PDA

View Full Version : Non DQ of V.E. Day Belmont Race 6 (July 2)

Stillriledup
07-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I had money on the 2nd place finisher, so i could have used the cash, but i think the judges made the right call here.

Even though the winner came in and interfered with the runner up, the inside horse (who finished 3rd) came out, so you can make the case that even if the winner didn't drift in, the runner up was never getting thru anyway because of the inside horse drifting. So, even though there was interference, it wasn't interference that cost the runner up an opportunity to get thru.

Good leave up.

Ocala Mike
07-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Agree; it was a no brainer. I had the :2: to win also, with just a small exacra saver :3: /2, but absolutely belive it was an "as is." The :4: was the culprit, and the :2: outfinishe the :4: anyway.

Linda Rice THE SECOND TIME is always a powerful angle for me. Didn't use the :8: in the same race. By the way, that race was one of the most contentious I have ever seen at NYRA (or anywhere else).

Stillriledup
07-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Agree; it was a no brainer. I had the :2: to win also, with just a small exacra saver :3: /2, but absolutely belive it was an "as is." The :4: was the culprit, and the :2: outfinishe the :4: anyway.

Linda Rice THE SECOND TIME is always a powerful angle for me. Didn't use the :8: in the same race. By the way, that race was one of the most contentious I have ever seen at NYRA (or anywhere else).

I love races like that, you gotta love when the public has no clue because if they have no clue, that opens it up for a situation where no matter which way you lean, you get paid.

I was on 2s and 8s there, but mainly the 2.

Thebigguy
07-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Everyone loves the second longest shot in the field after the race..?? Go figure...

Cholly
07-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Everyone loves the second longest shot in the field after the race..?? Go figure...
Don't know about "everyone" but there was somebody out there who liked him a lot...Make A Decision was 12-1 morning line, 12-1 in the doubles will-pays, opened at 11-1 and hovered between 11 & 13 until 5 mtp. In one tick his odds dropped from 11 to 7, which makes me think one bettor did it. The pools looked like maybe someone dropped $2,000 on him to win & place.

His final win odds were 8-1 but he was much lower in the place pool, which explains the light ($6.40) pay-off there.

Stillriledup
07-03-2014, 01:46 AM

Blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. ;)

Dark Horse
07-03-2014, 02:18 AM
You're probably right, but not making it unanimous. The 3 seemed more of a culprit to me than the 4. The squeeze forced the 2 into the 4, who then swerved sharply to the rail and was out of it. I think the stewards assumed too easily that the 4 had run out of gas, and that the 2 wouldn't have caught the 3 without coming to a standstill, and would have preferred a DQ with the result 2-4-3.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-03-2014, 04:16 AM
SRU, since you are a proponent of "pay the winners", surely you would have been incensed if the stewards DQ'ed the winner and put your horse up? :D

Stillriledup
07-03-2014, 05:09 AM
SRU, since you are a proponent of "pay the winners", surely you would have been incensed if the stewards DQ'ed the winner and put your horse up? :D

If i was in the booth, i leave this horse up. Also, i would let bettors know that we will always err on the side of leaving up the winners, so you won't ever get "ticky tacked" and have people play god with your money. We only take down the most obvious cases, you would rarely see a DQ at my place, i respect the work it takes to pick winners and if you pick a winner, you gotta get paid in almost all cases.