PDA

View Full Version : This is how the Browns and Bengals stay in business

JustRalph
07-11-2014, 07:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11200179/nfl-teams-divided-6-billion-revenue-according-green-bay-packers-financials

$188 Million payday guaranteed

Salary Cap $123 Million............ I know it's not the whole story, but a ton of money

Robert Fischer
07-11-2014, 08:51 PM
The league does a genius-level job of using the media, and they have reached a level of corporate investment in order to stay there.

That media power, and corporate support is much more valuable than whatever the "cowboys", "patriots", etc... are worth.

It's similar to the NBA, but a big contrast with what racing does (and does not do).

Zydeco
07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
And my Green Bay Packers can stay in the league!

ManU918
07-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Come 2021... I fully expect the players to holdout for a lot longer than they did last time. These numbers are only going to increase every year and with the possibility of a London team the league is only going to get more popular with more sponsorship dollars coming in from different avenues.

cj's dad
07-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Come 2021... I fully expect the players to holdout for a lot longer than they did last time. These numbers are only going to increase every year and with the possibility of a London team the league is only going to get more popular with more sponsorship dollars coming in from different avenues.

So, which current NFL team gets relocated, Jax.? Basing a team in London would be a logistics nightmare. What time would games start there so as yo be on air in the US at a logical time? 3 PM which would make it a 10 AM east coast start - great for the Sunday brunch crowd- but 7 AM out west ?

ManU918
07-12-2014, 01:35 PM
So, which current NFL team gets relocated, Jax.? Basing a team in London would be a logistics nightmare. What time would games start there so as yo be on air in the US at a logical time? 3 PM which would make it a 10 AM east coast start - great for the Sunday brunch crowd- but 7 AM out west ?

I doubt if the NFL expanded to London that they would try to compete with the EPL on a weekly basis which means that the NFL games played in England would be played later in the night. So maybe they start at 4 eastern which would be the same time that the west coast games start now.

cj's dad
07-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Which would make the start time for every game played in London 9PM !