PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore

hcap
07-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I don' particularly care for Mark Halperin. However I agree with him on Gore running in 2016. :jump:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mark-halperin-talks-up-al-gore-2016

/Uuo590WzClU?

lamboguy
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
no doubt, he has a decent resume. but the republicans have guys this time that are quite electable. Romney could win the whole show this time and it looks like he is running again.

hcap
07-03-2014, 02:27 PM
It does?

Might be an interesting match up.

FantasticDan
07-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Romney could win the whole show this time and it looks like he is running again.Right, he's on record numerous times recently saying he has absolutely no interest in running again. That obviously means he is! :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-03-2014, 02:40 PM
AllGore?

Yes, I hope so. He has already been REJECTED by the people.
Just like that morn Kerry - he was rejected, and now he is proving how worthless he is in the middle east dealing.

Keep recycling those losers, hcap.......:lol::lol::lol:

Clocker
07-03-2014, 03:02 PM
AllGore?

Gore would be a very strong candidate for the Dem nomination. He could really fire up the base that is very disappointed with Obama on environmental issues, like not passing cap and trade, and eternally waffling on the pipeline.

Gore would be a weaker candidate in the general election than he was last time, and he was awful last time. I remember listening to the best speech Gore ever gave. It was his farewell speech, after he had finally lost. It was a truly well-done speech, and I remember thinking that if he had spoken like that during the campaign, he would have won. But the speech also sounded like he was happy to be out of it. If he ever really wanted to be president, I don't think he does any more.

JustRalph
07-03-2014, 03:46 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/03/realistically-can-any-losing-presidential-nominee-get-nominated-again-these-days/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/who-is-draft-mitt-2016

Same website as Gore article

http://a4.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/ypv5ephyfcddxxhtmlvl.jpg

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Where's bigmack when you need him... :lol: :lol: :lol:

sammy the sage
07-03-2014, 08:03 PM
AllGore?

Just like that morn Kerry - he was rejected, and now he is proving how worthless he is in the middle east dealing.

Keep recycling those losers, hcap.......:lol::lol::lol:

WRONG, Wrong, and just plain wrong...he WON THE popular vote...he lost by a hanging chad :lol: :D :faint: ;)

by the way...I didn't vote for him...nor would I this time as well...but THE record/facts should be correct....

davew
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Al Gore over Hiliary Clinton :ThmbUp:

fast4522
07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Not even half the man Bill Clinton was, thus undetectable.
Clinton was an ass.

dartman51
07-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Not even half the man Bill Clinton was, thus undetectable.
Clinton was an ass.

I guess that means Gore is half assed? :D

Actor
07-04-2014, 12:54 AM
AllGore?

Yes, I hope so. He has already been REJECTED by the Supreme Court.

Keep recycling those losers, hcap.......:lol::lol::lol:FTFY

Bush 50,456,002 votes

Gore 50,999,897 votes

Gore got over a half million more votes than Bush! :rolleyes:

Clocker
07-04-2014, 12:57 AM

Thanks for a mental image that just destroyed my appetite. :mad:

hcap
07-04-2014, 08:28 AM
I think what defeated Romney more than almost anything else was the lame 47% comment that is repeated ad nauseam on sites like this one.

Gores negatives have for the most part faded. (except on sites like this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

HUSKER55
07-04-2014, 08:30 AM
and in the small minds of democrats....

hcap
07-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Many democrats did not find any major negatives in the first place with President Gore :lol:

Tom
07-04-2014, 10:40 AM

I'll pay for THAT birth control! :eek:

Tom
07-04-2014, 10:42 AM
FTFY

Bush 50,456,002 votes

Gore 50,999,897 votes

Gore got over a half million more votes than Bush! :rolleyes:

do you really want a guy to be president who is too stupid to win the election and not serve? :lol:

Popular vote does NOT elect the president.

hcap
07-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I think what defeated Romney more than almost anything else was the lame 47% comment that is repeated ad nauseam on sites like this one.

Gores negatives have for the most part faded. (except on sites like this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: )Even worse, Mittens was not even an original :cool:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/140703_POL_BobBeauprez.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/colorado_republican_bob_beauprez_47_percent_gaffe_ conservatives_think_the.html

Colorado Republican gubernatorial nominee Bob Beauprez was, we’ve just learned, a real pioneer. He is under fire for “47 percent” remarks he gave in a 2010 speech to the Denver Rotary Club—years before Mitt Romney was taped saying essentially the same thing. In the video, which surfaced on Wednesday, Beauprez condemned Americans who don't pay federal income tax as lazy dependents and pawns in a scheme of big government control.

Tom
07-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Are you saying that never happens?

hcap
07-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Are you saying that never happens?What, lies about the 47%? It happens all the time in your anchors and makers LaLa land

Especially on Ayn Rands birthday and all the other numerous conservative bitching holidays and celebrations. You can usually tell when these occur by the many misspelled signs and loyal true blue citizens parading about with loaded assault weapons.

LottaKash
07-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Either way Amerika wins !... (nothing)...:ThmbDown:

Tom
07-06-2014, 11:13 AM
What, lies about the 47%? It happens all the time in your anchors and makers LaLa land

You really are incapable intelligent discussion, aren't you?
Why do I waste my time arguing with a programmed Obamabot?

tucker6
07-06-2014, 11:17 AM
You really are incapable of intelligent discussion, aren't you?
Why do I waste my time arguing with a programmed Obamabot?
Unless that comment came from peer-reviewed literature, you need to take it back.

Tom
07-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I will put in a locked box. :lol:

hcap
07-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Unless that comment came from peer-reviewed literature, you need to take it back.Tom's peers?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02894/potd-orangutans_2894541k.jpg

hcap
07-06-2014, 11:56 AM
You mean like this locked box?

http://invitro.org.il/sites/default/files/covance_small.jpg

tucker6
07-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Tom's peers?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02894/potd-orangutans_2894541k.jpg
At least they don't have a stupid peace sign painted on their faces.

hcap
07-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Or are named after a car.
6 cylinders is it ?

Btw, Peace signs are not needed.
Orangutangs don't like to nuke each other much , unless they have
formed into the simian versions of Neocons. Hey it happens.

Monkey see, monkey do :rolleyes:

tucker6
07-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Or are named after a car.
6 cylinders is it ?

not even close :lol: :lol:

Tom
07-06-2014, 05:27 PM
hcap always has so little to offer a discussion.

hcap
07-06-2014, 06:06 PM
not even close :lol: :lol:
Tucker Underwear & Panties? :lol:

davew
08-14-2015, 11:13 AM
getting ready to run, and already has a nobel peace prize

Hoofless_Wonder
08-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Great. Another Limousine Liberal who, on paper, differs little from Hitlery in political viewpoints. At least he is a bit more personable, I'll give him that.

He smells blood in the water. Hillary is in real trouble.

Clocker
08-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Hillary is in real trouble.

Everyone in the party is starting to worry about that.

Biden appears to be seriously thinking about it too. With no stand out alternative to Hillary yet, there is apparently some discussion on the left of running Biden as a one term candidate to let the Dems prep someone for 2020.

“The email scandal has to play into the calculus here,” said Geoffrey Skelley, a political analyst with the University of Virginia Center for Politics. “The fact that Biden is even considering this reflects that there are people in the Democratic Party establishment that are concerned that Clinton isn’t going to be able to hold up.”

A report in The Wall Street Journal on Thursday said Biden has been meeting with allies during his vacation in the early primary state of South Carolina in serious consideration of a bid. The report adds that Biden will likely announce a decision in September.

South Carolina Rep. James Smith (D), a longtime Biden supporter who endorsed his presidential campaign in 2008, told The Hill that a group of Palmetto State supporters are coalescing behind a potential bid.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/251098-crunch-time-for-joe-biden

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/us/politics/joe-biden-on-beach-vacation-wades-further-into-16-bid.html

classhandicapper
08-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Hillary's career is riddled with more scandals than any politician I can think of. None of them has been able to permanently damage her because she has the mainstream media and democratic party in her hip pocket. If they find anything serious (and I doubt they will because if there was anything it has long been deleted) the press will cover it up, ignore it, or play it down if it makes it out via Fox and talk radio. They'll just turn it into another grand right wing conspiracy and the lemmings will go along with them.

Clocker
08-14-2015, 03:40 PM
she has the mainstream media and democratic party in her hip pocket.

That was true in 2008 too, until Obama came along. If she had a strong opponent on the left right now she would be dead. But even without one, her support from the media and the Dems is eroding. She is getting negative press from mainstream lefties like Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell. And some big money people in the party are trying to get Biden and Gore to make a run. Who is next, John Kerry? Jerry Brown?

Despite her campaign blaming the GOP for all of her current problems, at the very least the administration is doing nothing to help, and could be pushing things behind the scenes. It is Obama administration people (DOJ, FBI, Inspectors General, etc.) that are taking the lead in the email investigation. Rumors suggest that Valery Jarrett is an inside force pushing the investigation.

TJDave
08-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Everyone in the party is starting to worry about that.

The party has a perfect replacement in Elizabeth Warren who, I believe, would satisfy 100% of Clinton and Sanders' constituency. Problem is in raising campaign funds. The financial industry hates her.

Clocker
08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
The party has a perfect replacement in Elizabeth Warren who, I believe, would satisfy 100% of Clinton and Sanders' constituency. Problem is in raising campaign funds. The financial industry hates her.

Agree. She can keep the base voters happy, but she would be a really bitter pill to swallow for the big donors and the superpacs .

_______
08-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Silly season just won't seem to end. He isn't running people.