PDA

View Full Version : Rebates?

tex97239
04-26-2004, 03:25 PM
I am interested in knowing how other players (particularly those who don't bet $100 million per year) feel about the practice of rebating.

I cannot believe that anyone who is not able to obtain these rebates because their handle isn't sufficient to interest the rebate shops would approve of the practice. .

Afterall, you as a player (no matter how small your handle) are competing against every other player who bets into the same pool. If your opponent receives, say a 10% rebate, he/she is effectivley being paid off at a higher price on his winners and being charged less for his losers!...How ridiculous is that?

I bet $100 to win on a horse and get paid off at 2-1 odds and my advesary bets $20k and gets paid off at 5-2?...

I have a bad day at the track and loose a grand...my boners go into the IRS file, my opponent has a bad day and looses $200,000...he gets a check in the mail for 20g's from his friendly rebate shop...

I wish that everytime I left the track I could stop by the closest mutuel window and get back ten percent of all my action.

I am trying to imagine how this would work in other forms of competition...Let's see, an NFL game where one team is awarded 8 points for a touchdown and the other team gets six?...How long do you think that would last?

I don't necessarily advocate doing away with the practice, just make it uniform and available to all customers.

jackad
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
You can make $2 bets at the offshore rebate shops (eg., e-horse, pinnacle).

Buckeye
04-26-2004, 07:01 PM
In fact, you can make $1 bets at these places! :cool:

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2004, 03:06 AM
Fine by me. You can "search" and will find older threads with opinions on rebates also.

tex97239
04-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Are these legitimate pari-mutuel rebate shops or are they some of these shady operations that I have read about elsewhere on this forum...i.e....not paying off on some wagers, slow pay, etc...

I have no interest in placing a bet with any OTB that is not pari-mutuel, whose acton is not co-mingled into the track pools. I do not want to have to worry about getting stiffed on a bet or having my payoff capped if I happen to make a major score in the exotics.

As I understand it, the rebate operations that are being used by guys like Maury Wolfe (who was featured in the NY Times article) are catering strictly to large accounts. If you are a player who wants to open up an account with $500 they aren't the least bit interested in you action. In fact they are rather secretive about their contact information because they only want play from large bettors.

If any of the shops that you are referring to here are pari-mutuel and are offering rebate percentages similar to those being paid to guys like Wolfe then I would love for someone to post the contact information for them.

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I you are a decent capper you will do ok at the track, at an off-track facility, or online with sites whose action is recognized officially by the racing industry.