PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Rejects Tea Party

Robert Goren
06-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Sen. Thad Cochran won in the GOP primary in Mississippi by appealing to African American voters. Not surprising the Tea Party candidate Chris McDaniel is cry fouling because formerly Democratic African Americans were allowed to vote in the GOP primary. Maybe there is hope that the GOP will move away from its mostly white base after all, but not if people like Chris McDaniel have anything to say about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/politics/primary-wrap/

hcap
06-25-2014, 10:23 AM
A bunch of other Te'peers lost as well. Crowing about Cantors defeat was a bit premature

Tom
06-25-2014, 11:54 AM
And others won.
What's your point?

You know, you two, when you use the microwave ovens, you really need to close that door.

classhandicapper
06-25-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't see how any reasonable person can defend cross party voting in primaries. It's ludicrous (he says in his best Mike Tyson voice). Allowing cross party voting opens to door to people voting for the worst candidate in the opposition party so their own party has a better chance of winning the actual election.

It's shit like this that makes me want out of this insane asylum.

ArlJim78
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
you guys act like it's so easy to knock off an incumbent senator. the guy won by a very narrow margin in a runoff election! only because he begged Democrats to help him out, used the race card and other such nonsense, was supported by Mike Bloomberg and other cronies like Haley Barbour. The challenger actually won with republicans but MS has open primaries so it's a cluster.

I had no idea those on the left were so enamored with Thad Cochran. 76 years old, served since the 70's, shows signs of senility. No way he will serve out his term, he'll step down and then the old boy network will install their handpicked successor.

some people just don't get it. politics is not going to change itself. you've got to get rid of them. at least one group is making an effort.

Tom
06-25-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't see how any reasonable person can defend cross party voting in primaries. It's ludicrous (he says in his best Mike Tyson voice). Allowing cross party voting opens to door to people voting for the worst candidate in the opposition party so their own party has a better chance of winning the actual election.

It's shit like this that makes me want out of this insane asylum.

Agreed. It is blatantly STUPID top allow dems to vote in repub primaries or repubs to vote in dem primaries.

Can't our government ever get ANYTHING right?
Morons.

NJ Stinks
06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't see how any reasonable person can defend cross party voting in primaries.

I don't see how somebody can defend primaries period. Anything that restricts the majority from choosing their elected officials should have been gone years ago.

And why the hell is the government footing the bill so primaries can be held for the benefit of political parties? Let the political parties pay themselves.

Tom
06-25-2014, 12:55 PM
And why the hell is the government footing the bill so primaries can be held for the benefit of political parties? Let the political parties pay themselves.

We agree!
I say it is unconstitutional to do so.
It discriminates against smart people who do not join parties.
REAL Americans.

johnhannibalsmith
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't see how somebody can defend primaries period. Anything that restricts the majority from choosing their elected officials should have been gone years ago.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Primaries have devolved into a mechanism for serving us prison food rather than offering up a menu from more than one eatery.

reckless
06-25-2014, 03:59 PM
For many, many, many months now I have been basically alone as a true conservative who has predicted a difficult 2014 election for the GOP. The 'experts' all predict a GOP year, short of a national wave. I have often said this won't happen.

Conservatives are onto the phonies of the establishment GOP and will not vote for a RINO incumbent, mark my words.

Cochran won yesterday's primary because the villains in both parties lied to the majority-Democrat Party Black community in endorsing Cochran and prompting them to vote in the GOP primary for Cochran. Even with the cross-over vote and the millions of dirty establishment GOP money, Cochran won by only a point or so. He shouldn't be celebrating today boys and girls.

So, come November, the Tea Partiers and other conservatives should stay home and let Cochran try to 'win' without them. He can't win without conservatives and the black folks and 'moderates' that might have voted for him in the GOP primary will now ignore him in the general election.

Cochran will not win come November -- as will many incumbent loser-GOP phonies like him. RINO incumbents will have a hard time winning throughout the USA because conservatives will stay home this year, I assure you.

RINOs need cross-over primaries, such as what happened in Mississippi and South Carolina, for them to win back a challenge from the Right. They can't win on principle or ideological grounds as the defeat of Eric Cantor proved.

The 'Tea Party' didn't lose, the establishment GOP did.... the same GOP ilk that takes money from a loser like Karl Rove, who takes his marching orders from the anti-America, corrupt Chamber of Commerce.

ArlJim78
06-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Finally we see some bipartisanship in that the tea party is forcing the Rino party to work together with the Democrats. To think that GOP leadership would spend money to get out the democrat vote, well what more has to be said.

Clocker
06-25-2014, 04:33 PM
To think that GOP leadership would spend money to get out the democrat vote, well what more has to be said.

That would be the RINO leadership. Too many Republicans, especially those that have been in office too long, talk a good game but don't deliver. Their primary concerns are getting reelected and gaining power.

classhandicapper
06-25-2014, 04:41 PM

I don't have too much of a problem with several candidates that are "theoretically" similar to me politically being vetted so I know who like best and then going from there. Otherwise we might have 5-10 democrats and 5-10 republicans on the ballot along with the other smaller party candidates. That could turn into a real fiasco with the winner getting 15% of the vote.

classhandicapper
06-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Finally we see some bipartisanship in that the tea party is forcing the Rino party to work together with the Democrats. To think that GOP leadership would spend money to get out the democrat vote, well what more has to be said.

The Rino party is no better than the democrats? ;)

ArlJim78
06-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Not really, to me there is only a very marginal difference, not enough to matter. if they support big government they're all the same to me.

Tom
06-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Worse.

JustRalph
06-25-2014, 10:40 PM
What's Cochrun going to do when the Tea party stays home or votes for the Dem? Turnabout is fair play...........btw....... Cochrun is despicable........

horses4courses
06-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Cochrun is despicable

Winner, winner........Southern fried chicken dinner :jump:

Robert Goren
06-25-2014, 11:31 PM
What's Cochrun going to do when the Tea party stays home or votes for the Dem? Turnabout is fair play...........btw....... Cochrun is despicable........Tea party voting for democrat? That is about crazy as it gets. Maybe someone runs as third party candidate. Then maybe the democrat wins, but even that is unlikely in Mississippi. Cochran may not be an extra extreme right republican, but he is hardly a Rockefeller republican let alone a liberal republican.

fast4522
06-26-2014, 06:57 AM
No matter how we spin it, all the analysts are all saying the same thing. Democrats are going to have a real bad year.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 02:11 PM
No matter how we spin it, all the analysts are all saying the same thing. Democrats are going to have a real bad year.

Bullshit. It might be "not as good" as the past, but I don't believe for a minute they take a huge hit. I hope I'm wrong.

The problem I see is that like no other time in our history, the President has done two things that have never been experienced by most voters. The sycophants are going to come out no matter what. Although I don't think they are as energized as before, the core is there. I get emails every day from the DNC begging for $3 dollar donations. Who do you think they are targeting with a $3 dollar donation request? The core, poor base. Here are the two things I have never seen

1. Obama was elevated to heights that were beyond anything the man (nor any politician for that matter) could possibly live up to. This was laughable and the failure was completely anticipated by many who saw through the bullshit. Those who compared him to Jimmy Carter prior to the election couldn't believe someone could be worse, but here we stand today. The real result of this was Obamabots continually doubling down on Obamamania.

This doubling down was more divisive every time a new issue came up. This resulted in a level of hatred and distaste no one could have predicted. All due to his arrogance and the way he handles defeats. This is a man who today suffered his 12th unanimous Supreme Court defeat in the last two years. I'm hearing and reading this stat everywhere. These Supreme Court decisions alone will tar his legacy as one of acting like a king, refusing to follow the law and disrespecting the basic governmental structure set forth by the founders. This has divided the country upon lines that we haven't seen for 150 years. Bill Clinton was smart enough to adjust and begin to work across the aisle, knowing if he didn't he'd never get anything done. Not laughing boy. He's got a pen and a telephone.

2. The wholesale doubling down by Obama and Democratic sycophants on every single issue has even divided those on his side of the aisle. I for once actually see a parallel between what's happening in the Repub party and what has occurred in the Dem party. There are three distinct individuals in the Dem party now. Establishment Dems, Obama Worshippers who can't give up now, and straight Liberals who want to turn on Obama but get excoriated when they do. The straight Libs are smart enough to know the horse they were riding was a mistake. Let's face it, of the three groups being an educated dyed in the wool Liberal is the most noble.

I can put up with the Liberal mindset. It's no different than other ideologies and built on a foundation of long term thinking, no matter how much I disagree with it, it goes back to the days of FDR and maybe Wilson. It's the only defensible position on the Dem side. The other two fall under the doubling down on the man and protecting him at all cost. He's going to look like the greatest failure ever in ten years. Obama created this split.

John Boehner's announcement of coming lawsuits will make him look worse. Once the rulings start coming down against Obama, it will be towards the end, when the knives will be out. Boehner's held off for political reasons. It will probably take 22-28 months for those lawsuits to start being decided on, if he gets them filed soon enough, and that puts them in the news in the summer or fall of 2016

There are a myriad of ways for the White House to delay them. But it's obviously a political strategy by Boehner et al. If they make it to the Supremes, great. But you can make campaign commercials quoting Federal Judges just as easy.

TJDave
06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
This is a man who today suffered his 12th unanimous Supreme Court defeat in the last two years.

Interesting. Can you document that?

Clocker
06-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Interesting. Can you document that?

Ralph screwed up.

It is 13, not 12. (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381296/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-against-obama-12th-and-13th-time-2012-john-fund)

TJDave
06-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Ralph screwed up.

It is 13, not 12. (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381296/supreme-court-rules-unanimously-against-obama-12th-and-13th-time-2012-john-fund)

That's nice. Now could you point me toward the actual cases?

Clocker
06-26-2014, 04:20 PM
Now could you point me toward the actual cases?

Yes, I could. But my mother always told me that you learn things better if you look them up yourself.

TJDave
06-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Yes, I could. But my mother always told me that you learn things better if you look them up yourself.

You made the claim. You provide the proof.

cmp92
06-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Sen. Thad Cochran won in the GOP primary in Mississippi by appealing to African American voters. Not surprising the Tea Party candidate Chris McDaniel is cry fouling because formerly Democratic African Americans were allowed to vote in the GOP primary. Maybe there is hope that the GOP will move away from its mostly white base after all, but not if people like Chris McDaniel have anything to say about it.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/politics/primary-wrap/
WSJ had an opinion piece today by Karl Rove. He pointed out that McDaniel voted in a Democratic primary in 2003.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
You made the claim. You provide the proof.

I guess you could go read the cases on the Supreme courts website

http://www.supremecourt.gov/

I typed Obama into the search engine and got a ton of hits............

fast4522
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Bullshit. It might be "not as good" as the past, but I don't believe for a minute they take a huge hit. I hope I'm wrong.

The problem I see is that like no other time in our history, the President has done two things that have never been experienced by most voters. The sycophants are going to come out no matter what. Although I don't think they are as energized as before, the core is there. I get emails every day from the DNC begging for $3 dollar donations. Who do you think they are targeting with a $3 dollar donation request? The core, poor base. Here are the two things I have never seen

1. Obama was elevated to heights that were beyond anything the man (nor any politician for that matter) could possibly live up to. This was laughable and the failure was completely anticipated by many who saw through the bullshit. Those who compared him to Jimmy Carter prior to the election couldn't believe someone could be worse, but here we stand today. The real result of this was Obamabots continually doubling down on Obamamania.

This doubling down was more divisive every time a new issue came up. This resulted in a level of hatred and distaste no one could have predicted. All due to his arrogance and the way he handles defeats. This is a man who today suffered his 12th unanimous Supreme Court defeat in the last two years. I'm hearing and reading this stat everywhere. These Supreme Court decisions alone will tar his legacy as one of acting like a king, refusing to follow the law and disrespecting the basic governmental structure set forth by the founders. This has divided the country upon lines that we haven't seen for 150 years. Bill Clinton was smart enough to adjust and begin to work across the aisle, knowing if he didn't he'd never get anything done. Not laughing boy. He's got a pen and a telephone.

2. The wholesale doubling down by Obama and Democratic sycophants on every single issue has even divided those on his side of the aisle. I for once actually see a parallel between what's happening in the Repub party and what has occurred in the Dem party. There are three distinct individuals in the Dem party now. Establishment Dems, Obama Worshippers who can't give up now, and straight Liberals who want to turn on Obama but get excoriated when they do. The straight Libs are smart enough to know the horse they were riding was a mistake. Let's face it, of the three groups being an educated dyed in the wool Liberal is the most noble.

I can put up with the Liberal mindset. It's no different than other ideologies and built on a foundation of long term thinking, no matter how much I disagree with it, it goes back to the days of FDR and maybe Wilson. It's the only defensible position on the Dem side. The other two fall under the doubling down on the man and protecting him at all cost. He's going to look like the greatest failure ever in ten years. Obama created this split.

John Boehner's announcement of coming lawsuits will make him look worse. Once the rulings start coming down against Obama, it will be towards the end, when the knives will be out. Boehner's held off for political reasons. It will probably take 22-28 months for those lawsuits to start being decided on, if he gets them filed soon enough, and that puts them in the news in the summer or fall of 2016

There are a myriad of ways for the White House to delay them. But it's obviously a political strategy by Boehner et al. If they make it to the Supremes, great. But you can make campaign commercials quoting Federal Judges just as easy.

JR, I admire the depth of your post/response, I too am hoping that you are wrong. Forget John Boehner, he is the kind of guy that you go drinking with, certainly not someone to invite to a war room to hatch a working plan.

I maintain President Clinton was liked more and he still got a bitch slapping with many of his party thrown out of office, most like this President considerably less. Perhaps the dynamic is much different and your post shows some of that, by way of failed policy this guy has brought desperation to town. I might expound on the word desperation, but would go too far and get Mike pissed at me or part of my post edited. Desperation is a evil tool used in the past by other monsters, that is where I will leave it. We just need a little luck in November my friend.

fast4522
06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/06/26/supreme-court-reminds-obama-our-constitution-applies-to-him-too/

Clocker
06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
I guess you could go read the cases on the Supreme courts website

http://www.supremecourt.gov/

Or summaries and discussion about them at SCOTUSblog (http://www.scotusblog.com/).

Robert Goren
06-26-2014, 11:55 PM
WSJ had an opinion piece today by Karl Rove. He pointed out that McDaniel voted in a Democratic primary in 2003.That is too funny for words. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/01/pastor-claims-republican-senator-was-buying-black-votes-to-beat-back-tea-party-challenge/

This could be interesting........buying votes?

davew
07-02-2014, 12:21 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/01/pastor-claims-republican-senator-was-buying-black-votes-to-beat-back-tea-party-challenge/

This could be interesting........buying votes?

The Democratic Party doesn't have to follow no dang rules, they learned about corruption from the unions.

Robert Goren
07-02-2014, 12:24 AM
The Democratic Party doesn't have to follow no dang rules, they learned about corruption from the unions.Who learned it from the companies they work for.

PaceAdvantage
07-02-2014, 10:29 AM

This could be interesting........buying votes?All elections are suspect in my opinion. From the very top, to the very bottom.

I have a very jaded and cynical view of the world (especially politics), and I am of the belief that stuff like this has gone on for AGES...regardless of party affiliation...

But it used to be the Democrats who took the high road when it came to voting...always claiming Republicans were the ones purposely looking to prevent people from voting...

Crock of shit both ways...they're both crooks...always have been, always will be.

But I always get a laugh when the left-leaners here like to paint themselves with the purity brush... :lol: :lol: :lol: