PDA

View Full Version : Slew's Fast Horses for Tuesday 07/08

MeSlew
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Hello All! For Tuesday July 8, 2014 there is only one track on the list:

Parx - 3,6,7,8

"On a Tuesday" you say? "Parx?"

Well...I'm as surprised as you. But since I'm home, and one of my Key Horses is running, I took a look:

Effie Trinket - PRX ( 8) CD 11/16/13 # 9

Yes, Effie Trinket. NY Bred. Daughter of the really really good NY sire Freud. Running at Parx in the Gr. III Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap at 1 1/16 on the turf. What? I should have my head examined?

Very funny.

Effie was last seen 3/4 of a length behind Mah Jong Madness, the winner in the Mt. Vernon for NY breds at Belmont Park at the end of May. Her warm-up races for that one just happened to be a 3rd in the Gr.II Distaff on Derby day, a 3rd in the Gr. II Honey Fox (behind Centre Court and Kittens Point) and a tight 2nd in the Mrs. Revere at Churchill last November. Not bad company for a NY bred.

It appears that Richard A. Violet, Jr. has found a pretty good spot for her, with Assateague being the most accomplished open company stakes runner in the group, but still being second favorite on the ML to Effie. This girl is one tough hombre. And please excuse my improper use of the Spanish gender form. But Effie is one tough hombre. So I'm hoping I can figure a pick 3 or something because the 9-5 ML doesn't appeal to me. But this looks like a field that will be to her liking, as long as she doesn't mind the course.

I'll also note that Slew says both Appealing Cat and Alaura Michele come from fast races, albeit in May and Feb.

But I'm looking for our hungry lady to win and anchor a multi-race Tuesday afternoon at a venue I don't ever consider: PARX.

Enjoy the racing, good luck and good 'capping!