PDA

View Full Version : Good M Pace analysis

mrroyboy
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Derick Giwner has a good analysis of the Meadowlands Pace on the DRF website. Worth reading.

cmp92
07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Derick Giwner has a good analysis of the Meadowlands Pace on the DRF website. Worth reading.
Pretty good read. That seems to be the standard with Giwner :ThmbUp:

Sinner369
07-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I watched both of the eliminations myself and I have to concur with his description of each horse's performance.......... it was pretty well spot on!

But with an even field and going for the big money.........the horse with the trip and position usually wins it.

cmp92
07-10-2014, 01:24 AM
I'll be going with He's Watching. Horse seems like he really appreciated a little time off after the NA Cup and Somebeachsomewhere Stakes. Can't doubt Tetrick's ability to work out a trip with the big money on the line.

Sea Biscuit
07-10-2014, 02:51 AM

A good harness writer does not mean necessarily mean he is a good handicapper.

He was pretty pathetic on NA cup nite. He gave out 5 value plays for the night and none of them came close to winning. He could have had an off nite. Who knows. I'd rather do my own capping and pick my own winners and losers.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/giwner-top-5-value-plays-north-america-cup-night

It not my style to criticize fellow handicappers on a forum, but I consider public handicappers fair game.

Stillriledup
07-10-2014, 03:26 AM

He was pretty pathetic on NA cup nite. He gave out 5 value plays for the night and none of them came close to winning. He could have had an off nite. Who knows. I'd rather do my own capping and pick my own winners and losers.

It not my style to criticize fellow handicappers on a forum, but I consider public handicappers fair game.

You (him) gotta find a way to be better. Same thing with Zocalli, he doesn't come across as a true hard core type who really paid his dues learning this game, he seems like a journalist who got a job at a racetrack and because of that, just branded himself an expert.

Sinner369
07-10-2014, 12:25 PM
I'll be going with He's Watching. Horse seems like he really appreciated a little time off after the NA Cup and Somebeachsomewhere Stakes. Can't doubt Tetrick's ability to work out a trip with the big money on the line.

Can history repeat itself?...........I have to concur.......He's Watching looked pretty handy coming off the pace on a perfect Tim Tetrick drive.

My concern is whether he can get the horse to relax again coming off the pace in a faster paced final?

RaceTrackDaddy
07-10-2014, 01:55 PM

I have to agree with you, public handicappers are fair game, including those that do it for free like me. Just like a quarterback in football, we call the plays and when we fail to score, we take the blame but then again when we do score, we strut our feathers like peacock proclaiming our greatness. It goes with the game of online handicapping.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-10-2014, 01:59 PM
You (him) gotta find a way to be better. Same thing with Zocalli, he doesn't come across as a true hard core type who really paid his dues learning this game, he seems like a journalist who got a job at a racetrack and because of that, just branded himself an expert.
That is the problem with most tracks being run, those in charge are bean counters or those that never bet a dime in their lifetime. I bet one could do a lot better by taking the every day bettor on the ground floor, give him the job of creating a better racing experience for the patron. You would be surprised at what ideas are around and never see the light of day. One problem with the sport was addresses in Ontario that created the fair start rule. For those horses that could not be within a certain distance of the start would be excluded (scratched) from the race and monies wagered refunded. I feel that rule should be industry wide.

cmp92
07-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Can history repeat itself?...........I have to concur.......He's Watching looked pretty handy coming off the pace on a perfect Tim Tetrick drive.

My concern is whether he can get the horse to relax again coming off the pace in a faster paced final?
He looked good going in 1:48.1, I would imagine he has something left in the tank. I don't know if they'll go much faster in the final, but who knows.

mrroyboy
07-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I just said his description of the horses made a lot of sense.