PDA

View Full Version : One price shot for Tuesday

Valuist
04-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Haw 5th- IZA CHILI BEAN

This one is better than the turf record indicates. Last May the horse ran 3rd beaten less than a length by Galic Boy at 48-1. He didn't get back on grass until August 24, and ran a decent 7th beaten only 4.5 by Ya Lajwaad. The runnerup, Barometric ended up winning his next race and then won a NW2X at Keeneland. And Chili Bean had a wide trip from the 10 hole. I know they tried to get this horse in a turf race last week but couldn't draw in. There are no monsters in this field. Think he can outrun his likely double-digit odds.

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2004, 03:38 AM
Sounds like a very helpful point! How did you find that out and how can I monitor that angle for other horses? DRF has some prior scratches.

Valuist
04-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Other than your memory or writing it down, I don't know. I remebered it because I've been waiting for this horse to get back on turf and I was disappointed he didn't draw in last week.

The DRF does make a notation for a race taken off the grass. There could be some significance to that showing the intention of the connections to run on the grass.