PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: July 2

Teach
07-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Race One:

I'm gonna have to watch the post parade and the tote in this wide-open maiden-special. I find it hard to recommend anyone here with even the slightest degree of conviction; yet I'll lean toward :2: Zo Zo. Tony Dutrow is having a solid meet; Irad Ortiz, Jr. is most capable. Dutrow's good with sprints and maiden-specials. The Gulch-bred filly has shown a solid morning work-tab. Others: :3: , :5:, :7:

Race Two

In this optional claiming sprint I'm going with :6: John's Island. Prior to being bumped in his last he won two straight. Can repeat here. I like it that he draws the outside in this short field. Others: :3: , :2:

Race Three:

Another maiden-special. I'm leaning toward :5: Machination . Solid combination in Joel Rosario and trainer Kelly Breen. Breen is good with the maiden specials. Dam had three winners from four starters. Others: :4: , :6: , :7:

Race Four:

In this six panel state-bred allowance I'm going with :8: Sheriffa. Has hit the board in five of her six lifetime starts. Should benefit from outside post. Adds blinkers. Joel Rosario for Alan Goldberg. Others: :4: , :7: , :2:

Race Five:

:5: Wild Kay is my pick in this claiming sprint. The veteran mare has the edge on this field. Patricia Farro is a capable trainer (I've always wondered if she's the Patricia Farro from East Boston and Suffolk Downs). Anyway, Irad Ortiz, Jr. is solid in the irons. Others: :4: , :3: , :6:

Race Six:

In this turf route I'm going with :8: Armed Ndangerous. Admittedly away from the races for quite some time. Yet, the Wagon Limit-bred gelding fits very well in this company. Linda Rice is having an excellent meet and Luis Saez can get the job done. Others: :7: , :3: , :6:

Race Seven:

In this one mile route for claimers, non-winners of three, I'm giving my nod to :7: Wellington Wizard. The Unbridled-bred gelding has faced better. It's his second start off a layoff. Tony Dutrow trains; Luis Saez rides. Can prevail with these. Also: :6: , :5:

Race Eight:

My choice in this optional claiming sprint on the inner turf is :5: Sensible Lady. The mare is dropping in class and is making her third start of a layoff. Add to that the services of John Velazquez and trainer Alan Goldberg. Others: :6: , :1: , :3:

Race Nine:

Another claiming sprint in the finale and my pick is :9: Downgoesfrazier (the late, great Howard Cosell). This Unbridled's Song-bred gelding is a seasoned turf performer in a race that is replete with horses who've never raced on the lawn. John Velazquez for Carl Domino. Others: :11: , :10: , :5: