PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: July 3

Teach
07-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Race One:

The winner "looks" like it's coming from one of four horses. I'm leaning toward :6: Pearls for Girls. The filly should be able to handle any wetness on the track. She's won two-straight. The other three I believe that are factors are: :5: , :2: , :3: .

Race Two:

I'm giving my lukewarm nod to :8: Good Luck Gus. The horse's sire has a 36% win record with his first-time starters. With not too much to go on, this is a significant fact. Also, on wet tracks I tend to lean toward horses running in sprints who have outside starting posts. The colt's morning work-tab is mediocre but that doesn't mean he can't get all the enchiladas. Others I believe who are in the mix: :6: , :1a: , :3:

Race Three:

This looks like a two-horse race. I'm gonna try to upset the chalk in this NY York state-bred and take a shot with the :3: Willet. This A.P. Indy-bred is three-for-three on a wet track. If anyone can beat the logical fave, it's this mare. Speaking of logical faves, it's going to be hard to bet against :1: La Verdad. This filly's been destroying the competition. Maybe :5: Risky Rachel can complete an exotic.

Race Four:

:3: Cavorting has solid wet-track breeding. Certainly has a shot at winning at first asking. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Kiaran McLaughlin. Also: :4: :7: :2:

Race Five:

:4: Retire Fifty Five drops in class and cuts back; that might be a prescription for a trip to the winner's circle for this Rick Violette, Jr. trainee.
Also: :2: , :3: , :15:

Race Six:

:7: Real Estate Rich has hit the board in eight of 11 lifetime starts. Returns to a sprint which is more this gelding's liking. John Velazquez for David Jacobson. Also: :3: :6: :4:

Race Seven:

:2: Distorted Dream might just make the lead and not look back in the wide-open affair. Also: :5: :8: :7:

Race Eight:

:2: Chocolat City just missed in her last; second start off a layoff. Shortens up. Also: :6: , :7: , :4:

Race Nine:

:7: Miz Owell loooks like the horse to beat. Drops in class. Solid on turf. Also: :4: :2: :8:

Race Ten:

In the finale, I like :12: Illapa with Joe Bravo. Call it a hunch; I believe this filly is ready to pop. Also: :4: :7: 5:

Also: :2: :4: :6: