PDA

View Full Version : Draws For Posts At Yonkers

The Inside Scoop
06-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Many feel that the draws may not be on the up and up and favors are done for certain people. Many outsiders who try to race there always seem to draw outside posts.

My question is if anybody knows, are these draws witnessed by anyone from the NY Racing Commission?

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Many? Where? Who? Horseplop?

Anyhoo...if someone with the power to create a bias in the draw wanted there to be a bias, then there will probably be a bias.

Hopefully, any horsemen who suspect such a thing will bring their evidence to the proper powers and not sit on their hands like some on this board who think they might have evidence of past posting but do nothing about it beyond posting here.

The Inside Scoop
06-26-2014, 01:20 PM
I have heard this from people who race there.

One suggested, that the draws could be done by a computer system, with the USTA or the Racing Commission overseeing them, to ensure integrity.

They could also be videostreamed for all to witness.

If the draws were done this way, no longer would people question the legitimacy of a draw that takes place in a race office, where manipulation is a possibility.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Many feel that the draws may not be on the up and up and favors are done for certain people. Many outsiders who try to race there always seem to draw outside posts. Any stats to back this up, by the way? Or is this another thread I'm going to have to delete that is nothing but pure conjecture, speculation and hearsay?

And yes whizz, I deleted your post too, because as much as you know I love you, I can't take your word on it...

wiffleball whizz
06-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Any stats to back this up, by the way? Or is this another thread I'm going to have to delete that is nothing but pure conjecture, speculation and hearsay?

And yes whizz, I deleted your post too, because as much as you know I love you, I can't take your word on it...

I'm telling you that is a fact......was so known it was scary.....but it never got talked about too much cuz the 2 isn't a bargain at the M....

Picture a pill bottle you would use to play pool....15 pills were plastic and the 2 pill was ivory......

The Inside Scoop
06-26-2014, 03:38 PM
My opinion is that whether you wish to believe that draws can be rigged, there is one thing that is the truth. If they implemented a computerized system for the draws, then all speculation of them being rigged, would be put to bed.

If thats not good for the industry then I don't know what is.

Stillriledup
06-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Many? Where? Who? Horseplop?

Anyhoo...if someone with the power to create a bias in the draw wanted there to be a bias, then there will probably be a bias.

Hopefully, any horsemen who suspect such a thing will bring their evidence to the proper powers and not sit on their hands like some on this board who think they might have evidence of past posting but do nothing about it beyond posting here.

Horsemen don't snitch on other horsemen, they just go about their business and in this instance, how can they "prove" it even if they knew it was happening?

The Inside Scoop
06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
One would have to wonder, if someone did have information on the draws not being on the up and up, would they even be willing to divulge it and face the possibility of being banned from racing there and face large financial losses as a result. We all know that tracks can ban anyone without even needing a reason if they choose.

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2014, 04:11 PM
It is my opinion that all someone would have to do is merely SUGGEST to the right person that they know something isn't on the up and up, and word would get out, and whatever impropriety was happening (if any) would cease and desist immediately.

PaceAdvantage
06-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Can someone please provide some data that shows a statistically significant amount of "out of town runners" are stuck with outside posts at Yonkers?

Pandy, have you noticed such a thing? Nobody has provided one shred of evidence, and this should be pretty easy.

The Inside Scoop
06-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Just did a qucik check on tonight card at Yonkers and not saying that there is anything going on but here is what I found. More then half the 7 and 8 holes are from non regular and out of town trainers which I have highlighted. 21 out of 48 7 or 8 holes in total were to trainers I highlighted.

Thursday

Trainers with the 7 or 8 hole as follows

Doug Noland
Robert Bresnahan
Dylan Davis
Julius Czermann
Kerin Werner
Danielle Dailey
Frank Podlenski
Phil Goldwater
Dave Pinkney
Paul Fusco
Mistey Carey
Jack Franklin
Kim Asher
Brandon Simpson
Allen Johnson
Scott Didiminico
Gilbert Garcia
Casie Coleman
Jen Lappe
Mike Fiemenero
Carl Cito
Pat Lachance
Dennis Laterza
Brittany Robertson

Friday

Mike Polansky
Dale Gilmour
Anthony Regina
Mike Watson
Frank Samparino
Chuck Connor
Mike Forte
Dave Pinkney (2 this week)
Steven Reid
Doug Noland (2 this week)

Ray2000
06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Can someone please provide some data that shows a statistically significant amount of "out of town runners" are stuck with outside posts at Yonkers?

Here's some data for trainers in 2014 with 100+ starters at Yonkers, (not corrected for scratches).

Random draw should give 12.5% in each post, numbers are in red if < 9%

Don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

Stillriledup
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Here's some data for trainers in 2014 with 100+ starters at Yonkers, (not corrected for scratches).

Random draw should give 12.5% in each post, numbers are in red if < 9%

Don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

But if they all have 100+ starters at Yonkers, they're "regulars". What about the trainers who are outsiders and have only a handful of starts?

wiffleball whizz
06-26-2014, 11:11 PM
But if they all have 100+ starters at Yonkers, they're "regulars". What about the trainers who are outsiders and have only a handful of starts?

They get the 6-7-8........

PaceAdvantage
06-27-2014, 01:10 AM
But if they all have 100+ starters at Yonkers, they're "regulars". What about the trainers who are outsiders and have only a handful of starts?Well, you can see there does seem to be more <9% clusters towards the outside posts and relatively few towards the inside, meaning it seems the regulars are getting the inside more than the outside...although is it statistically significant?

Big thank you goes out to Ray2000 and Inside Scoop for putting up some data...let's see a bit more

Stillriledup
06-27-2014, 02:24 AM
Well, you can see there does seem to be more <9% clusters towards the outside posts and relatively few towards the inside, meaning it seems the regulars are getting the inside more than the outside...although is it statistically significant?

Big thank you goes out to Ray2000 and Inside Scoop for putting up some data...let's see a bit more

Not sure, i don't know YR well enough, i'd defer to Ray's data, hopefully he can see if there's any statistically significant bias towards "out of towners".

pandy
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM

Pandy, have you noticed such a thing? Nobody has provided one shred of evidence, and this should be pretty easy.

I haven't. Seems highly unlikely. If they did that and got caught, all of the judges would be fire and the track would be fined.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Don't know about Yonkers but am familiar with the procedure at the Meadows. The draw is viewed by one of the horseman at each time they draw for post. When they post the results of the draw on the early sheets, it lists the judges names and the horseman present at the draw.

I don't know if Yonkers does the same but if anyone who goes there in person could stop by the executive office and pick up an early sheet on the day of the draw, they could actually see who was there.

I really don't know if those draws are open to the media except on big days like the Adios where they move it from the judges office to place where the media can be fed and watered before the draw and is also broadcast live on the video feed.

There is an idea, to have the draw video taped and placed on line for the public to see at the host track's website. Probably won't happen as there is no money involved just cost. It would be worth it to the public by creating interest in their favorite horses at the host track.

Stillriledup
06-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Don't know about Yonkers but am familiar with the procedure at the Meadows. The draw is viewed by one of the horseman at each time they draw for post. When they post the results of the draw on the early sheets, it lists the judges names and the horseman present at the draw.

I don't know if Yonkers does the same but if anyone who goes there in person could stop by the executive office and pick up an early sheet on the day of the draw, they could actually see who was there.

I really don't know if those draws are open to the media except on big days like the Adios where they move it from the judges office to place where the media can be fed and watered before the draw and is also broadcast live on the video feed.

There is an idea, to have the draw video taped and placed on line for the public to see at the host track's website. Probably won't happen as there is no money involved just cost. It would be worth it to the public by creating interest in their favorite horses at the host track.

Its a good idea, people love "drafts" the pro sports leagues have their drafts (namely NFL and NBA) to large crowds of crazed fanatics, that might just work.