PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer - who is who ?

PhantomOnTour
07-05-2014, 02:49 PM
NYRA and TwinSpires are showing Kid Cruz and Cpt Serious as an entry (why they are coupled, I don't know).
TVG is listing the #6 as being a scr, but according to the two above sources there isn't even a #6 in this race???

And to boot, my BRIS data file does have a #6, and it's Gaining Ground.

I am not betting this race, but I can't wait to see the post parade and sort this out :D :confused:

PhantomOnTour
07-05-2014, 02:51 PM
NYRA and TS are correct with their listings - there is an entry and no #6.

The :4: should wire this field

Stillriledup
07-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Amazing to me that out of ALL these odd show bets we see around the country, there was NOT a large show bet on this entry. You have 2 star horses, one a speed horse and one a closer, hard to imagine there was not a 1,000,000+ show bet on these guys.

What did i miss?

Tom
07-05-2014, 03:06 PM
One program I used had an entry, the other did not.
If this friggin' rocket science?

It's not like they are inundated with large fields to keep track of.
Someone's nephew hired to key in the data?

Cholly
07-05-2014, 03:19 PM
It's not clear from the named Owners why they are coupled, but Black Swan (John DeStefano) and Barry Schwartz have partnered before, so maybe Black Swan owns a % of Captain Serious?

Curious note: Vina del Mar claimed Kid Cruz in his second start from....Black Swan! But in the next start after the claim, Black Swan was named as co-owner. Unless that claim was pre-arranged, there must have been some instant seller's remorse.

Stillriledup
07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Ortiz brothers (cousins?) should be coupled.

PhantomOnTour
07-05-2014, 03:36 PM
It's not clear from the named Owners why they are coupled, but Black Swan (John DeStefano) and Barry Schwartz have partnered before, so maybe Black Swan owns a % of Captain Serious?

Curious note: Vina del Mar claimed Kid Cruz in his second start from....Black Swan! But in the next start after the claim, Black Swan was named as co-owner. Unless that claim was pre-arranged, there must have been some instant seller's remorse.
Thanks for clearing that up...I didn't even notice the Black Swan claim