PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine on Tuesday

Clocker
06-30-2014, 07:27 PM
A public service announcement for anyone, like me, who was not aware that tomorrow is Canada Day, and Woodbine will run on Tuesday afternoon instead of Wednesday evening this week.

lamboguy
06-30-2014, 07:46 PM
they got all the other tracks north of the border, makes for a great tuesday.

stu
06-30-2014, 10:57 PM
they got all the other tracks north of the border, makes for a great tuesday.

<Shameless plug>

This includes my employer, Hastings Racecourse, where we have an eight-race card including four stakes. Our takeout on WPS, Doubles, Pick-3, Pick-4, and Pick-5 is 15%

Streaming video is available at Drf.com tomorrow.

</shameless plug>

HuggingTheRail
06-30-2014, 11:23 PM
<Shameless plug>

This includes my employer, Hastings Racecourse, where we have an eight-race card including four stakes. Our takeout on WPS, Doubles, Pick-3, Pick-4, and Pick-5 is 15%

Streaming video is available at Drf.com tomorrow.

</shameless plug>

YAY, because the video wasn't working yesterday.....

Disappointing that the average field size is about 7 on such a big day.... sad to see racing fading away...

maclr11
07-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Woodbine 12:00 CST
ASD 1:35 CST
Northlands 2:00 CST
Fort Erie 3:15 CST
Hastings 3:50 CST

9 Stakes Races across the Country

$0.20 Super wagers on all
$0.20 Pick 4's at Woodbine, Fort Erie and Hastings
$1 Pick 4's ASD and Northlands

Here's a quick preview for each of the cards

Woodbine- The first is a pass race but Gagaoveryou could be a very nice horse in her 3yo debut. The second confused me but I think the droppers will be tough in Second Act and Star of the Forest. The third is a five horse field and Karibu Gardens will be a short price. The fourth kicks off the first $0.20 Pick 4 and its a very tough first leg. Mile maidens on the turf. I could make cases for the 1,2,4,5,6,8,9. The 8 seems like a vulnearable ML fav. Songandaprayer is not a mile sire and this 3yo is going to show a lot of speed. So I will take a shot against him and try to get a price with Classy Kid or Bristol Blitz who are bred for the turf like crazy and can improve. Other than that I like Chief's Edge to enjoy the switch back to turf. The fifth is maidens going a mile and a sixteenth. I think Spanish River is worth a shot at 15/1 ML. He's second time route and is rounding into fitness. He should be able to control the pace and he ran well last time before getting short. Cuts back a 1/16th and should move forward again. Will use mainly with 2,8,10. The sixth is the Sweet Briar Too. Youcan'tcatchme is so fast and if she gets loose she will be very tough. If not Youcan'tcatch me it should be Northern Passion as those two when right are in a different class than the rest. The seventh looks logical with Chedington and Coachella Valley and the Dominion Day should be Frac Daddy by many. The ninth and final is a wide open MSW on the turf. I like the 11 and 12 but they very easily could get wide trips. Can make a case for Another Niigon as a live first timer and Fort Erie invader Best Country.

Best Bet of the Day: Frac Daddy R8
Longshot of the Day: Spanish River R5
Early Pick 4 Play: 1,2,4,5,6,8,9/1,2,4,5,8,10/1,2/8,10 $33.60
Late Pick 4 Play: 1,2/2,5,7,8,10/2/1,4,5,7,8,10,11,12 $16

ASD
The first two races are passes as they are five horse fields. My Lucky rose cant be very sound but should be the best in the first. I would take a flyer on Plain Brown to love the two turns. The second is Catch the Sun's to lose. The third has a ton of speed and should set up for the favorite King Bill who had a crummy trip last time. The fourth is a 3 horse race all coming out of the June 21st MSW. Liberty Rocks needed that race and adds Blinkers, he will be loose and the best value. Rock Session ran good first out but he is kind of a grinder. Spring N Go had a horrendous trip down the lane last time and should run better. The fifth is a interesting race. I wouldn't touch Timeless Storm in a million years. Knucklebuster had it all his own way last time, he will get pressure this time. I would love to take a shot and bet Fox Begone moving up off claim and stretching out. Genius Level is also worth taking a lot at as he really struggled behind a loose leader last time. The sixth sets up for She's Regal who runs through issues and first out should be great for her. She is quick enough to make the lead and she is a boring winner unless Fast Maggie or Missy Bear drops in and catches her late. The seventh could also be ripe for an upset with Jilleah dropping into a spot she will like and Cursing Cathy being too far back and too wide last time. Gee Linz should not improve for a 5th start in a row. The 8th is the Canada Day and I like Yankee Candy because she will be loose, but she is a flyer. Go Go Lolo and Portales are the two main contenders for good reason though. The 9th ends the day and Our Boy Ken is a lock. The barn is 62% off the claim and its horses like this that make the barn that way. He will go to the front and never look back. Take it to the bank.

