PDA

View Full Version : I've Had Enough - LRC 7/13/14 R5

Al Gobbi
07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
beaten almost 60 lengths in his debut at Santa Anita last month, 12-1 morning line today and wins at 5-2.

Some_One
07-13-2014, 10:03 PM
blinkers on, better works leading into this race

grant miller
07-13-2014, 11:40 PM
so sorry , what kinda gas did he wave ??

letswastemoney
07-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Blinkers on and bullet workout. Still a drastic form reversal. (err...the PPs were free anyway, so I thought I'd post them)

johnhannibalsmith
07-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Debuted going a mile and spotted them 20 before they hit the backside - then worked him six days later... probably not an effort worth putting a whole lot of stock in, the kind I just draw a line through and figure at least he knows what's going on this time.

picojim
07-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Was it 1st time gelded?

PhantomOnTour
07-14-2014, 12:27 AM
beaten almost 60 lengths in his debut at Santa Anita last month, 12-1 morning line today and wins at 5-2.
Why have you "had enough?"

Was it the price or the form reversal, or a bit of both?

Trips
07-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Why have you "had enough?"

Was it the price or the form reversal, or a bit of both?
That was the horses name.

PhantomOnTour
07-14-2014, 12:57 AM
That was the horses name.
D'oh ! :blush:

Guess I should read the whole thread next time :lol:

Pensacola Pete
07-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Last race the horse didn't leave and was 15 lengths behind before the club turn. The jockey decided to call it a day and gave the horse a mile cantor. Since then the horse had a bullet workout and a work from the gate 4 days before the race to show that it could break on demand. The stable knew it was ready, and it was bet early and hard. The horse didn't break that well, was wide the whole turn, and raced greenly in the stretch, and it still won, eased down, by about a length at the wire.

nijinski
07-14-2014, 01:59 AM
D'oh ! :blush:

Guess I should read the whole thread next time :lol:

Don't feel too bad . Before I opened the thread I thought it was about
a runner from O'Neill's barn . Then I read the posts and was more
confused . It's not the same horse and I now realize the other is
"He's Had Enough" He showed up after "I'll Have Another's retirement.

thaskalos
07-14-2014, 03:54 AM
If anything...this race teaches us that the Bris Prime Power Rating is not as influential in the betting as some seem to think they are. The horse sported the 9th-highest rating in the field...and yet went off at odds of 5-2.

Another thing I learned here is that horseplayers will find a reason to explain even the most unlikeliest outcome.

Stillriledup
07-14-2014, 04:08 AM
Lucky it wasn't AC Avila and Omar Berrio......everyone else gets a pass on a "Form reversal".

upthecreek
07-14-2014, 08:58 AM

TVG influence? Matt C best bet of the day,he gave out in the morning and later Simon had it as his play of the day

johnhannibalsmith
07-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Lucky it wasn't AC Avila and Omar Berrio......everyone else gets a pass on a "Form reversal".

There's no form here to reverse.

overthehill
07-14-2014, 11:22 AM
I dont know what you are surprised about. clearly last time was a no go. and this time with the blinkers on . the horse was ready based on his workout and not much in the race. if anything i would question the morning line guy at la.
it clearly was going to get bet based on that speedy workout.

In new york a horse broke its maiden after getting blinkers on and firstime lasix and paid over 20-1! that one didnt show a speedy workout .

JohnGalt1
07-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Didn't James Quinn write that horses improve 59 lengths from their first start to their second start? :)

plainolebill
07-15-2014, 12:53 AM
I didn't bet the horse but I wasn't shocked that he won. Hood on and a 46 and change work, that should suggest that they tried him in the morning with blinkers. Pender is a sharp trainer too.

The horse that ran 2nd was the shocker. :lol:

Track Phantom
07-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Not sure why this is so hard to believe.

There aren't many horses that are legitimately 60 lengths worse than their field at that level so you'd have to believe something went wrong and put a line through it and treat it like a first timer. That is what I did.

Stillriledup
07-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Not sure why this is so hard to believe.

There aren't many horses that are legitimately 60 lengths worse than their field at that level so you'd have to believe something went wrong and put a line through it and treat it like a first timer. That is what I did.

I think bettors are concerned that trainers have the ability to put a "bad line" on a horse by not having the horse ready for one reason or another and then cashing a bet the next time on a horse who appears to not be able to run at all.

Sure, we can all use the "something must have went wrong" but if we do that, we aren't going to be vigilant at 'shenanigans' and deliberate hiding of the form. This was what happened with the Avila horse who won at Churchill, they got in trouble for a "form reversal" yet, we don't seem to hold other people to the same standards. Its random when they "investigate" a form reversal.

plainolebill
07-16-2014, 01:16 AM
There's a saying about the first race belonging to the trainer. There can't be form reversal if there isn't any form, one race isn't form - now if the horse had several races and this happened you may have a legitimate a beef.

Leparoux
07-16-2014, 09:42 AM
5-2 is kind of absurd but that workout on 7/4 is hard to ignore.

RaceBookJoe
07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
5-2 is kind of absurd but that workout on 7/4 is hard to ignore.

Seem like 5-2 was the tipoff that the horse wasn't as bad as the previous race made him appear. Reminds me of one of those old-school angles.

WP1981
07-16-2014, 12:03 PM
I know it is virtually impossible, but I wish the public was privy to money connections have on their horse in any given race. It all stinks of insider trading.

We have all seen the public workouts (let him run a bit, fade on the turn, give him a half assed whip to show we are "trying"). I can guarantee they don't have a dime riding on this race, yet the win pool on this horse can be tens of thousands with seasoned pro's and newbies alike saying "wtf was that?".

All of it is disenchanting. The old guard will say "do your homework and research better" or "what they bet is none of your business".

The sport is dieing and is not all takeout related. People are sick of getting screwed by everyone in the game.

theiman
07-16-2014, 02:08 PM
The topic is I've Had Enough because Al Gobbi(Southie Boy on the old DM Forum) likes to post anything negative about the sport he can.

This was a great case of reading between the lines and watching video replays to find a reason for a change. Perhaps it was a bad morning line, but it certainly wasnt shocking.