PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Main Event

ManU918
07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Day three and Ivey is one of the chip leaders... Mid day two he won a monster pot...

Ivey - 66
Villain 1 - 8h9h
Villain 2 - KK

Flop - 6-7-10....Rainbow... All the chips are in the middle for a 400K plus pot.... Guy with 89 congrats Ivey, gathers his things and walks out... turn is a blank...river is a 10...

Their on day 3 now and Ivey has mid 400's... Would love to see him make the final table... Still over 1200 people left so a ton of work to be done.

tucker6
07-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Day three and Ivey is one of the chip leaders... Mid day two he won a monster pot...

Ivey - 66
Villain 1 - 8h9h
Villain 2 - KK

Flop - 6-7-10....Rainbow... All the chips are in the middle for a 400K plus pot.... Guy with 89 congrats Ivey, gathers his things and walks out... turn is a blank...river is a 10...

Their on day 3 now and Ivey has mid 400's... Would love to see him make the final table... Still over 1200 people left so a ton of work to be done.
why would a guy fold with a straight on the flop? It beats 96%+ of all hands.

ManU918
07-10-2014, 08:35 PM
why would a guy fold with a straight on the flop? It beats 96%+ of all hands.

He called (My post says all the chips were in after the flop... Ivey and both of the other guys) and told Ivey it was nice playing with him and left... He had a feeling the board would pair but couldn't fold the nuts...Ivey got there on the river with the full house.

fmhealth
07-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Spoiler alert! More W/S news.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-07-14/chutzpah-alone-won-t-win-the-poker-world-series

PhantomOnTour
07-15-2014, 08:55 PM
I predict this year will be the last WSOP shown on ESPN.

Norm Chad again? Ya' kidding me?...this is the same regurgitated pathetic joke year after year.
Can't imagine folks haven't tired of this yet, esp with the Main Event final table being known before it's even shown.

I have almost completely lost interest

ManU918
07-15-2014, 09:22 PM

Norm Chad again? Ya' kidding me?...this is the same regurgitated pathetic joke year after year.
Can't imagine folks haven't tired of this yet, esp with the Main Event final table being known before it's even shown.

The WSOP contract with ESPN goes through 2017.... What does knowing who is at the final table have to do with anything? The November Nine has been going on since 2008 and if anything it helps the players get sponsorships and helps promote the most prestigious tournament in the world. When ESPN broadcasts the final table... Its on a 30 min delay, so unless you're online hitting refresh every few minutes you have no idea what is going on.

PhantomOnTour
07-15-2014, 09:36 PM
The WSOP contract with ESPN goes through 2017.... What does knowing who is at the final table have to do with anything? The November Nine has been going on since 2008 and if anything it helps the players get sponsorships and helps promote the most prestigious tournament in the world. When ESPN broadcasts the final table... Its on a 30 min delay, so unless you're online hitting refresh every few minutes you have no idea what is going on.
Well - don't they show the Main Event over the course of a few weeks/months as the field whittles down to the Nov9?
Knowing who made the final table kind of takes away from that broadcast, eh?

A guy who made the final table goes all in on Day2 and you know he's not losing

ManU918
07-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Well - don't they show the Main Event over the course of a few weeks/months as the field whittles down to the Nov9?

Lets be honest... The majority of the viewers who will tune into the weekly episodes of the WSOP coverage on ESPN leading up to the final table have no idea what has happened. Even the viewers like myself who has followed every update and every chip count update will still watch... Because I love the game. If you do know what happened... Why wouldn't you watch? Mark Newhouse's back to back final tables at the Main Event in the fields as deep as they were is one of the greatest accomplishments in poker history. Don't you want to see his road back to the FT? I sure do.

thaskalos
07-15-2014, 10:12 PM

And THAT makes you lose all interest?

PhantomOnTour
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
And THAT makes you lose all interest?
That and Norm Chad :D

Didn't Harrington make back to back final tables about 6-7yrs ago?

ManU918
07-16-2014, 07:38 AM
That and Norm Chad :D

Didn't Harrington make back to back final tables about 6-7yrs ago?

Harrington made back to back Final tables in 03 and 04 when there were 839 entries and 2576 entries. In 2013 there were 6352 entries and this year 6683. What Newhouse did is simply incredible.

MutuelClerk
07-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Surviving 13,000 players, races, bad beats in two years is a truly outstanding feat. I think Harrington wrote the best books on tournament play, but Newhouse's feat is unrivaled. Run well, play well in November Mr. Newhouse.

tucker6
07-19-2014, 06:48 AM
I wish they'd cap the participants at 3,000 and raise the stake to equalize the purse. My personal feeling is that there are to many bad beats and too much luck involved when trank amateurs are playing hands that should rightfully be discarded. Then there are those people who go after some of the professionals so that they can say that they took a Phil Ivey down. Even if they don't take them down, it tends to weaken the top pros as they go into the middle stages of the tournament. Again JMO.

PhantomOnTour
07-27-2016, 10:31 AM

Looks like I missed it by one year...said 2014 would be that last one on ESPN, looks like 2015 was. Don't recall seeing anything this year on ESPN, and I just saw that the final table is already set.

upthecreek
07-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Highlights from the tournament will be broadcast on ESPN each Sunday night leading up to the November Nine, and the final table will be featured in a three-night live finale.