PDA

View Full Version : Nagin: 10 years

DJofSD
07-09-2014, 01:45 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/09/ray-nagin-new-orleans-mayor-sentencing/12397415/

Prosecutors immediately objected to the sentence, which falls well below typical guidelines that called for 15-20 years.

"What Ray Nagin did was sell his office over and over and over again," Assistant U.S. Attorney Matthew Coman said outside the courthouse. "The damage that Ray Nagin inflicted upon this community ... is incalculable. We as a community need not and should not accept public corruption."

cj's dad
07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
You really expected him to be treated like an ordinary criminal? Really?

JustRalph
07-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Kwame is really pissed :lol:

Nagin is another criminal Democrat leader of a big city....or State...... it's almost become a daily occurrence.

Tom
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Who got custody of the school buses?

PhantomOnTour
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I wonder what state currently has the most incarcerated politicians.
I would bet that Louisiana is in the top 5...in the 80's and 90's we had three straight Insurance Commissioners go to jail.

I believe "Cold Cash" Jefferson is still in jail, errrr, camp.

davew
07-09-2014, 10:51 PM
I wonder what state currently has the most incarcerated politicians.
I would bet that Louisiana is in the top 5...in the 80's and 90's we had three straight Insurance Commissioners go to jail.

I believe "Cold Cash" Jefferson is still in jail, errrr, camp.

I wonder which party has the most incarcerated politicians?
There was a time when Illinois had more living ex-governor's in jail than not.

mostpost
07-09-2014, 11:29 PM
I wonder which party has the most incarcerated politicians?
There was a time when Illinois had more living ex-governor's in jail than not.In the spirit of bipartisan ship, one of those governor's (Ryan) was a Republican and one (Blagojovich) was a Democrat.

Otto Kerner and Dan Walker also served time in prison, but Walker's crime(s) were not committed while he was governor. He was a crooked businessman, not a crooked politician.

I'm fuzzy on the details but I think Kerner's indiscretions had something to do with racing dates for Arlington Park.

BlueShoe
07-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Speaking of Illinois, a name that comes to mind is Congressman Dan Rostenkowski, one of the most powerful and influential politicians to ever come out of that state. Rosty got 17 months for mail fraud, and once was busted for DUI.

boxcar
07-10-2014, 11:29 AM
In the spirit of bipartisan ship, one of those governor's (Ryan) was a Republican and one (Blagojovich) was a Democrat.

Otto Kerner and Dan Walker also served time in prison, but Walker's crime(s) were not committed while he was governor. He was a crooked businessman, not a crooked politician.

I'm fuzzy on the details but I think Kerner's indiscretions had something to do with racing dates for Arlington Park.

That is really neat that he was able draw that fine line in the sand to be able to know which side of the line he was to park his criminal activities. :rolleyes: I guess there are advantages to having multiple personalities. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

DJofSD
07-10-2014, 11:36 AM
No, the advantages are being a politician, first, then a criminal. That way the people can forgive them because the crook obviously was only doing what he thought would best server them. :rolleyes:

Or something like that where the ends justify the means. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

JustRalph
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Speaking of Illinois, a name that comes to mind is Congressman Dan Rostenkowski, one of the most powerful and influential politicians to ever come out of that state. Rosty got 17 months for mail fraud, and once was busted for DUI.

don't forget about the office furniture

Tom
07-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Tip O'Neil took hos large office desk with him when he left office.
Must be he fell short on graft and bride to buy own.
Some will remember him as a great leader.
I will remember him as a common thief.

Clocker
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM

In Illinois, the definition of an honest politician is one that stays bought.

DJofSD
07-10-2014, 01:24 PM
In Illinois, the definition of an honest politician is one that stays bought.
Illinois has honest politicians?

davew
07-10-2014, 03:56 PM
It is sad when a politician gets singled out as corrupt when there are so many that are not (prosecuted that is)

ArlJim78
07-10-2014, 05:07 PM
I wonder if Kanye West will be going on live public TV and claim that "Ray Nagin hates Black people"

reckless
07-12-2014, 09:01 AM
It is sad when a politician gets singled out as corrupt when there are so many that are not (prosecuted that is)

Such as Bill Clinton and Hillary Rodham Clinton, just to name two.