PDA

View Full Version : Scum of the earth

takeout
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Was just reading on another board about the first race at Finger Lakes on 4/16/04 that was won by the firster He's Vivid and all of the slimeball books that are refusing to pay.

One of the main bettors of the race shows up on page 5 of the thread and it gets pretty interesting from there. He lists all of the books that did and did not pay up.

The ones that didn't ought to be shot.

http://therxforum.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=100090022&f=988094022&m=204106431

Tom
04-25-2004, 10:00 PM
So why would anyone deal with off-shore bookies?
Like not using a condom with a new hooker.
When THEY decide THEY will not pay out, what can YOU do about it?
Buyer beware.

andicap
04-25-2004, 11:01 PM
actually the list is on page 6 and some of the books did pay out. Pinnacle not involved, they don't take FL.

just what I need. Another interesting forum to waste my time with.

:D

BigJake
04-25-2004, 11:01 PM
f***ing hookers

WINMANWIN
04-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Very interesting what this person is going thru with many of these off shore books. Some paid and some wont. This guy
and the girl trainer, knew there steed was live, in a dreadfull maiden race on opening day in the 1st race. GOOD FOR THEM.
lets face it, If this person bet in the finger lakes pools that horse
would have been 1 to 5..I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, or maybe it does with these books. Imagine opening up new accts with like 20 offshore books, and betting the same horse to WIN, These books are somewhat interconnected with one another, jointly owned etc and word gets around, some of them came to there senses and paid this guy, and the others
were waiting for drug tests to be finalized from the track , Etc
EVEN THOUGH THE TRACK PAID OFF ON THE RACE, AND IT WAS OFFICIAL .They also wanted finger stewards to investigate the race....the thread I read was like 7 pages, so this was bascially the jest of it, If you dont want to read it.....;) Bottom line is, these BOOKS ARE CROOKS.:mad:

andicap
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
Very interesting what this person is going thru with many of These books are somewhat interconnected with one another, jointly owned etc and word gets around, some of them came to there senses and paid this guy, and the others
were waiting for drug tests to be finalized from the track , etc
They also wanted finger stewards to investigate the race....the thread I read was like 7 pages, so this was bascially the jest of it, If you dont want to read it............;) Bottom line is these BOOKS
ARE CROOKS.............:confused:

The books that weren't paying were just using the "investigation" as an excuse as there never was an inquiry as the FL management said. The books were blowing more smoke than Groucho Marx and George Burns combined.

I understand their concerns, but without proof, you gotta pay. Now maybe some of them will pay the price because word will get around and people may take their money out and give it those that did pay. At least we can hope that's what happens.

Buckeye
04-25-2004, 11:45 PM
E-HORSE-paying

WORLDWIDE TELESPORTS-paying

Pinnacle- Would be paying if they took FL :cool:

TRIPLE CROWN-NOT paying :mad:

Just be careful which book you're dealing with.

Tom, there is a world of difference between the good books and the bad. My belief is that Pinnacle and eHorse can both be trusted to pay when you win. They pay rebates and they allow accounts from NJ. I'm in the position of having to use somebody offshore, and it really doesn't surprise me that some of these junk books are refusing to pay. The guy(s) opened accounts everywhere they could and bet the maximum allowed right out of the gate. Everybody has questions about the appearance this would cause, but the reputable books ARE paying because that's what they are: reputable.

cj
04-26-2004, 04:07 AM
Rebates or not, this is the very reason I only used off shore a few times and stopped. I was always uneasy about it. I just don't trust them, and I have no recourse if the screw me over.

That, and I'll never believe they don't put money in the pools if someone is identified as a consistent winner.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-26-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Tom
So why would anyone deal with off-shore bookies?

Ummmmmmmm...............Maybe because it is nice to be able to bet $500 win and $100 gimmicks into pools of $3000 or less.

Stick with the solid reputable shops and you will get paid. I'm at about 98% paid and 2% stiffed of total winnings.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
That, and I'll never believe they don't put money in the pools if someone is identified as a consistent winner.

Right and wrong. When they start putting your bets in (there are ways to check), it is time to stop playing. They also take tracks where there is not a chance in hell that they could put your bets into the pools, even if they wanted to.

lefthandlow
04-26-2004, 07:51 AM
I like the move the owner,trainer or whoever made.The 1st race at a meet,claiming type can not be claimed as you have to run a horse at the meet to be elligible to claim.They put a 25k horse 1ster in for 4k and beat up on the off shore accounts and bookies whoever.They keep the horse and next time it runs its in an allowance race. I think its great!!They should be made to pay up.
They take our money when we lose." THEY ARE SCUMBALLS"
I wish I knew of the PLAY I would have opened an account myself.

sq764
04-26-2004, 12:04 PM
What kills me about this whole thing is some of the books are saying they were 'waiting to see what the investigation turns up'..

Ok... Even if the horse was drugged to the hilt, what does that have to do with the payouts? And if this was their policy, do they refund all the losing wagers on races where horses are found to have been drugged?

Would they have refunded all the losing tickets if they found out this horse was drugged?

Fastracehorse
04-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Surpreme,Vegas no longer books horses they simulcast races and there bets go directly into the host track pools,but those offshoe books that dont comingle proabably got hit hard,a few years ago the FBI call'd Finger Lakes the most corrupt track in america

======================

It's all good:D

fffastt

Figman
04-26-2004, 08:36 PM
It is very unfair to characterize Finger Lakes as corrupt because a sharp outfit won with a first time starter. Did anybody bother to look at the PPs from the 1st race on opening day? Ten horses, one of them a first time starter with three works this year over the track and a bullet 3F in :36-1 late last year before the track closed in November. The other nine steeds were beaten a total of 200 lengths collectively in their very latest races. All were candidates to ship to the next lower track like Mountaineer! All were maidens and this was the cheapest race offered at FL, a MdClm$4,000. It is not Finger Lakes fault that some stupid non-parimutuel bookmakers were dumb enough to take a non-parimutuel bet on this race.

herman jones
04-26-2004, 08:41 PM
i am proud to say that i talked to david at triple crown race book and he said he was honoring my wagers as of today. he mentioned that they were unsure about the race and were awaiting word. i thank david for his honesty about this situation and look forward to doing business with him now and in the future.

Fastracehorse
04-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I didn't say it, the FBI reportedly did:

<a few years ago the FBI call'd Finger Lakes the most corrupt track in america

========================

Obviously you might differ in opinion.

No harm intended.

fffastt

Tom
04-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Howdy, neighbor-I'm just down the road about 7 miles in Canandaigua. 30+ year FL vertern.
Just wanted to say hi and NICE HIT!!!!!
Maybe I'll see you at the track this year.
Welcome to the board.