PDA

View Full Version : Read this thread...

ManU918
07-02-2014, 10:28 PM
So across the street at the poker forum there is possibly the most epic of epic threads... I'll give an outline but if any of you have the time take the time to read each and every post, it's well worth it. Long story short a 2+2 member lands in Vegas to only have someone come up to him begging for a few hundred dollars... Broke guy tells him a story about getting jammed up after a job interview etc... The guy begging for money hands this random guy his card... Here they are both 2+2 members and this 2+2er who I have played with on many occasions has been running game in airports for years. So the best part is the guy comes clean on 2+2.. He eventually gets banned but he tells his life story as a gambling addict... All I'm saying if you have the time... Read it.... One of my favorite posts is when a guy at the Taj goes to take a piss on a tournament break... Runs into this guy who begs him for $100 to get home... After a few mins he gives him a $100... Goes back to his tournament table after the break... Only to have this guy sit beside him as a late registrant in the $100 daily tournament that was running.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/michael-borovetz-i-believe-he-tried-scam-me-mccarran-airport-6-22-14-a-1454252/

Bettowin
07-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Have you read Matt Moore's thread? Good read.

proximity
07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
multiple references in the thread to mr "boor"ovetz mistreating both dealers and his fellow players. clowns like this deserve no sympathy or compassion and definitely no charity.

wiffleball whizz
07-03-2014, 04:44 PM
So across the street at the poker forum there is possibly the most epic of epic threads... I'll give an outline but if any of you have the time take the time to read each and every post, it's well worth it. Long story short a 2+2 member lands in Vegas to only have someone come up to him begging for a few hundred dollars... Broke guy tells him a story about getting jammed up after a job interview etc... The guy begging for money hands this random guy his card... Here they are both 2+2 members and this 2+2er who I have played with on many occasions has been running game in airports for years. So the best part is the guy comes clean on 2+2.. He eventually gets banned but he tells his life story as a gambling addict... All I'm saying if you have the time... Read it.... One of my favorite posts is when a guy at the Taj goes to take a piss on a tournament break... Runs into this guy who begs him for $100 to get home... After a few mins he gives him a $100... Goes back to his tournament table after the break... Only to have this guy sit beside him as a late registrant in the $100 daily tournament that was running.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/michael-borovetz-i-believe-he-tried-scam-me-mccarran-airport-6-22-14-a-1454252/

As good a thread as you'll ever read.....the human bustout

For years guy made living panhandling in the Las Vegas airport....

And fired it all in playing $25 pai gow

You guys will thank manu for posting this....get popcorn for when your reading it

proximity
07-03-2014, 05:17 PM
except like most 2+2 threads it could do without 90% of the posts.....:rolleyes:

ManU918
07-03-2014, 09:24 PM
As good a thread as you'll ever read.....the human bustout

For years guy made living panhandling in the Las Vegas airport....

And fired it all in playing $25 pai gow

You guys will thank manu for posting this....get popcorn for when your reading it

How about he wins $150k playing pai gow from starting with $1k.. Goes back the next day and loses it all in 15 minutes. Host asks him what he can do...asks for a ride back to his hotel where he gets kicked out because he's dead broke.

ManU918
07-03-2014, 09:27 PM
multiple references in the thread to mr "boor"ovetz mistreating both dealers and his fellow players. clowns like this deserve no sympathy or compassion and definitely no charity.

I've played with this guy in several Parx Big Stax tournaments and to say he is a piece of shit would be an understatement. Thing is if he would of stayed away from the pit and stuck to poker he could have made solid money.... Check out his hendon mob....

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=30317

ManU918
07-03-2014, 09:30 PM
except like most 2+2 threads it could do without 90% of the posts.....:rolleyes:

I have to disagree some of the comments in that thread are priceless. He's getting everything he deserves. You have to remember this guy was a reg at 2+2 and posted a good amount. He also made comments towards other scammers in other threads. What goes around comes around.

ManU918
07-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Have you read Matt Moore's thread? Good read.

I've followed that thread from jump street. When he made the final table of a bracelet event last year I was glued to the WSOP live stream. You're right it's a very good read. Very entertaining.

proximity
07-04-2014, 04:15 AM
I have to disagree some of the comments in that thread are priceless. He's getting everything he deserves. You have to remember this guy was a reg at 2+2 and posted a good amount. He also made comments towards other scammers in other threads. What goes around comes around.

I agree that there are a lot of great comments and that taj story you mentioned is an instant classic. the thread could have done without most of the life coaching though, especially since psumike's probably been gambling almost as long as some of those kids have been alive.

ManU918
07-04-2014, 04:30 AM
I agree that there are a lot of great comments and that taj story you mentioned is an instant classic. the thread could have done without most of the life coaching though, especially since psumike's probably been gambling almost as long as some of those kids have been alive.

Yea I agree in regards to the life coaching. Although there are definitely some people who are in that thread that have gone through similar situations so it was interesting to hear their take on everything.

Some of the photoshops literally had me laughing out loud.

That thread actually made it onto Deadspin... Amazing.

proximity
07-04-2014, 04:38 AM
after the beating I took tonight at penn national, I almost drove to the airport with some business cards and a hotel receipt myself..... brutal night!! :blush:

ManU918
07-04-2014, 04:49 AM
after the beating I took tonight at penn national, I almost drove to the airport with some business cards and a hotel receipt myself..... brutal night!! :blush:

LOL....Happens to everyone that plays poker... Nowadays I just look at it as one long session. I don't get to high or to low regardless of the outcome. It will drive you crazy if you think about it to much.

DeltaLover
07-04-2014, 06:22 AM
Not a surprising story at all.

This is a common behavior among poker players, especially those who bit the bate of making an easy life our of the oval tables.. After loosing everything they have and can possible borrow, they eventually find themselves in a position where without any real skills, they need to continue feeding their addiction trying any kind of a scum they can imagine.

ManU918
07-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Not a surprising story at all.

This is a common behavior among poker players, especially those who bit the bate of making an easy life our of the oval tables.. After loosing everything they have and can possible borrow, they eventually find themselves in a position where without any real skills, they need to continue feeding their addiction trying any kind of a scum they can imagine.

Yes but this story doesn't fall under that criteria. I think thats what makes this story that much better.... This guy has a degree in engineering from Penn State. Not many bust out wanna be professional poker players/gamblers have something like that to fallback on.