Best Bet of the Day: Our Boy Ken
Longshot of the Day: Yankee Candy
Pick 4 Play: 1,3,4/1,3/1,2,4/1,3,5,6 $72

Northlands

The first is the filly sale stake and Tell Me Lies is a legitimate standout. The second is between firster Strange Advance and Littlepiper who is taking a big drop. The third is the boys sale stake and should be between Hollywood Drama and Clever Speed. The fourth is a 2yo race and should be entertaining. I like Tracy as a baby trainer so the 7 and 8 should be tough. Scott Williams rides the live one most often so Macho Babe should be the fav. She is my pick, maybe watch the tote board for Ginger Smash and Reining Beauty. The fifth sets up for Toomanylucky's and Wildcat Energy. Those would be my picks. I like the inside three in the sixth. Wise and Artie's Brother should appreciate the class relief and Herecomesthehawks is an interesting invader. The seventh is Classic Candy's race to lose. If anyone is going to beat her in my mind it will be Vendela D. The eighth is a weak MSW. Tiz Awesome is a 32k first timer for Riversedge Racing and Rycroft, though some of the works are good and some aren't. Why didn't he start as a 2yo. Muck N Grind does more for me though as Diodoro brings him up from SoCal with the intention of going zoom. Cisco Kid and Canadian Ringo also are slightly interesting. The last should be right up the alley of Canyontime who will stalk the dual and rally. Horse also drops out of slightly tougher races.

Best Bet of the Day: Tell Me Lies
Longshot of the Day: Wildcat Energy
Pick 4 Play: 3,4,8/3,8,9/1,2,3/7,8 $54

Fort Erie

Didn't have an opinion worth mentioning in the first two. The third could set up for Aintnoflysonme who will get a great trip off a rough trip and comes out of a key race. The fourth is a turf MSW that I didn't like but the 1,5,10 look like the obvious major contenders. The fifth is a great spot to play against dropper Ringsforthegirls. I like Callformeargentina who was wide last time and should get a good setup. The sixth is wide open I like 1,2,3,4,6 so as you can tell I don't love the race. Lots of speed in the 7th should set up for Admitit and Miss Victoria who takes a huge drop. Also will use Sandys Hurricane. Closing out the card is a maiden race that should be between 1,6,8 in my mind.

Best Bet of the Day: Callformeargentina
Longshot of the Day: Miss Victoria
Early Pick 4 Play: 3,5/2,3,5,6/ALL/8 $16

Hastings

I like the speed of Storm Quality in the first. Obviously the 1 and 6 can contend but the 2 should be worth a shot. The second seems like a 2 horse race. The 1 who ran really well in his debut but might not totally love the 6 furlongs. The 2 is the horse to beat. Dunkirk is a sire to respect and the works are quick for a good barn. Six furlongs should also benefit this half to 109k earner Pixie Devil. The third is lacking speed but Morrie's Glory and Bearrock N Roll both could be loose. Grandpa George and Mark are both nice horses that can run and I will use all 4 of them in the Pick 4 but the speed could be very tough to catch. The fourth is the Chris Loseth Handicap. Distillery is a neat invader from Santa Anita who ran really good in the maiden breaker. The dirt is the question mark. The other major player is Koffee Grinder who won the last stake after a good rally to win. The fifth is a complete rematch from the Monashee Handicap except I Think So joins the field. This should set up a dual that will set up for Madeira Park, Wando Woman or Castinette Dancer. Should be an entertaining race. Title Contender and Mr Bowling should be very tough in the Lt. Governors Handicap. Wilo Kat would be a use for third and fourth for me. The Supernatural Handicap is a weird race. It's the first time going a route for many of these. I like Architecture who will love two turns. Also respect 3,7 as well. Closing off the card is Md 12500 and I like Rear Vision who quite easily could be loose in his second start off a year. Also will have the 1,3 and first time starter #8.

Best Bet of the Day: Title Contender
Longshot of the Day: Wando Woman
Early Pick 4 Play: 1,2,6/1,2/1,3,4,6/2,5 $9.60
Late Pick 4 Play: ALL/2,4/3,5,6,7/1,3,7,8 $43.20

Hope you enjoy a Canadian day of racing.

cutchemist42
07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Was kinda hoping Tuesday would be a miracle and good weather would come out, was hoping for a good afternoon out at ASD. Will be following from home though, love when all these tracks run on holidays.

I've also had Our Boy Ken on equibase alert for weeks now.