PDA

View Full Version : Keenland hosting Breeders Cup

BettinBilly
06-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Just got the Tweet.
#BreedersCup15 RT @adambeam: Keeneland, Lexington's picturesque horse racing track, lands the Breeders' Cup http://t.co/wmY7U51TaZ

Tall One
06-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Keeneland looking to start meet early to accomodate Fall Stars weekend.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85831/keeneland-hopes-for-early-start-in-fall-2015?utm_source=6%2F25+Wed+NEWS+2+-+1%2FBetAmerica+2%2FDerbyWars+3%2FAmWest&utm_campaign=6%2F25+Horse+Races+Now+News&utm_medium=email

BettinBilly
06-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the link, Tall.

Five straight weekends of live racing at Keenland capped by the Breeders.

Looks like I'll be spending some time at that track in the fall of 2015. Looking forward to it.

OverlayHunter
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know when tickets for the 2015 BC at KEE will be available to the general public? I've been to both the KEE site and the BC site and both shuttle me to register an email address to allow me to be the among the "first" to know when the tickets will be available.

dilanesp
12-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know when tickets for the 2015 BC at KEE will be available to the general public? I've been to both the KEE site and the BC site and both shuttle me to register an email address to allow me to be the among the "first" to know when the tickets will be available.

From what I have been hearing, you aren't going to like the answer....

OverlayHunter
12-17-2014, 12:50 PM
What have you been hearing?

dilanesp
12-17-2014, 12:54 PM
What have you been hearing?

That there are about 25,000 tickets, total, and that there are very close to that number that will be distributed to sponsors, friends of the BC, and industry and Keeneland insiders. There will be very few tickets available to the public through official channels.

OTM Al
12-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Wow, could this spell the end of Keeneland "always doing it right" and "getting it"? Stay tuned.....

Tall One
12-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Wow, could this spell the end of Keeneland "always doing it right" and "getting it"? Stay tuned.....

BC controls the ticket distribution for the host tracks. Friend of mine contacted her local state rep looking for tickets for the event. Even he couldn't help her out...something along the lines of "The Pope needs tickets too."

OTM Al
12-17-2014, 02:34 PM
BC controls the ticket distribution for the host tracks. Friend of mine contacted her local state rep looking for tickets for the event. Even he couldn't help her out...something along the lines of "The Pope needs tickets too."

I am familiar with how it works. Point though is, Keeneland had to want to do it in the first place and should well have understood the implications of the small venue size.

Tall One
12-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Not doubting your knowledge of how the system works Al, but that's the way we do things here in Kentucky; cart before the horse, and the pun is intended. .

With UK hosting Tennessee in football that same week-end, this town will be a giant cluster***k. :ThmbUp:

OverlayHunter
12-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Of the few tickets available to fans, does anyone know when they will be available to purchase?

DelMarJay
12-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Have a friend who works for BC. Says at this time the big question will be how many temporary seats will be added for the two days. Still in negotiations between BC org and Keeneland officials. My OWN OPINION is that KEE wants less than BC to keep the "pristine look" of the racetrack and the panoramic views.

biggestal99
12-17-2014, 04:58 PM
That there are about 25,000 tickets, total, and that there are very close to that number that will be distributed to sponsors, friends of the BC, and industry and Keeneland insiders. There will be very few tickets available to the public through official channels.

I think i'm a friend lol.

Allan

Lemon Drop Husker
12-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Been to the BC the last 5 years and we are extremely worried about getting tickets. I know we are probably down on the list, and there aren't likely to be many left after all the connections, insiders, and horsemen take their share.

Even if we get tickets, I'm afraid they will involve a folding chair and no table for an exorbitant price. May be taking this one in at a local venue.

Robert Fischer
12-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Keeneland will likely do a better than average job with the Breeders Cup, but it may be difficult to get tickets.

ReplayRandall
12-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Keeneland will likely do a better than average job with the Breeders Cup, but it may be difficult to get tickets.

RF, if you qualify for the BC Betting Challenge, you're given guaranteed seats for you an a guest.....

forced89
12-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Watch out for the temporary seats. The ones they brought in to Lone Star were ones used at the previous week's PGA golf tournament. Not very comfortable and tough to get into and out of for betting.