PDA

View Full Version : Did Fancy Boss go farther or shorter

hopbet
07-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Looking at the last TWO races of Fancy Boss the last race 6-1-14 (race 4 ) final time was 109.26 and on 5-4-14 ( race 5 ) final time was 110.99. Time wise 6-1 seems shorter. I'm just double checking . Thank you

johnhannibalsmith
07-13-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the guy to answer the question, but I'm not sure of the question, so I can't be certain.

Are you trying to measure ground loss (in terms of trip) based on final times?

If it is ground loss (shorter distance covered vs. longer distance covered) you are looking to figure out, you may find the Trakus function for NYRA a lot more helpful.

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/handicapping/trakus/

You can click on the calendar in the left corner, find the date, load the race number, and then fiddle with the drop down menu towards the right to determine ground loss/distance covered for each horse.

hopbet
07-13-2014, 03:45 PM
The race on 1 June the distance was about 1320 , I know 1320 would be 6 fur. Does the about mean more or less than six furs. Trakus shows 108.79 for 6 furs.
Thanks for the help

Some_One
07-14-2014, 03:44 AM
The about was probably less, usually on turf races, some distances at some tracks require the rail out a certain length to be the exact distance. Arlington has this for their 10f races, Woodbine needs the rail out in lane 3 I believe at least for an exact 9f race.

Rise Over Run
07-14-2014, 08:32 AM
They moved the rails way out (~35') on the inner turf course for the week leading up to the Belmont Stakes Card to protect the turf course. There were a bunch of races run at (about) distances.

hopbet
07-14-2014, 06:51 PM
either you're tiger woods or ben roethlisberger twin, or change your AVATAR. Just kidding, I will use that information for future wager. Thanks again

Rise Over Run
07-14-2014, 08:14 PM
either you're tiger woods or ben roethlisberger twin, or change your AVATAR. Just kidding, I will use that information for future wager. Thanks again
I've always thought the photo was funny; has nothing to do with me or my screen name. They are each proud members of the Womanizer of the Year Hall of Shame.