PDA

View Full Version : JUST AS I EXPECTED

dartman51
07-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Bowe Bergdahl returns to duty. This would be unbelievable, if it were any other President. :mad:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-bowe-bergdahl-returned-to-regular-duty-20140714-story.html

johnhannibalsmith
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Good. Stick him at a desk and in a life where just about every move he makes will be monitored for the time being while this guy's saga is scrutinized and put this story to bed with a conclusion for once in a long while.

Clocker
07-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Susan Rice, speaking for the White House, said

President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield."

He has to return to active duty to prove that Obama made the right decision and to justify the swap of 5 top terrorists for his release.

What could possibly go wrong?

TJDave
07-14-2014, 07:05 PM
I actually see this as a positive. The Army couldn't interrogate or discipline him if he were discharged.

mostpost
07-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Bowe Bergdahl returns to duty. This would be unbelievable, if it were any other President. :mad:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-bowe-bergdahl-returned-to-regular-duty-20140714-story.html
If it was any other President, everyone would let the military complete its investigation and take whatever action is appropriate. With Obama, if the toilet in the first floor visitors gallery doesn't flush properly it is his fault. An impeachable offense.

Clocker
07-14-2014, 07:28 PM
With Obama, if the toilet in the first floor visitors gallery doesn't flush properly it is his fault.

Not true. No one expects that Obama is competent enough to keep a toilet functioning.

Tom
07-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
With Obama, if the toilet in the first floor visitors gallery doesn't flush properly it is his fault.

Twit.
This is not a plugged toilet.
It is a soldier who walked off his post - caused the deathsof others who went looking for him. Other REAL soldiers.
Thanks to him, 5 high value terrorist leaders/planners are free again, to plot the deaths of countless MORE Americans.

And that BS is the best you can come up with.

tucker6
07-14-2014, 09:41 PM
If it was any other President, everyone would let the military complete its investigation and take whatever action is appropriate. With Obama, if the toilet in the first floor visitors gallery doesn't flush properly it is his fault. An impeachable offense.
A serious question for you. Does Obama generally show statesmanship to you, and if so, in what ways? You can answer this domestically and foreign policy-wise.

Dave Schwartz
07-14-2014, 10:08 PM
I actually see this as a positive. The Army couldn't interrogate or discipline him if he were discharged.

Exactly. A voice of reason.

Thank you.

I believe that (soon-to-be) Private Bergdahl will spend a long time in lock up.

dartman51
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Exactly. A voice of reason.

Thank you.

He should be in jail NOW. Not on active duty, drawing a paycheck. I don't believe there is any question that he walked away from his post in a war zone. At the very least, he is a deserter. :faint:

TJDave
07-14-2014, 10:35 PM

I doubt it. Even if he were to stand court martial he'd get less than a year. They'll probably just discharge him. Surprisingly, since 9/11 there have been thousands of deserters. I did not know this until I did a little research.

JustRalph
07-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Not true. No one expects that Obama is competent enough to keep a toilet functioning.

Awesome post...... :lol:

JustRalph
07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Leave Obama alone! He got Bin Ladin

BlueShoe
07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
And after he gets out a DD or at the very least a BCD.

cj's dad
07-15-2014, 12:06 AM

EDITOR'S NOTE: COTB, you might want to repost this thought, lest it be misconstrued and some dark-suited men come knocking on your door.... :lol:

Dave Schwartz
07-15-2014, 12:17 AM
He should be in jail NOW. Not on active duty, drawing a paycheck. I don't believe there is any question that he walked away from his post in a war zone. At the very least, he is a deserter.

Oh, I agree, but the wheels of justice turn slowly. Sometimes even in the military.

I doubt it. Even if he were to stand court martial he'd get less than a year. They'll probably just discharge him. Surprisingly, since 9/11 there have been thousands of deserters. I did not know this until I did a little research.

The issue is not JUST desertion. His desertion left (as I recall) 5 soldiers dead in the search for him. That is (I hope) deserving of far more than a year.

I won't lose any sleep over this but as a veteran, I hope he gets what he deserves.

JustRalph
07-15-2014, 12:34 AM
Heard on the radio today that he will get 350k in back pay and POW pay.

BlueShoe
07-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Heard on the radio today that he will get 350k in back pay and POW pay.
If he is convicted, suspension and forfeiture of pay should be part of the sentence. Unsure if the Army has the authority to withold back pay pending the results of an investigation and/or courts martial, but if justice still works, that surely should be the proper action.

Clocker
07-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Strange stuff, reported by the WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/07/14/bowe-bergdahl-has-refused-to-speak-to-parents/), especially after all that drama with Obama and the parents.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl hasn’t spoken to his family since he was released from captivity in Pakistan, according to an Army official.

Sgt. Bergdahl has refused to see his parents or speak to them on the phone, the official said. The decision by Sgt. Bergdahl, who returned to regular duty on Monday, suggests a deeper estrangement between the soldier and his parents than the military understood when he was released. Still, officials said, they don’t know the precise cause of the tension or when it began.

Sgt. Bergdahl’s father, Robert Bergdahl, emerged as a fierce advocate for his son during the five years that Sgt. Bergdahl was held in Pakistan by the Haqqani Network, pushing for action to get his son released. When Sgt. Bergdahl was released to U.S. Special Forces following a prisoner exchange that freed five Taliban detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Mr. Bergdahl and his wife appeared at a White House announcement alongside President Barack Obama.

Tom
07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
The Manchurian candidate?

cj's dad
07-15-2014, 05:29 PM
EDITOR'S NOTE: COTB, you might want to repost this thought, lest it be misconstrued and some dark-suited men come knocking on your door.... :lol:

You know who I meant and it was not BHO: I was referring to the low-life;
Damn that may not work either.

Clocker
07-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Sometimes it amazes me that the government and the military ever get anything done with all the red tape. Bergdahl's return to active duty is part of his "reintegration process".

According to this story (http://news.yahoo.com/sgt-bowe-bergdahls-life-now-174952061--abc-news-politics.html), Army investigators have not even talked to him yet about what happened.

Army investigators have held off interviewing Bergdahl about his disappearance until after he completed his reintegration process.

I see that he has also gotten a lawyer. I wonder if the Army had to wait for that too, before questioning him.