PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Park "Live": Sun., July 6

Teach
07-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Race One:

I like the :4: Matching Skies in the opener. Why, you ask? Well, in a race devoid of early speed, this Henny Hughes-bred 5 year-old mare has what little early speed there is. I think this distaffer will have her own way on the front end. My only question: Can she get the distance of ground? Jockey Cornelio Velasquez will have to carefully rate this mare and ration out her speed if she's going to have something left for picture-taking time. Trainer Mitchell Friedman is good (22%) on second starts off a claim. Yes, she was beaten by weaker in her last, but she hung tough before fading to third. A more careful, calculating ride could do the trick.

Others to consider are: :6: Bobby Jo; :5: Rosie My Way; :2: Precious Franca

Your comments are welcome.

Teach

Teach
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't know if she would have done better; yet I believe when the :4: broke through the gate before the start it compromised her chances.

Teach
07-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Race Two:

I'm going to take a shot with the :5: Lemon And Honey. The Lemon Drop Kid-bred filly has admittedly done nothing heretofore on the lawn. Yet in her last lawn try at Tampa back in March she was closing ground in the stretch. I take that as a sign that this filly might just be a factor here in this company. Worth a look.

Others: :6: Send The Limo; :3: Coriander; :2: Kate Is A Ten

Teach
07-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Race Three:

I like :6: Wonder Gal. They paid "big bucks" for this Tiznow-bred filly as a yearling. Can she pay dividends at first asking? Rice Taylor won the last. Do you believe in the psychological angle? Leah "The Preacher" Gyarmati (not to be confused with "Preacher" Rowe; if you remember him with "The Bums...). Anyway, I also like this distaffer's morning work-tab. Five panels breezing from the gate in sixty ticks. Not too shabby.

Others to consider: :2: Jessica's Ride; :3: Harlan's Honor; :5: Accelebrate

Teach
07-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Race Four:

I'm going with 6 The Mooche (as in "A Bronx Tale"; now "Sonny", show a little respect, don't be ripping up your tickets). Corey Lanerie in the irons is solid; Mike Dilger is a most capable trainer. This Any Given Saturday-bred was second in his last in this company at the distance. Any slight improvement... Dilger is very good with maiden claiming and second start off a layoff.

Others: :8: Wake Up And Go; :9: Rontos New York; :3: Perfect Dancing

Teach
07-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Race Five:

I'll give Corey Lanerie another chance with :3: Master Yank. Yes, there is a "suspicious" class drop. yet the A.P. Indy-bred gelding can prevail.

Others: :4: Giant Fox; :9: Baskets; :6: Thug Daddy.

Teach
07-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Race Six:

:6: One Penny Piece gets my nod here. Threw in a clunker in her last. Capable of making amends. Performed ably "Across The Pond". Manny Franco for Phil Serpe.

Others: :5: Edie; 2 Starship Pleasant; 8 Tizallheart

Teach
07-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Race Seven:

:5: Dynamical is my choice here. Won his last at Churchill in slightly better company. Trainer Danny Gargan is good with "shippers". Solid rider in Joel Rosario.

Others: :2: Love To Run; :4: Moe Man; :7: Springcourt

Teach
07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Race Eight:

I'm gonna take a crack at some longshot action. I'm looking for bling! bling!. I'm casting my lot with :7: Tiger Bourbon. Yes, he's a youngster going against some older, more seasoned horses, but, on his best, he can surprise and bring back mucho dinero. Zlotys, shekels, rupees, rubles...whatever you call "lettuce," this horse might just get it. Finished fifth in the Arlington Classic; yet he wasn't embarrassed. His connections have been overly ambitious; this might just be the right spot. Corey Lanerie for trainer Eddie Kenneally.

Others: :9: Middleburg; :5: Sinatra; :2: Deep Speed

Teach
07-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Race Nine:

In the finale, I'm again looking for value. I think I've found it: :9: My Friend Keith. In this turf maiden-special marathon, this Rock Hard Ten-bred colt just might surprise. A solid jockey in Cornelio Velasquez and a very capable trainer in George Weaver. Had one trip on the lawn and finished second. I think he'll be coming off the tailgate. With the right trip he could be coming fastest as they reach the top of the stretch.

Others: :11: Social Affair; :3: Are We Not Men; :5: Boss Man

PhantomOnTour
07-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Only my second play at Bel today (lost the first bet).

Like the :10: who needed her last, gets a pace to chase today, pedigree says 10f should be no problem. Among the best closers in this field...currently 12-1 and that is more than good enough for a bet.
Using with the top four betting choices: 3-5-8-11 top and bottom in exactas and a win bet

PhantomOnTour
07-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Only my second play at Bel today (lost the first bet).

Like the :10: who needed her last, gets a pace to chase today, pedigree says 10f should be no problem. Among the best closers in this field...currently 12-1 and that is more than good enough for a bet.
Using with the top four betting choices: 3-5-8-11 top and bottom in exactas and a win bet
0 for 2 now :bang:

Got a nice trip, but couldn't go with them in the lane...not good enough.