PDA

View Full Version : Stars and Stripes Day

classhandicapper
07-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Another great card at Belmont!

Large stakes fields, significant very high quality European presence on the turf, and generally good supporting races. I have to admit, NYRA is turning the ship and is on a roll!

I hope they get rewarded with solid attendance and handle because I love what they are doing.

ten2oneormore
07-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Agree...Really like Romansh in the Suburban but hopefully they don't get like 4 inches of rain over the next couple days.

VeryOldMan
07-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Amen - great card for 7/5. More please!

We're hitting the weekend of the Ruffian/Foolish Pleasure match race at Belmont.

I suspect some others on the board were watching that race too.

Exotic1
07-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Another great card at Belmont!

Large stakes fields, significant very high quality European presence on the turf, and generally good supporting races. I have to admit, NYRA is turning the ship and is on a roll!

I hope they get rewarded with solid attendance and handle because I love what they are doing.

IMO, the Racing Sec. is doing an excellent job. As a bettor, there are plenty of betting opportunities where you can key a 4-1 horse either in verticals or horizontals. I'm not a turf fan, but this Racing Sec is doing the best with what he has to work with carding turf sprints for some slow dirt horses. I know it's been that way for some time but there is something here that's clicking, even Wed-Fri. Some nice competitive fields where the fav is not absolute - even if he's 3-5 on the board. I can see the product being attractive to the racing fan and occasional bettor as well. Good job for sure. Hope that about* distance trial is a thing of the past.