PDA

View Full Version : quick Formulator update

Marc At DRF
04-26-2004, 03:06 PM
There's a new Formulator install up (replacing existing install), the main point of which is to fix the bug that was effecting less than 5% of the users, causing their machines to crash. If you downloaded it and it blew up once you tried to open it, that's been fixed.

New download available at:

www.drf.com/formulator

IRISHLADSTABLE
04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Marc,
I've been trying to get in to the site for an hour .
Keep on getting an errpr msg Failed connection
Whats going on ?

Jimmy

Marc At DRF
04-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Jimmy,

No problems with the site that we know of.

kitts
04-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Marc-

I installed over Formulator 3.1 and I had no crashes-shall I download the upgrade anyway?

BTW, a very nifty program. Walk proudly, man!

Marc At DRF
04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
If it didn't crash don't worry about it, it's fine.

Glad you like it.

garyoz
04-27-2004, 09:58 PM
The program continues to work flawlessly for me, as it has since the initial download. The longest I have had to wait for the largest trainer file download is less than 4 seconds. (Cable modem) Truely an awesome program. I can see how it could become so integrated into your play that it would be a must have for the serious player using trainer angles or a heavy user of charts. After very limited use (5 cards), I find it most useful to identify play againsts on underlays or complete tosses. I am very impressed by the program.

Marc At DRF
04-28-2004, 08:07 AM
"After very limited use (5 cards), I find it most useful to identify play againsts on underlays or complete tosses."

Totally agree on this. When looking to toss faves or underlays, it's just a great research tool.

I'm digging the "workout" functionality, available within the trainer pattern tool. Holthus has a 2-yr-old first time starter running at Churchill tomorrow. Expensive colt, only shows two works. DRF shows good numbers with First time starters for Holthus.

I click on his name and first I select 2-yr-olds and first time starters. First I see that he does way, way worse with 2-yr-old first time starters, as compared to older first time starters, over the last 5 years.

Then I add in the "winners" button, to isolate his winners within this category, to examine them. So now I see that Holthus has had 6 2-yr-olds who are first time starters who have won, in the last 5 years. But my question is: Does he ever win with these types in the Spring? And with an abbreviated work pattern? I click on "View TP PPs," and the PPs for those 6 debut winning 2-yr-olds pops up on the screen. 4 of them are fall horses with extended work patterns showing before their first start. One other is a summer debut, again with an extended work pattern. There's only one Spring debut winner-- and yes, he does show only 2 works, but this was in a maiden claimer. So, what Holthus is doing tomorrow, he has only done it once successfully in 5 years, and in a cheaper class. If he's a short price, this horse is a bet against for me tomorrow.

Bluenose
04-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Cant open any cards and get these errors which Ive attached.

Marc At DRF
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
says formulator's developer:

"Could be computer date settings. Is he foreign?"

Please contact formulatorhelp@drf.com

Bluenose
04-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Problem solved!!

Thanks Marc!!