PDA

View Full Version : Opening day at DMR, July 17th.

Stillriledup
07-13-2014, 08:29 PM
First two races of the day, 14 horse fields. Good luck in that pick 5. :D

letswastemoney
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I just hope for a consistent track. It was always the strangest polytrack for me, especially last year when closers weren't doing as well.

tanner12oz
07-13-2014, 09:09 PM
It did play pretty bizarre last year

thespaah
07-13-2014, 09:52 PM
many races with large fields. Hopefully, there won't be a bunch of scratches.
Looks good though.

Al Gobbi
07-13-2014, 11:15 PM
I believe that Del Mar opened the polytrack over the winter and re-did the base, only in a temporary way with dirt returning after this year.

The turf has been overhauled, it is totally brand new - wider in the straightaways. However, it still looks like the turns are sharp. It will allow for twelve horse fields in routes and ten horse fields in five furlong races when the rail is at zero feet. I don't know if they will still publish the "old" turf track records, but if they do then totally disregard them.

Stillriledup
07-14-2014, 03:53 AM
I believe that Del Mar opened the polytrack over the winter and re-did the base, only in a temporary way with dirt returning after this year.

The turf has been overhauled, it is totally brand new - wider in the straightaways. However, it still looks like the turns are sharp. It will allow for twelve horse fields in routes and ten horse fields in five furlong races when the rail is at zero feet. I don't know if they will still publish the "old" turf track records, but if they do then totally disregard them.

Excellent info, thank you Al.

Dark Horse
07-14-2014, 05:08 AM
Bejarano returns Thursday.

Plenty of other familiar faces. Good to see Caracortado back on Friday. Only his second race since the 2012 Daytona (where Denman had already counted him out).

Del Mar! :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
07-14-2014, 05:09 AM
Bejarano returns Thursday.

Plenty of other familiar faces. Good to see Caracortado back on Friday. Only his second race since the 2012 Daytona (where Denman had already counted him out).

Del Mar! :ThmbUp:

I saw that RB was back, that's amazing, hopefully he's 100% and not rushing his return, glad to see him back in the saddle, that's great news.

Stillriledup
07-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Pick 5 pool to reach 1 million dollars?

Might be close, should be at least 750 you would imagine.

bks
07-17-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm surprised at you, SRU. You didn't see the AC Avila angle in the 1st? He loves to win the 1st race of the DMR meet, and loves to win in front of big crowds ;)

Stillriledup
07-17-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised at you, SRU. You didn't see the AC Avila angle in the 1st? He loves to win the 1st race of the DMR meet, and loves to win in front of big crowds ;)

I saw it. Just didnt realize nobody was going to try. I liked the 1 in there and the jock buried him and never let him loose...he finished with sneaky late run in a no shot spot. NOW, if i knew the gates would open and the other 9 jocks would forget to try, i might have been all over the 2!

All kidding aside, all the jocks tried really hard in the first, very aggressively ridden race. :D

Stillriledup
07-17-2014, 05:15 PM

As soon as Trevor said "the pace is good early on" you knew the front runner couldn't lose. :D

bks
07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
The :2: got crushed late in the wagering. 0-0-0 for his last 10 races.

Jogburger.

Nonna Reese at 8-1 11 mins to post. I'll be watching.