PDA

View Full Version : Bel Thurs Race 8

PhantomOnTour
07-10-2014, 12:43 AM
I think the :2: Box Office is a pace standout and serious wire to wire threat.
4-1 ML and I will go as low as 3-1 for a play, but there are question marks:
> barn not winning much at the meet, but have sent out many live runners based on the number of minor awards
> he is a ground loser in the lane lately, settling for minor awards
> his last two wins were vs Clm foes
> his last race looks good from a figure standpoint, but it was the only dirt route on the card at Mth on 31May, and my numbers have this race way out of line with the six sprints....I have an asterisk next to this race's figure. He has some back races with fast pace figs too, so his last may be legit.

Still, he looks no worse than 2nd in my book, and Rosario getting aboard doesn't hurt my confidence. In lighter than all other contenders at 120lbs.

:5: Scarly Charly went from a MSW sprint win at SA to the Gr1 Met Mile at Bel following a brief break...whoa...and he ran okay. But here's another speed fig dilemma....did he just suck along while never a threat and record his lifetime best figure?...or is he really good? 8-5 ML odds and a jock who's lost his bug since he last rode him are reasons to consider going against this guy.

:3: Bernardo is another who puzzles a figure guy like me. He runs huge figures at Aqu, but wins more at Bel. By my numbers, his best Aqu fig towers over his best Bel fig. Has some races that say he can contend, but NY bred hasn't beaten open company in numerous tries. Not sure where I am going with this guy, but ML of 7-2 is too low for me.

:4: Roman Approval would look a heck of a lot better if he didn't have Tonito M to contend with in Puerto Rico...ran 2nd to him five times.
His rival has run okay in a few efforts here on the mainland, but I am against RA in this race. No better explanation other than I think he's too slow for the best in here. Faces older foes for the first time.

:1: Sinistra is another good NY bred whom I think is winless vs open company (maiden win not showing in pp's). Figs are on the fringes of the best, but he retains top jock Castellano. One or two back races can contend, but he looks more like and underneath type than the winner...3-20 lifetime with six 2nds.

As of now it's Box Office over all of the above except Roman Approval, and Scarly Charly over my choice (check the workout) as he might be really good.
Win bet also, but no go on anything at less than 3-1.

Good luck...fascinating race for a figure nerd like me.

Stillriledup
07-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Scarly Charly is a potential beast, he has a very powerful stride, was very washy when he won at SA in March, he's a natural router, he could win this race and pay 3.80 and a few months from now, we might be saying "i can't believe i got 3.80 on Scarly Charly vs Bernardo and Sinistra"

aaron
07-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Scarly Charly is a potential beast, he has a very powerful stride, was very washy when he won at SA in March, he's a natural router, he could win this race and pay 3.80 and a few months from now, we might be saying "i can't believe i got 3.80 on Scarly Charly vs Bernardo and Sinistra"
This is a race I could be very wrong,but I am against Scarly Charly.I think he is just another horse in this field and he'll be over bet. I lean toward Sinistra or Bernardo. It is rare that I am against a Mike Hushion figure horse,but I think this horse just might not be that good.

JohnGalt1
07-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I will be playing :1: Sinistra to win with the :3: :5: Bernardo and Scarly Charlie in an exacta over the :1:

All 3 are in the top Performance Class Rating and Sinistra is the only runner with a recent race, other than the :5: who raced July 3, but the recent races were atrocious.

Robert Fischer
07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't see any superstars here.

:5: Scarly Charly - no real reason to bet against him, but plenty of reasons to pass the race because of him. Pretty certain to be both an underlay and the most probable looking winner. Dressed up form. Probably goes off less than 3/2.

:1: Sinistra's - form makes it look like he should be downgraded for his statebred status, but he fits here much better than Bernardo who should be 8-1.

:2: Box Office -is an honest horse, and he's earning checks with his tactical speed, but what more does he need to finish the deal(besides a drop in class)?

cutchemist42
07-10-2014, 12:49 PM
:5: wins; also liked the :4: and :2: .

Ocala Mike
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM
20 mins. to post. I would not be too quick to throw out the :4: , ROMAN APPROVAL. I am projecting a 10-12 point Beyer improvement over his last, which makes him a win contender.

I bet 6 units on :4: , a 1-unit exacta ALL/ :4: , a 1-unit exacta box, :4: :5: , and a 1-unit tri, :5: /ALL/ :4:

Also, DD's :4: and :5: to :4: and :6: in the last.

dirty moose
07-10-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm also against the fav here.

Depending on odds, I'd go with the 3 or the 4.
5-1 on the :3: 8-1 on the :4:

Robert Fischer
07-10-2014, 04:56 PM
$10 play

.50cent tri 5 w/ 1,2,3,4,7 w/ 2 =$2

.50cent tri 5 w/ 2 w/ 1,2,3,4,7 =$2

$2 tri 5/1/2 =$2
$2 tri 5/2/1 =$2
$1 exacta 5 w/ 1,2 =$2

Robert Fischer
07-10-2014, 05:02 PM
I think the :2: Box Office is a pace standout and serious wire to wire threat.
4-1 ML and I will go as low as 3-1 for a play, but there are question marks:
> barn not winning much at the meet, but have sent out many live runners based on the number of minor awards
> he is a ground loser in the lane lately, settling for minor awards
> his last two wins were vs Clm foes
> his last race looks good from a figure standpoint, but it was the only dirt route on the card at Mth on 31May, and my numbers have this race way out of line with the six sprints....I have an asterisk next to this race's figure. He has some back races with fast pace figs too, so his last may be legit.

Still, he looks no worse than 2nd in my book, and Rosario getting aboard doesn't hurt my confidence. In lighter than all other contenders at 120lbs....

Good handicapping.
2nd @ 6-1 :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
07-10-2014, 05:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZD1sQBdlE :D

aaron
07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I was wrong,but fortunately for me,I got good advice not to take to strong a stance against the Hushion horse.

Dark Horse
07-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I liked the 2 as well (W and P). The head-on shows Franco on the #5 cutting off the #4 right out of the gate. He also veers over towards the rail in the stretch, unnecessarily imo, to close the gap when the #2 seemed to find another gear and was already in that space. The #2 may still not have won, but it would have been a lot closer than 3/4 lengths. I would have DQ'd the guy for not giving the other horse a fair chance to win, after already taking out the 4 early. Riders like that are bad news for bettors (unless you're on them).

PhantomOnTour
07-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Not bad...winner wasn't going to be denied.
Things went exactly as planned but the :2: couldn't fend off the :5: .
Fought back for a few strides in midstretch after being headed, but relented in the end.
Got 6-1, which I am happy about, but the exotics weren't much.
Really needed the :2: to win to make any decent profit.
Small score.