PDA

View Full Version : Lottakash"s: Old Angle made New

LottaKash
07-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I have begun a resurrection of sorts for an old tried and true angle...But, I have both tightened up and loosened certain rules at this point.....

This is a testament to the current state of this angle....I wanted to go on public record in lieu of betting them with confidence and gusto until I have all of the new caveats, decidedly, in place...

On a confidence factor rating of 1- 10...I would give most of these, tonite, a 7+....I would rate most of them higher if it weren't for the numerous disadvantaged post positions... 7+ is a number good enough for a win, or at a minimum, a resulting, serious act of contention, but I like a higher confidence number all the same...
I will make modest wagers on most or all of these....Only modest..(as in $2-wps...

Most of these picks are the direct result of the "first pass" for this Angle,in my filtering process, at 10 different tracks,...So, they are always subject to further scrutiny....(you know, overlooking or over/under rating something, due to a loss of focus or sloppiness)...I wanted to keep this angle as simple as possible, and easy too....So, in order to look at as many tracks as possible, I have settled on being right the first time...

All of these horses have something in common....If you think you know, PM me and say what you think....If you are right, then I will share more of it with you....If not, you have work to do...:jump:

FRI 07 04....... RACES OF INTEREST for FRI...

----------------

HOP... 4R... #2... MADDYSONOFAGUN... SHPG2, VHI, ADR, LTW..
HOP... 8R... #2....MYKINDACHIP (oon)...CLW, 3H... & ... #10.... SOME KINDA BEACH...3H,SHPG2, B, PPC, ........XBX
========================================
PCD... 12R.. SPECTATOR K... VHI, SHPG, L3H, XMV?....(oon)===================================== ==============
MHK...R6... #7....SECTIONLINE AQUA...SHPG, L3H, VHI, F..
================================================== ==
YR....1R..#7... SOURCE OF POWER....PNH, SHPG, CHG/HT,
YR...6R...#7... WISHING STONE....=G= SHPG, ABC, SHIP...
YR...R7 #7... SUMMERTIME LEAH...OM,EZR...3H/VHI..
=======================================
VD...4R ...#6 ...FRESH SQUEEZED VVHI..SR..3H...(oon)M4,
==========================================
tioga...4R...#7 SHUTTTHEFRONTDOOR....L3H(CL4)BF SHPG2..
tioga...6R...#2..MY SWEET MANDY...VHI, 3H2, SHPG..F..
==============================================

Sea Biscuit
07-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Good luck John.

For a moment I thought you're going to share the angle with us.:jump:

LottaKash
07-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Good luck John.

For a moment I thought you're going to share the angle with us.:jump:

Thx Biscuit....

About sharing the Angle, did you read my offer ?... Take a shot, I just wanted to have some fun with this....

It still stands, if you can guess the gist of the Angle (via PM), I will share the rest of it with you.....

mrroyboy
07-04-2014, 03:08 PM
In any event John it's good to see you posting seriously again. Believe me some of us really need some refresher classes. You can see my latest picks as proof.

Longshot6977
07-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Are you still doing anything with the PIPS we heard lots about in another thread you started last year? That looked very interesting.

LottaKash
07-05-2014, 02:38 AM
On a confidence factor rating of 1- 10...I would give most of these, tonite, a 7+....I would rate most of them higher if it weren't for the numerous disadvantaged post positions... 7+ is a number good enough for a win, or at a minimum, a resulting, serious act of contention, but I like a higher confidence number all the same...

FRI 07 04....... RACES OF INTEREST for FRI...

----------------

HOP... 4R... #2... MADDYSONOFAGUN... SHPG2, VHI, ADR, LTW..
HOP... 8R... #2....MYKINDACHIP (oon)...CLW, 3H... & ... #10.... SOME KINDA BEACH...3H,SHPG2, B, PPC, ........XBX
========================================
PCD... 12R.. SPECTATOR K... VHI, SHPG, L3H, XMV?....(oon)===================================== ==============
MHK...R6... #7....SECTIONLINE AQUA...SHPG, L3H, VHI, F..
================================================== ==
YR....1R..#7... SOURCE OF POWER....PNH, SHPG, CHG/HT,
YR...6R...#7... WISHING STONE....=G= SHPG, ABC, SHIP...
YR...R7 #7... SUMMERTIME LEAH...OM,EZR...3H/VHI..
=======================================
VD...4R ...#6 ...FRESH SQUEEZED VVHI..SR..3H...(oon)M4,
==========================================
tioga...4R...#7 SHUTTTHEFRONTDOOR....L3H(CL4)BF SHPG2..
tioga...6R...#2..MY SWEET MANDY...VHI, 3H2, SHPG..F..
==============================================

HOP... R4... ......3rd ..... ..... $2.30
HOP... R8... #2..1st- & #10..3rd-.....just missed this cold xbx...by a neck.
PCD... r12.. #2.. 1st- 3.40 2.40 2.10
MHK... R6... #7.. 2d- ...... 3.80 2.70
YR .... R1... #7.. out (qua for Angle but not for caveats)(no-try)
YR .... R6... #7.. out (broke leaving at start)
YR .... R7... #7.. 2d- ..... 7.40 3.00
VD .... R4... #6.. 1st- 4.80 310 3.00
Tioga. R4... #7.. 3rd- ..... ..... 3.00
Tioga. R6... #2.. 3rd- ..... ..... 4.40

All in all, not too bad a showing for a 7+ rated nite....And, because of the bad posts, in retrospect, I would've rated this card as a weak 7 or high 6 only...Still only 2 horses finished out of the money from the 10 plays...
So far

The reason I posted this, as the nite before this one, resulted in an even better outcome....All of the 7 possibles were in the money......With 3 winners, 2 places and 2 thirds...It was the inspiration for tonite's initial posting....

Heck, the nite before that there were only 2 possibles from the few tracks that I looked at, but one was a winner at $23.20 and the other a win for $6.20...

So in essence, the revival of this Angle has renewed my interest in it, and I am very encouraged by the outcomes so far....Seems to find a lot of chalk, but middle numbers come in too...But the bottom line is: that just about every horse that qualifies for this Angle, gets out there and races, no matter which part of the race either, and they can wire the field or go right on bye late....Looking good as solid "underneath" horse in gimmicks, as well..

Ray2000
07-05-2014, 08:05 AM
1 part Early & Lingering,
3 parts Star DO,
2 parts PIPS

Mix well, Bake at 300, and send in the CASH :D

Hope you take this the right way, Johnny...
I too mix up my methods (wed robots) trying to squeak out a little better performance in a dying game.

Good Luck, hope to see more of it.

Sinner369
07-05-2014, 02:33 PM
3 parts Star DO,
2 parts PIPS

I too mix up my methods (wed robots) trying to squeak out a little better performance in a dying game.

Ray...............What is "3 parts Star DO" ..................???

Ray2000
07-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Ray...............What is "3 parts Star DO" ..................???

An interesting LK "Production"

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61005

and I always thought his "EAL" spot play method deserved more attention...

mrroyboy
07-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Guys for those of you that are somewhat new John(Lottakash) has one of the sharpest minds in harness racing. Everything he writes should be taken seriously.

LottaKash
07-05-2014, 05:06 PM
3 parts Star DO,
2 parts PIPS

HaHa Ray, I got you....

And no, I don't take it the wrong way.... Ever from you...

Hey is this game still fun or what ?....

This one tho, in comparison to most of what I use, is very special to me now... That is why I am showboating it now...

We are still searching for the "Automatic"....

LottaKash
07-05-2014, 05:24 PM
An interesting LK "Production"

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61005

and I always thought his "EAL" spot play method deserved more attention...

Where did you find that Ray....

Back then I was putting together the Star Do thing in order to find a systematic approach and a teachable way to find the contenders and hopefully the winners of any given race, and I would make it, via the book, a way to that end...

Well, since, I have scrapped and re-birthed that book, probably 5 or 6 times since....:D

What I have now are just my tried and true Angles, and I am loving this new Angle that was worn out and tired, but has found such a new life....

I believe, so far, that this Angle-alone could be the foundation of one of the eziest and simplest methods of play ever....I think once my research is more meaningful, I will try to make a new, viable, and rewarding way to play the "this thing of ours", The Trots.....It would sure free up some of my valuable "paper and pen way of going" and allow me to do other interesting things too...

As it is now, each year it is becoming more tedious than fun, as in the way it used to be with me.....The right of passage, hey ?

mrroyboy
07-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Sounds great John

LottaKash
07-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Nottoo much action with this Angle tonite....In fact 3 plays are exactas vs. win/place bets (unless of course the numbers are juicy enough)

But, that is how it is with this angle....You can go for very long stretches without a nibble, and then sometimes they come in bunches, as of lately....It is so easy to find them when you know what to look for tho...

Usually there are only a very few "well qualified" Angle horses each nite, and many nites, none...

These plays are from the "first pass" of handicapping, as I haven't had the time today before now, to take another look....

They should be good tho....The exactas are rated as 7 in confidence, and the win bets bout the same, 7...Tho I couldn't say that I would be sending it in tonite....

07 05.... SAT..... RACES OF INTEREST....

================================================== ============

MHK... R4..... #3 .. CHEYENNE MOISHE... PBC, SHPG, EXTW, SR, E3H2 (X KEY BX w/ #5.. RAVE ON.... .. & #9..MR BIG HEAD...RRR........................................ .................

MHK... R8..... #2.. LUCKY TERROR... SHPG, ATR, L3HA=,,

MHK... R11... #7 ...MACH OF BALLKEEL...CL4, SHPG2, L3H, .....& #2 UPFRONTHOOSIERBOY...ABC...... XBX..........

================================================== ============
PCD... R16... #1 ... HANDSOME HENRY K... SHPG, PBC, 3H, OM/VHI...

================================================== ========

YR... R1..... #1 P L FIGHTER....SHPG, CHG, E3H3..

================================================== ======
BMP... R6...#1 ... I'LL TELL YOU WHAT...SHPG2/EX... LTW RDR.. ....

XBX W/#8 CELEBRITY HERCULES...R/CLW.....R

================================================== ===========

no-angle - VD, HOP, M1...SCD, STGA..tioga..

Faceless Enemy
07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
here's to hoping you can show a profit with these angles.

LottaKash
07-05-2014, 08:01 PM
here's to hoping you can show a profit with these angles.

This thread is about Only One Angle.......In exactas, 1 of the horses always has this Angle....

I am only trying to showcase the power potential of a single idea....

Here's hopin'...

imofe
07-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I wish you would continue to post some of these plays. Found this to be quite interesting.

mrroyboy
07-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Everything John posts is interesting.

LottaKash
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Everything John posts is interesting.

Thx Roy, I hope that is true, at least in some small sense...:D

I took a few days off....I will post some further horses of interest, when I can...

I have more to say about that Angle....I am just collecting my thoughts is all...

Some of the things that I believed to be true (about this Angle), ain't....The truth, is the only thing that matters when exploring an Angle or Tangent of thought...I catch on quick tho...

mrroyboy
07-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Well John I think everything must be used with common sense. I don't think anything is really automatic.