PDA

View Full Version : A TRUE HERO!

cj
04-24-2004, 12:18 PM
ESPN - Pat Tillman dies in Afghanistan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1788232)

If you don't already know this man's story, do yourself a favor and check it out. He is an American hero.

kingfin66
04-24-2004, 11:15 PM
And so are many, many others. Few people have the principles that he does. I know I sure don't. My thoughts are with his family and the families of all of our service people who put their lives on the line for the rest of us. It is a difficult, dangerous job, and nobody does it better than our military. All of you who serve should be very proud for a job well done.

ljb
04-25-2004, 11:38 AM
I attended a parade Friday sponsered by a small local communities festival. In this parade were two Humvees. Each Humvee had three American soldiers aboard. My wife and I both began clapping and giving thumbs up to these brave young men. Soon the crowd joined in. The young men smiled and waved back. It almost brought tears to my eyes knowing the sacrifices these young men are making for our freedom. I would suggest we remember ALL these heros in our prayers.

cj
04-26-2004, 12:23 PM
No doubt, of course we should remember all the people in our prayers. Even you would have to admit it takes a special person to walk away from millions of dollars to put his life on the line for our freedom. I wish I could say I would do the same, but I honestly don't know if I could.

schweitz
04-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Lets not forget that it also takes a special person to walk away from his or her spouse and children to put their life on the line for our freedom.

JustRalph
04-27-2004, 11:52 PM
This stuff makes me sick..........this info is from

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110005005

The Face of Hate:

The Portland, Ore., branch of the Independent Media Center--one of the most virulent Angry Left Web sites around--has a page devoted to the death in combat last week of Pat Tillman, the pro football player turned Army Ranger who died in combat in Afghanistan last week. This is offensive stuff, so you might want to skip it, but we think it's worth shining a light on. The page begins with a Washington Post story about Tillman's death under the headline (Indymedia's, not the Post's) "Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan." This is followed by reader comments. A sampling (quoted verbatim except for expletives):

"Tillman chose to go to Afghanistan. He's partially reponsible for the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands of Afghan civilians. No need to feel sorry for him, other than feeling bad that he was brainwashed into serving as a grunt."

"it's amazing the kind of attention this insignificant incident is going to cause. well, he was rich, white, and an american. 10,000 (brown) iraqis get killed, and it barely merits a mention in the american news. how utterly f---ing sad."

"To be honest I wish I could feel sorry for the guy, but the truth is I really feel nothing at all. To many have died and too much money has flowed into the pockets of Dick Cheney to even worry about it."

"if he 'sacrificed' anything it was his common sense. He had a good American thing going and blew it."
In fairness, not all posters agree. "I'd like to correct the ridiculous headline that preceeds this story," writes one: "Brave American sacrifices friends, family and fortune in defense of his country. Pigs on IndyMedia can now continue to exercise free speech, sacrifice nothing and spew hate."

cj
04-28-2004, 02:46 AM
What a shocker, Portland, Oregon. The only place that would have surprised me less would have been San Francisco.

lsbets
04-28-2004, 04:14 AM
Wow - I followed the link and read some other articles on the Portland site. If they only knew how ignorant they are.

There are DVDs available over here, torture DVDs that show what Saddam, his sons, and their henchmen did. I bought 2 of them. Its really totally sick shit. My wife asked me why on earth I would by them - on one DVD they cut off a man's head. My answer was simple - no one can watch those DVDs and then talk about our "repressive, Nazi" government in the United States. I bought them to show reality to people who have never seen reality. Ljb - do you want a copy of the DVD's? I'll send them to you, you might learn someting.

ljb
04-28-2004, 06:53 AM
lsbets,
The stuff you mention in your two posts makes me sick also. I do not want any dvds showing such sick stuff. I have never said Saddam was not an evil man. Nor have I said our government was "repressive nazi". I think you may have me confused with another person who has posted on these boards. As mentioned in previous posts, I mourn for the loss of any and all young men and women in this war.

cj
05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I almost hate to dig up this thread, but ESPN is showing the Memorial Service.

I think that is a bit much.