PDA

View Full Version : I know it's early in the season.....

sq764
04-26-2004, 09:18 AM
…but it’s gotta hurt to have the Red Sox come into your house and treat you like their bitches.. I would have loved to have been a fly in Steinbrenner’s office after Sunday’s loss to finish the sweep..

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2004, 12:07 PM
You'll get no arguments from me. Maybe this is finally the Red Sox year....

Who would have thought it would be the Yankee's offense that would let them down so badly this year? Everyone was saying if they had a weakness it was the pitching.

The pitching didn't lose yesterday's game, that's for sure.

sq764
04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I was just reading the NY Post.. man do they turn on you quickly..

'Red Sox turn tables on inept Yanks'

(Although reading the caption under Jeter, I never realized he was in an 0 for 25 slump...

cj
04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
It's April, and its the Red Sox. I'll believe it when I see it.

Suff
04-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Its unfair to the yankees to compare the two teams right now.

First off we have Pedro, Schilling, Lowe and Wakefield. Thats four 20 game winners, plus a handful of Cy Youngs. Nobody can touch us there. Then we have Manny. Nuf said. We're superior this year. I'll start the torture when it has meat. Right now its the honeymoon/spring training period. When Jun comes and we're up by 10 games I'll become merciless. Bank it.

sq764
04-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Well, the other thing is that right now the Sox are missing Nixon and Garciapara.. When they get back healthy...wow..

I also hear rumor of a Giambi for Tim Hudson trade..

That would be nice for the Yankees to get another top pitcher, but from the looks of it, they need offense bad..

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Hasn't losing taught these guys any sense of humbleness??? LOL

"We're superior this year", "I'll start the torture...", "Merciless", "Bank on it"

Jeez, I hope you know what you're getting into. I think you said similar things last year, about 2 or 3 months before the season ended.....

Remember folks, it's still only APRIL....we haven't even played 20 games yet. Enjoy this taste of victory...for your sake, I hope it isn't fleeting....

sq764
04-26-2004, 08:58 PM
The first stage (consequence) of being spoiled for so many years... total disgust.

It's amazing how 55,000 Yank fans want to hang Jeter, and his World Series Rings, by the balls..

Fantastic loyal fans you have there in NY..

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm not disgusted. Disappointed thus far, yes, but not disgusted. The season is quite young my friend. The Yankees will have every opportunity to make things right, if they want to.

You're kidding yourself if you think Boston fans wouldn't be booing the Sox if the Yankees swept them at home and beat them this many times so early in the season.

sq764
04-26-2004, 09:58 PM
All BS aside, I think the Yanks losing Pettite AND Clemens hurt them BAD..

Combine that with the fact that the Sox got a legit closer and that is what brews the confidence, IMO..

PaceAdvantage
04-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Hudson, Mulder, Zito.....SWEPT

Did you guys actually think the Yankees were gonna lay down and die for the rest of the year?

sq764
04-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Who said they were going to lay down and die?? Why should they?

Personally, I think they have a lot to do to win the division. Losing Pettite and Clemens killed them..

(And the A's are not a very strong team by any means, so I wouldn't put too much thought into this series)

JustRalph
04-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Who said they were going to lay down and die?? Why should they?

Personally, I think they have a lot to do to win the division. Losing Pettite and Clemens killed them..

(And the A's are not a very strong team by any means, so I wouldn't put too much thought into this series)

Clemens.....the man is an animal. He is pitching smarter than ever and can still throw the hard fast ball. He is only 3-4 years younger than me and I officially hate him...........

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Hmmmm.....6 in a row.....a thumping by the Red Sox seems to have jump started this team...maybe it's just what we needed to wake up!

Then again, the A's and the Royals aren't exactly the Red Sox, so maybe that's it.....

schweitz
05-02-2004, 10:39 PM
How bout them Texas Rangers! lol

sq764
05-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Yes, Yanks fans should be proud and excited over a sweep of one of the worst teams in baseball :-)

If they played the Royals and Devil Rays all year long, they would be fine.. And the A's are nothing to write home about either.

I will be interested to see what happens when they play a good team (oh wait, they did and got swept :-)

cj
05-03-2004, 09:20 AM
They play 162, doesn't matter which ones you win come October. Somehow, I doubt Texas will be a force as the season winds on.

