PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Handicappers Challenge

pat
06-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Does anyone know the results of this past weekends Belmont handicappers challenge.
I can't believe it no news about it on the DRF website or the host track NYRA website.
I was at the track at Belmont and not once did they mention anything about the handicappers challenge during the course of the day.
Do they have anyone that runs their public relations department.

wiffleball whizz
06-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know the results of this past weekends Belmont handicappers challenge.
I can't believe it no news about it on the DRF website or the host track NYRA website.
I was at the track at Belmont and not once did they mention anything about the handicappers challenge during the course of the day.
Do they have anyone that runs their public relations department.

Not since June 7th

Storm Cadet
06-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Eric Moomey came in first and Nicole Cox and Kev Cox (Brooklyn Cowboy) @Saratoga Bets came in 2nd and 4th

Rise Over Run
06-23-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/moomy-wins-belmont-handicapping-challenge/

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 05:53 PM
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/moomy-wins-belmont-handicapping-challenge/So it is on their website...right on the home page...big fat photo (2nd one displayed)...big fat check being held by the winner...

But the OP says he can't find it anywhere on their website...maybe you really can't believe everything you read on the internet... :lol:

Trips
06-23-2014, 05:58 PM
So it is on their website...right on the home page...big fat photo (2nd one displayed)...big fat check being held by the winner...

But the OP says he can't find it anywhere on their website...maybe you really can't believe everything you read on the internet... :lol:
The photo appeared on the NYRA site after the original poster inquired.

pat
06-23-2014, 06:07 PM
So it is on their website...right on the home page...big fat photo (2nd one displayed)...big fat check being held by the winner...

i made that post at 615 am they didnt post it until 1015 am and the following day

pat
06-23-2014, 06:18 PM
BTW prior to posting here at 6am i tweeted and emailed NYRA in regards to this

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 06:24 PM
BTW prior to posting here at 6am i tweeted and emailed NYRA in regards to thisWell then, bravo. All those who say you can't get anything accomplished by emailing the powers that be, take note.

This should be a lesson for all those I keep telling to email the tracks and the TRPB with their past-posting concerns.

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Well then, bravo. All those who say you can't get anything accomplished by emailing the powers that be, take note.

This should be a lesson for all those I keep telling to email the tracks and the TRPB with their past-posting concerns.

That's it? Bravo? how about an apology to Pat.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 07:01 PM
That's it? Bravo? how about an apology to Pat.How about you start on those emails?

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
How about you start on those emails?

If i thought e mails would do any good, i'd be sending them out.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 07:03 PM
If i thought e mails would do any good, i'd be sending them out.Have you ever even tried?

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Have you ever even tried?

I try on occasion. I've even placed a phone call, this is going back a year or two, to Charlestown on a DQ that i thought was terrible. I got thru to the stewards booth and had a 20 minute conversation with the judge there, he appreciated my input is what he said and he told me i made a sharp observation and thanked for the call.

I just need a little more effort from the industry, just a little more, im not asking for them to make penicillin out of moldy bread, just asking for effort. If i see effort, i'll be there to nudge them in the right direction.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 07:17 PM
DQs are judgement calls. It's tough to argue a judgement call with a steward.

It's not even worth the time in my opinion.

But these alleged past-posting incidents are another ball of wax altogether. They either happened or they did not. And there should be verifiable hard evidence in existence with the tote companies. Somebody needs to put in the effort to start an email campaign.

Why not try and get the boys at HANA involved in this? If it's legit, then I don't see why they wouldn't get behind it. They have a few ears in this industry.

Why do I have to spell out all this obvious stuff to everyone?

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
DQs are judgement calls. It's tough to argue a judgement call with a steward.

It's not even worth the time in my opinion.

But these alleged past-posting incidents are another ball of wax altogether. They either happened or they did not. And there should be verifiable hard evidence in existence with the tote companies. Somebody needs to put in the effort to start an email campaign.

Why not try and get the boys at HANA involved in this? If it's legit, then I don't see why they wouldn't get behind it. They have a few ears in this industry.

Why do I have to spell out all this obvious stuff to everyone?

I didnt call under the premise to argue, i called under the premise to discuss philosophy and judgment calls and ask why he decided to make the DQ he decided to make.

The situation involved a jock from post 1 in a 4.5 race who broke a few lengths slow and rode the hair off the horse to get up the rail, the guy on the lead was far in front of him and moving over and the guy on the rushing rail horse, i thought, put himself in a bad spot and had to check hard, my bone of contention to the judge was that the guy shouldnt be rewarded for that type of ride. He rode as if he was entitled to the 1 path because he broke from post 1 and i thought for him, it was too late to get the lead and the guy on the lead was certainly not going to let him sneak thru.

I've never been in love with the stewarding at CT, but this judge was a nice guy and we had a good talk about what stays up and what comes down.

Maybe we can get Jeff on board with this stuff, hopefully he can respond in Pete's thread about Delaware and we can go from there.

Thebigguy
06-23-2014, 07:51 PM
How about you start on those emails?

Lurked for a while and Im sure its somewhere around here, but why do you allow so much from the poster you respond to above? Seems to me like he should have been darted long ago.

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
No clue as to the rhyme or reason why some stick around and others are booted off within the first five minutes. I guess I'm a softie for a select few on here whom others think should have been booted long ago...

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Lurked for a while and Im sure its somewhere around here, but why do you allow so much from the poster you respond to above? Seems to me like he should have been darted long ago.

How about put up a poll, should i leave or should i go, and there's more go votes than stay votes, i'll leave and never post again.

ALso, make the poll anonymous, i want people voting how they truly feel.

Go ahead, i give you permission.

Robert Fischer
06-23-2014, 08:22 PM
SRU, Please contact the clerk of scales...

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Maybe i'll change my name to "the bigger guy". How's that sound? :D

Robert Fischer
06-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Maybe i'll change my name to "the bigger guy". How's that sound? :D

i lose track of all the names, I think there's a "the big guy" and a "biggest sal" not sure if either are related to their namesakes...

back on topic - congrats to the winners.
Contests are something I'm at least considering on my 2015 to do list.

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 09:06 PM
i lose track of all the names, I think there's a "the big guy" and a "biggest sal" not sure if either are related to their namesakes...

back on topic - congrats to the winners.
Contests are something I'm at least considering on my 2015 to do list.

They're a lot of fun, hard to explain, you should give it a try. Different mindset than everyday betting, helps a capper think differently about searching the top of the oddsboard for winners.

Tall One
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM

:D

Thebigguy
06-23-2014, 11:09 PM
How about put up a poll, should i leave or should i go, and there's more go votes than stay votes, i'll leave and never post again.

ALso, make the poll anonymous, i want people voting how they truly feel.

Go ahead, i give you permission.

You do it.
Clearly you care.

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 11:21 PM
You do it.
Clearly you care.

You're the one who wants to jettison me from the site, you're the one who brought it up, not me.

Go back in this thread and see who brought it up.

EMD4ME
06-23-2014, 11:41 PM
You're the one who wants to jettison me from the site, you're the one who brought it up, not me.

You have my vote to stay!

Stillriledup
06-23-2014, 11:59 PM
You have my vote to stay!

Thank you, I'll STAY!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Thebigguy
06-24-2014, 12:07 AM

I vote go. So its 1's.

Stillriledup
06-24-2014, 12:20 AM
I vote go. So its 1's.

OH NO!!! Can't i make you change your mind? What do i have to do, just say the word.
How about this idea. Before i post, i'll PM you my post and you can vet the post out to see if its acceptable to your standards, i won't post without your say so. How bout it? :)

Jeff P
06-24-2014, 12:25 AM
...Maybe we can get Jeff on board with this stuff, hopefully he can respond in Pete's thread about Delaware and we can go from there.
FYI, I did take the time to send an email to someone involved with tote integrity at the NTRA. Included in my email were links to the multiple threads here at Paceadvantage and a separate thread that popped up at Chicago barntowire.

I'm just a lowly horseplayer and cannot make any promises about how the NTRA, TRBP, or TRA 20/20 Committee might respond to what is being alleged here.

But now they will at least be aware that players are raising questions about tote integrity (if they weren't aware already.)

-jp

Longshot6977
06-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I vote SRU stays.

Yes, he does have some silly posts, but he IS passionate about the game and does seem knowledgeable in many areas. I give him lots of credit for never backing down from an argument/discussion when called out. He really never disrespects anyone else's differing opinion while persistently trying to explain his own (although he can get redundant at times I'll admit). He's very persistent and polite and helpful in many threads. :)

I don't know, maybe his meds where off on some days, lol, but I vote he stays.

Longshot6977
06-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Oops, I meant 'wear off' on some days.

Stillriledup
06-25-2014, 02:47 PM
I vote SRU stays.

Yes, he does have some silly posts, but he IS passionate about the game and does seem knowledgeable in many areas. I give him lots of credit for never backing down from an argument/discussion when called out. He really never disrespects anyone else's differing opinion while persistently trying to explain his own (although he can get redundant at times I'll admit). He's very persistent and polite and helpful in many threads. :)

I don't know, maybe his meds where off on some days, lol, but I vote he stays.

Thank you LS, much appreciated. :ThmbUp: