PDA

View Full Version : Kris Bryant

ManU918
07-04-2014, 04:36 AM
Has anyone been following what this kid is doing in the minors this year? For those of you who don't know he was selected 2nd overall in the 2013 MLB Draft by the Cubs... Here are his combined numbers this year through 83 games (AA and AAA)...

BA - 353
OBP - 451
SLG - 713
HR - 28
RBI - 76
R - 74
SB - 9

The Cubs system is so loaded that within 4-7 years they will have a Championship... Maybe even sooner.

MutuelClerk
07-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Bryant is a beast. With the trade the Cubs just made they now surpass the Astros as the team of the future. They have one helluva foundation and money to eventually spend. When will we see a Astros vs Cubs World Series? 2018? Oh wait it's the Cubs, never mind. :)

ManU918
07-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Bryant is a beast. With the trade the Cubs just made they now surpass the Astros as the team of the future. They have one helluva foundation and money to eventually spend. When will we see a Astros vs Cubs World Series? 2018? Oh wait it's the Cubs, never mind. :)

Your not kidding... Bryant hit another HR last night... I love the deal the Cubs just made but do you think they will eventually move Addison Russell or try to get him to change his position? They already have Baez in the system who is a top rated prospect and is also a SS.

MutuelClerk
07-05-2014, 11:38 PM
I think they'll eventually he'll trade one of them. If Theo turned down Oscar Tavares he must have a very high opinion of Russell. Starlin Castro can't be a Cub for too much longer. Getting rid of his contract wont hurt either. I hope Bryant cuts down the strikeouts and is brought up in September. Excellent article on the trade at fangraphs.

Valuist
07-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I've been following him. As a Cubs fan, we are dying to get him up here, but Theo and Hoyer don't want to start the arbitration clock. They aren't going anywhere this year, so he probably will not be up before Labor Day.

The Cubs now have 6 of the top 75 prospects in MLB, and Russell is ranked number 3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bryant and Castro possibly change positions, with Castro going to 3B and Bryant the outfield.

ManU918
07-07-2014, 09:44 PM
I've been following him. As a Cubs fan, we are dying to get him up here, but Theo and Hoyer don't want to start the arbitration clock. They aren't going anywhere this year, so he probably will not be up before Labor Day.

The Cubs now have 6 of the top 75 prospects in MLB, and Russell is ranked number 3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bryant and Castro possibly change positions, with Castro going to 3B and Bryant the outfield.

I guess they are planning on using all of their available free agent dollars on pitching moving forward? Arrieta has been lights out but they are definitely going to need a legit 1 and 2... Maybe they bring back the shark or Hammel?

Valuist
07-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I guess they are planning on using all of their available free agent dollars on pitching moving forward? Arrieta has been lights out but they are definitely going to need a legit 1 and 2... Maybe they bring back the shark or Hammel?

Yes, they are planning on paying for the pitching. Arrieta looks like one of the pieces; they got him from the Orioles in the Feldman trade last year. Somebody on ESPN said maybe he'd be next to be traded, but that's ridiculous. He's pitching great, young, and has a small contract. The difference seems to be the movement in the strike zone with him.

They offered Samardija $85 million over either 6 or 7 years and he said no, so I doubt they would go higher. He's only thrown over 175 innings once (last year), and he was only so-so after the All-Star break. Hammel is a notorious first half pitcher who really tails off in the second half. They got a great first half out of him, but Oakland really rolling the dice giving up Russell and McKinney. They get Samardija for 1 1/2 seasons.