PDA

View Full Version : Equibase Horse Data and Neverending Video Advertisement Loads, Inc.

johnhannibalsmith
07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Preface:

No, I don't use AdBlock or some fancy browser so that I don't even need to be bothered.

Gripe:

Am I the only one that can no longer go to Equibase and look at an entry page (among others) without the motherscratching page trying to load about six identical video players in the right border frame all gradually inundating me with the same noisy, confounding advertisement one after another?

I try not to bitch about this sort of stuff in general since I know they need to get something back to give everything out, but this setup they've got going on now is flat out ridiculous. I can usually scroll down far enough to see the first two or three races on any card before the parade of video players begins its montage and holds the rest of the page hostage until I finally just close the damn thing.

Any shot if any Equibase guy is here and it isn't just me with this aggravation that you could consider doing something just a little different? I'm sure that there is hard data suggesting that people like me that lose our patience fighting with redundant advertisements are in the minority and people are more inclined to buy whatever it is that is being pimped. But, on the off chance that there is not, please consider those of us that just stop even using websites altogether if they insist on acting like that every time you try to use them. It's almost useless at present.

Thanks.

thespaah
07-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Preface:

No, I don't use AdBlock or some fancy browser so that I don't even need to be bothered.

Gripe:

Am I the only one that can no longer go to Equibase and look at an entry page (among others) without the motherscratching page trying to load about six identical video players in the right border frame all gradually inundating me with the same noisy, confounding advertisement one after another?

I try not to bitch about this sort of stuff in general since I know they need to get something back to give everything out, but this setup they've got going on now is flat out ridiculous. I can usually scroll down far enough to see the first two or three races on any card before the parade of video players begins its montage and holds the rest of the page hostage until I finally just close the damn thing.

Any shot if any Equibase guy is here and it isn't just me with this aggravation that you could consider doing something just a little different? I'm sure that there is hard data suggesting that people like me that lose our patience fighting with redundant advertisements are in the minority and people are more inclined to buy whatever it is that is being pimped. But, on the off chance that there is not, please consider those of us that just stop even using websites altogether if they insist on acting like that every time you try to use them. It's almost useless at present.

Thanks.
I have no such issues.
Of course I have pop up blockers.

ubercapper
07-14-2014, 02:38 PM
I have been informed Equibase is aware of these video ads and is actively working to block them.

Whenever someone sees ads like these or ads they find offensive please email feedback@equibase.com and someone will investigate.

johnhannibalsmith
07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Cool, thanks.

I started to think it was just me, but I had a hard time doing much to rectify it other than trying not to use the site until I was on a little stouter machine so they would all just load and be done with.

Glad to know someone is at least looking into it. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
07-18-2014, 03:35 PM
I didn't want to jump the gun until I got a chance to get back on the computer (this one) that I generally use when perusing the site, but now that I have:

THANK YOU!!!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: