PDA

View Full Version : Frankel (First Post) :)

mutualwagerer
06-23-2014, 09:21 PM
So I was watching the Ascot this past week and got me thinking with the new Frankel foal being sold, and having a discussion with a buddy. Hypothetically Speaking if you could pick any 2 male sires one as a Dam Sire and the other as Dams Dam Sire, who would you pick to create the ultimate horse without a lot of inbreeding....

iceknight
06-23-2014, 11:43 PM
So I was watching the Ascot this past week and got me thinking with the new Frankel foal being sold, and having a discussion with a buddy. Hypothetically Speaking if you could pick any 2 male sires one as a Dam Sire and the other as Dams Dam Sire, who would you pick to create the ultimate horse without a lot of inbreeding.... Blushing Groom and Holy Bull.

mutualwagerer
06-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Interesting how come? And what order? I was thinking maybe street cry, or ghostzapper for DS and then just for classic sake secretariat as theDDS

iceknight
06-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Interesting how come? And what order? I was thinking maybe street cry, or ghostzapper for DS and then just for classic sake secretariat as theDDS
Holybull would be the damsire side. I like Blushing Groom mainly because of Arazi, but I am also impressed by the Rahy/Nashwan successes. But I just posted mainly because you had mentioned first post, I am no expertise in the mating game (yet). :lol:

Robert Fischer
06-24-2014, 11:15 AM
So I was watching the Ascot this past week and got me thinking with the new Frankel foal being sold, and having a discussion with a buddy. Hypothetically Speaking if you could pick any 2 male sires one as a Dam Sire and the other as Dams Dam Sire, who would you pick to create the ultimate horse without a lot of inbreeding....

disclaimer: I don't know enough about breeding to make this more than a hypothetical fun response:

............................Pulpit
Tapit.....................Tap Your Heels
........................... Hard Spun
Francesca Spun......Frankel's Daughter

mutualwagerer
06-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Cool thanks guys :lol: ya this is all for fun just seeing what people think, I have been reading these forums for awhile now and finally decided to quit being lazy and create a profile haha however I must say I was nervous PA took almost a week to allow me access

DeltaLover
06-24-2014, 04:18 PM

Mr Prospector X Danzing