PDA

View Full Version : Dale Romans fights Indian Charlie at Churchill

foregoforever
06-26-2014, 02:41 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/romans-on-indian-charlie-fight-i-had-to-defend-myself/

Finally, some good news for the sport.

OTM Al
06-26-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/romans-on-indian-charlie-fight-i-had-to-defend-myself/

Made my day! He's been deserving that for a long long time.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Romans is a big boy.......I'd have loved to have seen it.....pants around his ankles and all :lol:

thespaah
06-26-2014, 03:09 PM

I do not read Indian Charlie....
What's this guy all about?
Is he just another internet rabblerouser/ TMZ of the barn area type guy? Or does he do actual reporting?

Tom
06-26-2014, 03:12 PM
God, that is funny! :lol::lol::lol:

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I do not read Indian Charlie....
What's this guy all about?
Is he just another internet rabblerouser/ TMZ of the barn area type guy? Or does he do actual reporting?

It's usually lampoon that is on the extreme perimeter of humor. It's one of those staples that has been around the track forever and people look at it and then wonder why they wasted the thirty seconds more often than not.

I don't have a big opinion on it one way or the other, but it is nice to know that people can still throw punches from time to time to settle things.

ArlJim78
06-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Please tell me someone got video of this. The feel good story of the day.

Rex Phinney
06-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Stillriledup
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
God, that is funny! :lol::lol::lol:

I agree, it was certainly an LOL moment for sure. :D

BombsAway Bob
06-26-2014, 03:38 PM

Indian Charlie still shows the humor of an Ali post-fight on twitter!
https://twitter.com/IndianCharlie1/status/482180645053943808 …

Stillriledup
06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
More free publicity to this guy, bet he's thrilled. Best thing that ever happened to Jim Rome was having Jim "Chris" Everett flipping the table on him, this is not much different.

pele polo
06-26-2014, 05:18 PM
The article was written as if it was a joke. This can't be real.

the little guy
06-26-2014, 05:54 PM
The article was written as if it was a joke. This can't be real.

No, there was a fight.

Appy
06-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Mental image of Romans in action here is hilarious. If only Inside Edition had been on hand...

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 06:59 PM
No, there was a fight.

please tell me the difference in size? I have stood next to Romans ......fill me in on the other guy......... :lol:

Rex Phinney
06-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Anyone ever got there ass kicked by a guy in his underwear with pants around his ankles? That is pretty crazy.

As a strategy thought it's kind of genius, you let your pants slip to the ground and surely dude doesn't expect you to come at him at that point, while he is dazed and confused you smack him.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Anyone ever got there ass kicked by a guy in his underwear with pants around his ankles? That is pretty crazy.

As a strategy thought it's kind of genius, you let your pants slip to the ground and surely dude doesn't expect you to come at him at that point, while he is dazed and confused you smack him.

It's starting to sound like a Benny Hill skit..................I can hear the music

Tom
06-26-2014, 09:39 PM
I can just see the old Batman-type Pow! ,Bam!

Then the pants go down! :lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Cartoons, btw....the Courier Journal is reporting that Romans was going commando this a.m.

PhantomOnTour
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
Romans will be fighting Juan Vazquez in the Winners' Circle at the Churchill fall meet. Gotta wait for Vazquez to serve his suspension...in the meantime Romans can be sized up for some better fitting jeans...or will he?

CD will be offering wagering:
> win bets
> exacta (winner and how...KO, TKO, decision)
> trifecta (winner, how, and round)
> prop bets on Romans' pants falling down, Vazquez' pants falling down, both pants falling down, no pants falling down
> prop bet on whether one fighter goes "Suarez" and bites the other

Takeout on all wagers will be a very Churchill-like 30%...good luck

Stillriledup
06-26-2014, 10:19 PM
:D

Good one Phantom!

tampahorseplayer
06-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Reading this newsletter, this guy sells by being a prick and by being flat out scummy. If he has issues with trainers, jockeys etc he can state them without possible slander and bullying. What was the worse to me was in a article about Dale there was a picture of a man eating a peice of chicken and he constantly referred to him as fatass. Guy is classless....

Rise Over Run
06-27-2014, 06:43 AM
What was the worse to me was in a article about Dale there was a picture of a man eating a peice of chicken and he constantly referred to him as fatass. Guy is classless....

In IC's defense, that appears to be a turkey leg. It's probably not deep fried like chicken and a much healthier alternative for DR.

Exotic1
06-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Romans will be fighting Juan Vazquez in the Winners' Circle at the Churchill fall meet. Gotta wait for Vazquez to serve his suspension...in the meantime Romans can be sized up for some better fitting jeans...or will he?

CD will be offering wagering:
> win bets
> exacta (winner and how...KO, TKO, decision)
> trifecta (winner, how, and round)
> prop bets on Romans' pants falling down, Vazquez' pants falling down, both pants falling down, no pants falling down
> prop bet on whether one fighter goes "Suarez" and bites the other

This is funny.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Looks like Indian Charlie lost the fight and got barred from the track.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2014/06/27/indian-charlie-author-banned-churchill/11469915/

The Ali references in the Paulick report are awesome, of course for a Louisville track.

ronsmac
06-27-2014, 05:28 PM
More free publicity to this guy, bet he's thrilled. Best thing that ever happened to Jim Rome was having Jim "Chris" Everett flipping the table on him, this is not much different.Rome is awesome though.

JustRalph
06-27-2014, 05:40 PM
There's a Trail of Tears joke in here somewhere......... I just can't find it....tastefully that is.......... :bang:

Stillriledup
06-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Rome is awesome though.

He is. Have you seen his show on cable? Its very good, great guests, candid interviews, etc. I fast forward thru the "sklar" nonsense, but other than them, the show is pretty good.

Irish Boy
06-27-2014, 06:16 PM
“I wanted to talk to him,” Romans told the Paulick Report, “but as soon as I got close to him he swung at me. The good thing is he swung like an 80-year-old man. I had to defend myself, so I punched him. I didn’t mean to hurt him, but I think I hurt him pretty bad.
This quote could not be more awesome.