PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards

mountainman
07-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Binged it from first show. Can't wait for more. Never realized just how incredible Kevin Spacey is. Murderous, manipulative, utterly without scruples, and I STILL root for his character.

Dave Schwartz
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
And it just gets better and better.

thaskalos
07-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Binged it from first show. Can't wait for more. Never realized just how incredible Kevin Spacey is. Murderous, manipulative, utterly without scruples, and I STILL root for his character.

All the qualities that make our politicians so endearing...

Robert Goren
07-08-2014, 12:34 PM
It is based on an BBC mini series of 1990 of the same name. The English version has an equally Machiavellian lead character. It is also very good, if dated a bit.

Dave Schwartz
07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
All of these series are just The Sopranos under a different story line.

I mean, all of them, from Cards, to Big Love.

davew
10-31-2017, 07:11 AM
season 6 will be the last

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/apos-house-cards-apos-end-202918812.html

Fager Fan
10-31-2017, 07:24 AM
This deserves some discussion. So a report comes out that Spacey sexually assaulted an underage male years ago, and what is Spacey's reaction? He tried to lessen the impact with a little spin, by turning his response into outing himself as gay. I found the move disturbing, like he thought we won't dare criticize a gay man. Wrong.

tucker6
10-31-2017, 08:31 AM
This deserves some discussion. So a report comes out that Spacey sexually assaulted an underage male years ago, and what is Spacey's reaction? He tried to lessen the impact with a little spin, by turning his response into outing himself as gay. I found the move disturbing, like he thought we won't dare criticize a gay man. Wrong.

Agreed. It seemed that Spacey was giving a performance from House of Cards with his statement. I guess he really didn't need to act for the part. He is the same low life in real life.

"I don't remember that night so very long ago, but I was drunk if I did it! Further, if I did do it, I'm deeply sorry. Oh by the way, I'm gay!"" What a weasel statement. Please don't hold me accountable for my actions. I'm famous and gay.

BaffertsWig
10-31-2017, 09:09 AM
I felt for his costars and everyone else involved in the series, assuming the show had been cancelled because of the allegation. Turns out the decision was made several months ago to end after this upcoming season.

Nutz and Boltz
10-31-2017, 12:47 PM
Agreed. It seemed that Spacey was giving a performance from House of Cards with his statement. I guess he really didn't need to act for the part. He is the same low life in real life.

Fiction sometimes mirrors real life...

https://www.elitedaily.com/entertainment/frank-boy-toy-house-cards/1961324

boxcar
10-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Fiction sometimes mirrors real life...

https://www.elitedaily.com/entertainment/frank-boy-toy-house-cards/1961324

In the case of this show...much too much. I believe inside the Beltway is every bit as sleazy and slimy and corrupt as the show portrayed it to be. And we are witnessing how the Establishment Slime has been responding to Trump ever since he was elected. It appears that the depth of their depravity defies measurement.

woodtoo
10-31-2017, 01:35 PM
In the case of this show...much too much. I believe inside the Beltway is every bit as sleazy and slimy and corrupt as the show portrayed it to be. And we are witnessing how the Establishment Slime has been responding to Trump ever since he was elected. It appears that the depth of their depravity defies measurement.

As the swamp churns so do the days of our life.:ThmbUp:

boxcar
10-31-2017, 01:43 PM
As the swamp churns so do the days of our life.:ThmbUp:

But some of our lives "churn" like high quality ice cream. :D

Tom
10-31-2017, 05:04 PM
Equal opportunity groper?

FakeNameChanged
10-31-2017, 07:08 PM
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jeremy-piven-accused-of-sexual-assault-by-ariane-bellamar/

More to come, it's just getting started.

Elliott Sidewater
10-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Trump got away with groping, Spacey didn't. They could write him out of House of Cards and continue the series if they wanted to, there's plenty of story left even without him.

HoofedInTheChest
10-31-2017, 08:08 PM
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/924869139059134464

Fager Fan
11-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Trump got away with groping, Spacey didn't. They could write him out of House of Cards and continue the series if they wanted to, there's plenty of story left even without him.

This lie needs to stop. Trump didn't get away with groping. He made a theoretical claim. What he didn't get away with is a theoretical claim, because you and others beat it to death as if it really happened.

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2017, 11:13 AM
This lie needs to stop. Trump didn't get away with groping. He made a theoretical claim. What he didn't get away with is a theoretical claim, because you and others beat it to death as if it really happened.What about all the women who came forward to claim they were sexually assaulted by Trump? You can't summarily dismiss their claims.

If even one of them was true (and I have little doubt that at least one of them was true), and given the current climate, then YES, he did get away with it...

Show Me the Wire
11-01-2017, 04:30 PM
What about all the women who came forward to claim they were sexually assaulted by Trump? You can't summarily dismiss their claims.

If even one of them was true (and I have little doubt that at least one of them was true), and given the current climate, then YES, he did get away with it...

Yes, but Spacey allegedly molested a minor.

PaceAdvantage
11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
Yes, but Spacey allegedly molested a minor.That really has nothing to do with Trump, which is all my reply was concerned with.

Show Me the Wire
11-01-2017, 05:09 PM
That really has nothing to do with Trump, which is all my reply was concerned with.

However, Elliott Sidewater equated Spacey's alleged child molestation to Trump's alleged actions with adult women. There is a difference, Trump did not get away groping a minor.

davew
08-20-2018, 01:28 AM
Billionaire Boys Club not doing so hot - Spacey's last?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/kevin-spaceys-billionaire-boys-club-bombs-with-dollar287-in-first-two-days-at-box-office/ar-BBM83T2?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

davew
12-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Spacey tweeting creepy Christmas messages