take Todd minus 10.
I expect Lezcano to have a giant meet and if he gets support from the big barns he can challenge Ortiz and Javier.

Rise Over Run
07-14-2014, 08:33 PM
For my fantasy pool...

- More wins...Todd or Chad (Todd is -10).

- Can Irad challenge Javi for the title?

- When does Taylor Rice lose her bug?

Feel free to answer any or all of my questions. Thanks!

-10 makes it interesting, but I would still side with Todd

There is no way that Irad challenges JC for the title and I would expect him to finish behind JC, JV, and Rosario

If my review is accurate, Taylor won her 5th race at Presque Isle on September 2nd. I believe she can keep her bug 1 year from the 5th win, which means she'll have it the entire Saratoga meet.

pele polo
07-14-2014, 09:14 PM
There is no way that Irad challenges JC for the title and I would expect him to finish behind JC, JV, and Rosario.

Yeah, a lot of turf racing at Saratoga so Castellano, Rosario, Velazquez, and maybe even Velasquez and Lezcano could end up with more wins.

-The way C. Brown has bee rolling, he could challenge Todd no doubt.

-Maker doesn't have as many Ramsey bullets as he once did. Sussposedly the Ramsey's have gone for slightly more quality over quantity.

-Michelle Nevin, Rudy Rodriguez and Rick Dutrow are all actually the same person. But yes Nevin is as real as those win percentages tell us she is.

bello
07-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Chad vs Pletcher will boil down to fit babies. Typically that edge goes to Todd

Michelle Nevin, does she have the stock for a real run at the Spa?? Watch her Monmouth shippers. Cheaper stock will likely race there for a few weeks Is she the real deal? I hope so because the alternative would smell like a big fat rat.

Zito...Marginal meet at best

Both Ortiz boys continue to improve, which is scary

I hate saying this but John Vel. does not look the same. Races wider than usual of late and may not have a good meet. I hope I am wrong here.

Rocco Jr...I hope he is there. Will get you good prices as he is still low enough profile and knows how to get well positioned.

Good luck to all at the toughest meet of them all.

Ocala Mike
07-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Don't know who he uses to ride, but would be interested in the over/under for number of days into the meeting before trainer Jack Fisher wins with a horse that pays over $20. I'll go under 4.

bello
07-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Don't know who he uses to ride, but would be interested in the over/under for number of days into the meeting before trainer Jack Fisher wins with a horse that pays over $20. I'll go under 4.

Shhhhh....Keep that one to yourself or you'll never get $20.

Thebigguy
07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
His horse from opening day last year just won at Monmouth and paid like $17.

Shemp Howard
07-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Wesley Ward-Frankie Dettori

How can you go wrong????

Rico8812
07-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Wesley Ward-Frankie Dettori

How can you go wrong????

Ward has 10 entries in the first 2 days. Had 31 in 40 days last year.

Wonder if his stable is loaded this year or if he's just entering them for frankie.