PDA

View Full Version : MLB futures

Valuist
07-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Just about at the halfway point. Threw a flier at Tampa Bay at 30-1 to win the AL. The AL East is wide open. Toronto has come back to the pack and with Encarnacion out for awhile, their lineup doesn't look nearly as strong. Baltimore can hit with anybody, but a lot of questions with their pitching. Forget about Boston and the Yankees.

Marshall Bennett
07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Appears injuries are dictating who goes this year. Several teams are decimated.

cj's dad
07-07-2014, 01:08 PM
The O's pitching is on the improve. Tilman is solid, Bud Norris is due back from the DL and he had pitched well prior to that, Gausman is here to stay - 95+fastball plus 2 other quality pitches, Chen is sharp- 8 and 3, Jiminez has been a disappointment but he has always pitched well after the AS break and the bullpen has a winning record.

With Machado at 3rd -Platinum- JJ Hardy at SS - Gold- Schoop at 2nd- good field, incredible arm, and Davis at 1st-Gold-, this is the best IF in the AL (leads MLB in DP's by 7 after yesterday) and as was stated this is a power hitting bunch.

Valuist
07-07-2014, 02:09 PM
The O's pitching is on the improve. Tilman is solid, Bud Norris is due back from the DL and he had pitched well prior to that, Gausman is here to stay - 95+fastball plus 2 other quality pitches, Chen is sharp- 8 and 3, Jiminez has been a disappointment but he has always pitched well after the AS break and the bullpen has a winning record.

With Machado at 3rd -Platinum- JJ Hardy at SS - Gold- Schoop at 2nd- good field, incredible arm, and Davis at 1st-Gold-, this is the best IF in the AL (leads MLB in DP's by 7 after yesterday) and as was stated this is a power hitting bunch.

There's no ace there, however. Jimenez probably has the most upside, but he has some starts where he's terrible. He's ok in evening games but dreadful in day games, going back several years.
I'm not sold on Tillman. His xFip numbers indicate he's been a bit fortunate; his ERA probably should be closer to 5 than 4.20. Chen is ok and Norris is fair but anytime a guy comes off the DL, it usually takes a few starts to get going.

I wouldn't be shocked if the O's won the East with their bats but I'm still not sold on their arms.