I thought you were a Phillies fan?

sq764
05-03-2004, 09:44 AM
I am a Phillies fan first.. Boston is my 'other team'..

Plus dealing with the Yankee fans over the years, it's made me back the Sox even more.

I am in a tough spot for June 28th.. Going up to Fenway to see the Sox/Phillies game.. I guess I am hoping for a tie.

pjd888
05-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I am a Phillies fan first.. Boston is my 'other team'..

Plus dealing with the Yankee fans over the years, it's made me back the Sox even more.

I am in a tough spot for June 28th.. Going up to Fenway to see the Sox/Phillies game.. I guess I am hoping for a tie.

Real Phillies fans only have 1 team...unless you count the birds, 76ers, flyers1:D

sq764
05-03-2004, 10:45 AM
We have a basketball team here??

I grew up here (in Delaware) and idolized Mike Schmidt, so my heart will always be with the Phillies.

Believe it or not, I started to like the Sox when Mike Greenwell played for them. I always liked him..

schweitz
05-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Somehow, I doubt Texas will be a force as the season winds on.

I agree but I'm loving it now.

sq764
05-03-2004, 08:25 PM
I played with Mench in high school.. He sure has grown up and gotten huge over the past few years.. I am happy for him.

penguinfan
05-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Suff

First off we have Pedro, Schilling, Lowe and Wakefield. Thats four 20 game winners, plus a handful of Cy Youngs. Nobody can touch us there. Then we have Manny. Nuf said. We're superior this year. I'll start the torture when it has meat. Right now its the honeymoon/spring training period. When Jun comes and we're up by 10 games I'll become merciless. Bank it.

Boy oh boy is that gonna bite you in the ass:eek: That post defines the Red Sox Fan personna, they just don't ever get it. At the end of the season that post will be re-written to say.

WTF we had Pedro, Schilling, Lowe and Wakefield they should have each won 20 games. No-one should have been able to touch us. Manny missed too many games. I now know the Yankees are superior. Being a Red Sox fans is torture, the honeymoon from that early season sweep is over. Can't believe we lost by 10 games.

sq764
05-08-2004, 12:47 PM
You can only go on the current right now.

Currently, Yanks had a 7 (or 8) game win streak and are still 1.5 games behind the Sox. And the Yanks have beaten some mighty weak teams to get that close.

Sox fans don't have to speak this year, let the records speak for themselves.

penguinfan
05-09-2004, 06:13 AM
You can only go on the current right now.

Currently, Yanks had a 7 (or 8) game win streak and are still 1.5 games behind the Sox. And the Yanks have beaten some mighty weak teams to get that close.

Sox fans don't have to speak this year, let the records speak for themselves.

The record has spoken, YOU'RE CURSED

sq764
05-09-2004, 07:16 AM
I really think 'the curse' is the Yankme fan's assurance (in his mind) that they will overcome and win the AL East. The Yankees still need to have the team to do it, and I don't think they do this year.

They can't play the Royals all year long unfortunately..

sq764
05-09-2004, 07:18 AM
Well, I will have to say that it appears Soriano has found a home in Texas.. 6 for 6 last night.. wow..

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2004, 04:12 AM
Yes, Yanks fans should be proud and excited over a sweep of one of the worst teams in baseball :-)

If they played the Royals and Devil Rays all year long, they would be fine.. And the A's are nothing to write home about either.

I will be interested to see what happens when they play a good team (oh wait, they did and got swept :-)

Hmmmm....interesting.....very interesting.....

Best record in baseball....up 3.5 games on the Sox....Moose, despite being called overrated by more than one person in off-topic, has rocked and rolled his last 6+ starts....

And fear not Yankee haters, the old man Kevin Brown is not seriously injured, and will be back in no time, as will Mussina....

Now I guess I'll duck and cover because all the "best team money can buy" comments will be thrown my way....oh well, you can't win with some folks. Just like in the racing topics.....life is funny like that, isn't it?

Just thought I'd bump this thread to the top for a little nostalgia.

JustRalph
06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
It could be worse.........Joe Torre could be a Republican..........that would turn the four horseman into Yankee haters..........

sq764
06-13-2004, 09:35 AM
PA, the Sox are playing horribly right now and still that close to the top, no worries..

I think the Yanks know what the obstacle will be yet again this year in October. (Maybe Jeter will be about .265 by then)

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey, you guys started the bashing and boasting in this post, not me. I'm just reminding some of you that as of right now, ya'll are looking a little foolish.

Maybe things will change. Maybe they won't. You still have hope, and that must bring some comfort.

sq764
06-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Looking foolish at 12 games over .500? Um, ok..

Not sure if you have looked, but the Yanks are OLD.. Brown is hurt as predicted, Mussina is hurting..

107 year old Bernie is struggling to hit .260..

All I can say is good luck.

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 11:14 AM
When Jun comes and we're up by 10 games I'll become merciless. Bank it.

When I talked foolish, I meant as an example the quote from Suff that I have dutifully reproduced above.

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 11:15 AM
That would be nice for the Yankees to get another top pitcher, but from the looks of it, they need offense bad..

Or maybe this quote? Offense?? LOL

doophus
06-14-2004, 11:16 AM
PA.....

It's been a while since I followed pro baseball, but if Steinbrenner would recall Raschii, Reynolds, Lopat & Page (Joe, that is).............

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 11:21 AM

Or maybe this one? Yanks as a team are ranked 15th in the league in ERA, the Red Sox 10th....big deal....

3.97 vs 4.36

Last year the Yanks were 4.02 for the season. Killed? I wouldn't use that term, would you?

Suff
06-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Hmmmm....interesting.....very interesting.....

Best record in baseball....up 3.5 games on the Sox....
Just thought I'd bump this thread to the top for a little nostalgia.

Yes... Yanks have a lil 15 game roll they're on. the most wins in Baseball right now. The sox have the 2nd most wins in either league and we did it with out Nomar (back 3 games now) and Trot is coming back this wed. and williamson is back this week.

We're right on your tail even though we have played 65 ish games with out three allstars...

Stay tuned...

sq764
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
PA, not sure if you checked but Mr Clemens had 9 wins??

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I didn't say we're a better team without Clemens. I'm saying losing him and Pettite hasn't "killed" us...using your words.

sq764
06-14-2004, 03:53 PM
PA, you aren't referencing the title of the thread though.. We are only 50 or so games into the season.. And Yankme pitchers are already starting to break down.. That is not a good sign in June.

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 04:22 PM
And I haven't bashed any other team once, have I? Nope.

I'm responding to stimuli, like the amoeba that I am.

We're over a third of the way through the season....I think now is a much more appropriate time to be jumping to conclusions than April 26 was....

Suff
06-14-2004, 04:25 PM

Who .. wha? where? when? was any bashing be done on 4-26 huh??? Your wrong again??!!! if I may steal a line from your reportiore

sq764
06-14-2004, 04:33 PM
I think it's going to come down to October again with these 2 teams. That excites me..

What's funny is that I truely hate the Yankees, but I want them to make it to the playoffs to face Boston. If/when Boston makes it to the World Series, it just wouldn't be the same if they didn't go through NY to get there..

cj
06-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Where is that guy (sq?) who was bashing Mussina again in early May? 6 wins in a row I believe.

Next time we talk about an overpaid, overrated pitcher, please leave Mikey out of it. You may want to start with Kevin Millwood...now there's a bum! :D

sq764
06-14-2004, 04:34 PM
By the way.. My wife and I will be up for the June 26th game (Sox/phillies).. Let me know of the 'must visits' in and around Fenway..

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2004, 04:37 PM
OK, maybe bashing is too strong a word. I take that AND ONLY THAT back!

Besides, I understand it's tough to bash a team that you're stuck constantly looking UP to in the standings.

sq764
06-14-2004, 05:03 PM
CJ, I am not a fan of Millwood, but he's no bum.. If you look at stats, he and Mussina's are very close.. Just the run support is not there for Millwood, which is why he is 4-5 and Mussina is 7-4..

cj
06-15-2004, 03:12 AM
I was just kidding around, that's the :D. I'd love to see what that columnist writes about Mussina now though, what a jerk! He has pitched brilliantly, run support or not. Millwood has been shelled lately. He was very sharp early in the year and I'm sure he'll rebound, he's too good not to bounce back.

sq764
06-15-2004, 11:45 AM
I see there is another pitcher in the Boston area that hurled another gem the other day.. Some dude named Pedro is 7-3 as well..