PDA

View Full Version : Famous Bet

zerosky
07-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Thought I'd drop this here as it's not racing related.

Brook's club in eighteenth century London kept scrupulous records of bets struck between members. One in particular caught my eye.

"In 1875 Lord Cholmondeley has given two guineas to Ld. Derby, to receive 500 guineas whenever his Lordship f**ks a woman in a balloon one thousand yards from the earth."

tucker6
07-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Thought I'd drop this here as it's not racing related.

Brook's club in eighteenth century London kept scrupulous records of bets struck between members. One in particular caught my eye.

"In 1875 Lord Cholmondeley has given two guineas to Ld. Derby, to receive 500 guineas whenever his Lordship f**ks a woman in a balloon one thousand yards from the earth."
I'm curious as to the actual word(s) used to describe the activity back in Victoria's time? Care to elaborate?

Robert Fischer
07-09-2014, 04:51 PM
https://lonestarr.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/2013-topps-eric-decker-1000-yard-club.jpg...

zerosky
07-10-2014, 05:07 AM
I'm curious as to the actual word(s) used to describe the activity back in Victoria's time? Care to elaborate?

Those are the actual words (without the asterisks) this one is from Brooks club but the most complete list is from Whites club.

In fact the year was 1785 (my bad)