PDA

View Full Version : Ake Svanstedt - Zing !!

The Inside Scoop
07-06-2014, 12:41 AM
What a breath of fresh air he is. No worries with him driving about following dead cover or hanging out favourites when hes live. His horses look impeccable on the track. I found it quite humerous watching him zing the field tonight up the backstretch and if I knew how to post a picture here I would love to have placed bubbles with comments of what the drivers were thinking when he sailed by them. I did see David Miller look over and he must have thought wtf, lol.

I will say there is not another driver that drove in that race that would ever have made that move in a million years. Kudos to Ake for getting off the rail and putting him to the middle of the track without hesitation and making one of the greatest brushes in recent history.

Like I said in another thread, I would love to see a lot more races over longer distances, with big fields. This was the best race I have watched all year.

cmp92
07-06-2014, 12:53 AM
What a breath of fresh air he is. No worries with him driving about following dead cover or hanging out favourites when hes live. His horses look impeccable on the track. I found it quite humerous watching him zing the field tonight up the backstretch and if I knew how to post a picture here I would love to have placed bubbles with comments of what the drivers were thinking when he sailed by them. I did see David Miller look over and he must have thought wtf, lol.

I will say there is not another driver that drove in that race that would ever have made that move in a million years. Kudos to Ake for getting off the rail and putting him to the middle of the track without hesitation and making one of the greatest brushes in recent history.

Like I said in another thread, I would love to see a lot more races over longer distances, with big fields. This was the best race I have watched all year.
So few drivers make that move because it's hard to win after going three wide down the backstretch. It is an aggressive move for sure and it obviously paid off. But, I wouldn't expect this to be something you see often.

Sea Biscuit
07-06-2014, 02:30 AM

With Ake in the race gone are the days with the usual courtesy to name drivers and letting their horses pass.

July 4 Race 2 The Meadowlands

Here is Ake on Stonebridge Force parking out parking out Yannick on 30 cent favorite Canepa Hanover. Canepa Hanover broke and Ake's horse finished 2nd.

Take a look at this pic

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/ake_zpse78fbdf3.png (http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/secretariat3/media/ake_zpse78fbdf3.png.html)

At this point Yannick probably saying to himself " How dare he do that to me"

pandy
07-06-2014, 08:00 AM
This guy is a master, both as a driver of trotters and a trainer of all.

titans1127
07-06-2014, 11:52 AM
With Ake in the race gone are the days with the usual courtesy to name drivers and letting their horses pass.

July 4 Race 2 The Meadowlands

Here is Ake on Stonebridge Force parking out parking out Yannick on 30 cent favorite Canepa Hanover. Canepa Hanover broke and Ake's horse finished 2nd.

Take a look at this pic

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/ake_zpse78fbdf3.png (http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/secretariat3/media/ake_zpse78fbdf3.png.html)

At this point Yannick probably saying to himself " How dare he do that to me"Yannick is an idiot for not taking back into the pocket and trying again in the stretch.

pandy
07-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Yannick is an idiot for not taking back into the pocket and trying again in the stretch.

I didn't see it that way. Yannick was driving a 2yo trotter that was 3-10, and keep in mind, was making HIS FIRST LIFETIME START. He didn't brush strong enough and once Ake saw that he wasn't clearing, he parked him, by the time a hole opened up Yannick's horse was going full tilt, and then he broke. Maybe he could have yanked him back hard to try and get the hole, but people tend to think that these horses are like driving a car, they're not. If he had yanked back on the reins while the horse was going at full tilt, he would have either broke or choked down, and broke.

Yannick is one of the best at driving trotters. I've seen him win many races with longshots on trotters the first time he drove them, and many of them were horses that have trouble staying on stride.

mrroyboy
07-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Svanstedlt is an aggressive driver. But they were saying the same things back a few years ago about people you might of heard of? Brian Sears, Tim Tetrick, Corey CALLAHAN and the list goes on and on>
good drivers do what is necessary and svanstedlt is proving to be a good driver.

imofe
07-06-2014, 02:56 PM
It is the training that impresses me the most. Many drivers would have won with this horse. If he just pulls normally he is second over after Lachance clears. Horse had plenty left in the lane. I believe this was Julie Miller's horse. Not exactly a low percentage trainer.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-07-2014, 03:46 PM
What you saw last Saturday night was nothing more than a normal race in Sweden. My friend Dave alerted me last summer when he was betting the dime pick 7's on Saturday and the nickle pick-8's on wednesdays on the sweden races offered on Twin Spires.

Dave heard about Ake moving his operation the USA last fall and we have been waiting for Ake and his stable to start racing. At first we thought he might show up at Pompano seeing how he bought a farm in Florida but we had to wait until the Cutler before we got to bet him.

Many of the races over there are fields of 15 horses and they go many different distances. Ake is the best over there and is becoming the best over here with the trotters.

Bet against him at your peril. I can't wait until he figures out how to get the best out of his pacers that his people bought.

Sea Biscuit
07-07-2014, 04:10 PM
About his training regimen Ake says and i quote:

"It is about strength," he said. "We train the horses to be strong. If you can make them strong they can carry their speed a long way. You don't need to train for speed if they are strong enough."

http://www.worldclasstrotting.com/SwedishStables/Nyheter/140606.htm

RaceTrackDaddy
07-10-2014, 02:07 PM
About his training regimen Ake says and i quote:

"It is about strength," he said. "We train the horses to be strong. If you can make them strong they can carry their speed a long way. You don't need to train for speed if they are strong enough."

http://www.worldclasstrotting.com/SwedishStables/Nyheter/140606.htm

Ake has two in the Meadow Gladys (2 yr filly trot, PASS).
Race 4 Wicklet Hanover (# 3) 9/2
Race 6 That's So Ironic (# 2) 9/2

He had one to start to start last week at Pokie (Centurian ATM) driven by Charlie Norris that got beat late by The Bank (Takter horse).

RaceTrackDaddy
07-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Ake has two in the Meadow Gladys (2 yr filly trot, PASS).
Race 4 Wicklet Hanover (# 3) 9/2
Race 6 That's So Ironic (# 2) 9/2

He had one to start to start last week at Pokie (Centurian ATM) driven by Charlie Norris that got beat late by The Bank (Takter horse).
I expect a drivers change tonight on these fillies at the Meadows as the "Green Giant" is listed to drive Sebastian K in the elims tonight at Mohawk for the Maple Leaf Trot in the third race.

If Charlie is not listed on any other horses in this race, I expect him to get the seat behind them.

Looking at the pp's I think he will pick up the fourth race horse but Charlie has one in the sixth. I am very interested in whom will be steering the sixth race entry.