PDA

View Full Version : Parx Live Feed

Tara73
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I watched the live feed for the first time on the computer today from Parx. They are terrible. Camera angles of the horses in the paddock aren't good and while the horses are on the track, you get a constant view of the gate while the horses are no where near the gate. Then useless graphics full the total screen when the camera could be focused on the horses. After watching the NYRA feed for so long, I guess I'm spoiled and expected a lot more.

Exotic1
07-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I watched the live feed for the first time on the computer today from Parx. They are terrible. Camera angles of the horses in the paddock aren't good and while the horses are on the track, you get a constant view of the gate while the horses are no where near the gate. Then useless graphics full the total screen when the camera could be focused on the horses. After watching the NYRA feed for so long, I guess I'm spoiled and expected a lot more.

What about it's 10 minutes after the race is over and the cameraman is still mesmerized with the time of race and time of day portion of the tote. Instead of either a graphic or shot of the tote to see the results you get to watch the small light bulbs circa 1950 for 10 minutes. That place is really scary. If I wouldn't have been there I would say it's all a movie and they just randomly show old footage of races but no real racetrack. I'm still not sure.

wiffleball whizz
07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
What about it's 10 minutes after the race is over and the cameraman is still mesmerized with the time of race and time of day portion of the tote. Instead of either a graphic or shot of the tote to see the results you get to watch the small light bulbs circa 1950 for 10 minutes. That place is really scary. If I wouldn't have been there I would say it's all a movie and they just randomly show old footage of races but no real racetrack. I'm still not sure.

Been showing the time if day shot for years and years

Back in day with sun glare u could never see the official light...... Locked in the stone age

Stillriledup
07-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Parx is bad, if you don't see the horses come out in the post parade, its not likely you'll ever see them. PID is also bad, its hard to ever see a warmup if you don't catch your steed coming out, they rarely show horses.

Here's another place that i used to bet that has a problem with warmups.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102946&highlight=refuse+churchill

Stillriledup
07-08-2014, 03:58 AM
FYI, 200K turf race at Parx today (july 8) , Rosario and Castellano in town to ride.

ManU918
07-08-2014, 05:16 AM
FYI, 200K turf race at Parx today (july 8) , Rosario and Castellano in town to ride.

So is Saez.... who happens to be on the ML favorite.

Nosed
07-08-2014, 09:38 AM
What everybody's saying is true, but they overlooked one thing. It's Free! (feed that is)

Don't understand why more tracks don't offer a free feed, can't hurt business.

SandyW
07-08-2014, 10:14 AM
What everybody's saying is true, but they overlooked one thing. It's Free! (feed that is)

Don't understand why more tracks don't offer a free feed, can't hurt business.

The reasons are, slot machines first and above all, horse players last , as usual.

wisconsin
07-08-2014, 03:43 PM

See Monticello and Fairmount Park. Old school and just plain ignorant.

Stillriledup
07-08-2014, 03:53 PM
So is Saez.... who happens to be on the ML favorite.

Seems like he wasn't really there. :D

Grits
07-08-2014, 03:58 PM
That has got to be the worse looking TURF course on earth. Slot money sure ain't going there.... I'd be ashamed to call it grass.

Stillriledup
07-08-2014, 04:02 PM
That has got to be the worse looking TURF course on earth. Slot money sure ain't going there.... I'd be ashamed to call it grass.

No doubt, it looked horrible.

Exotic1
07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
See Monticello and Fairmount Park. Old school and just plain ignorant.

Too funny. I know what you mean about Fairmount.

Exotic1
07-08-2014, 04:04 PM

Back in day with sun glare u could never see the official light...... Locked in the stone age

I know and if there was an objection or inquiry ..... Funny but sad.

Exotic1
07-08-2014, 04:06 PM

Have to love Belmont. That grass looks so lush and healthy and they run on it plenty.

ldiatone
07-08-2014, 04:21 PM
they call it "dirf"

Grits
07-08-2014, 04:33 PM
They just had a three horse spill. I didn't see it. Wow, am I glad. I looked up in time to see one lone horse crossing the wire at the back of the field. Jocks and other horses are down according to "Sarge" at TVG. Not good, not good at all. :

thespaah
07-08-2014, 06:51 PM

It says "Time O' Day"...Classic....
That tote board has been through 4 ownerships and three name changes and the darned thing is like 40 years old.

thespaah
07-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Have to love Belmont. That grass looks so lush and healthy and they run on it plenty.
Yep..it's called WATER....
Obviously Parx management does not believe a living plant needs water to survive.

tanner12oz
07-08-2014, 07:22 PM
They just had a three horse spill. I didn't see it. Wow, am I glad. I looked up in time to see one lone horse crossing the wire at the back of the field. Jocks and other horses are down according to "Sarge" at TVG. Not good, not good at all. :

supposedly this was due to a fox on the track

tanner12oz
07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Yep..it's called WATER....
Obviously Parx management does not believe a living plant needs water to survive.

I've never understood how tracks could let their turf turn into something resembling a little league ball field

Nacumi
07-09-2014, 08:41 PM
There's a reason the locals call it "durf." :lol: