PDA

View Full Version : new driver's license

Dark Horse
06-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Just a heads up that new driver's licenses, gradually introduced across the states, have radio frequency identification chips. You know, 'for your increased personal security'.

This allows you to be tracked, traced, stalked, and so forth, without your permission.

Minority Report is here.

Robert Goren
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
As the demand for things like driver's license become counterfeit proof grows, you will see more things like this.

Tom
06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
You mean as the government's desire to control our lives more and more increases.

This could - hopefully - open a whole new black market for licenses.
that would be a good thing. Almost as good as devising a way to feed false information through the license. Like, the coordinates for the frigging MOON!
OR better, send info that say 10 million people are on the beltway heading towards the WH. :lol::lol::lol:

Robert Goren
06-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Driver's Licenses and state ids are used in the hiring process among many other things. A DL with a chip in it makes it harder for an illegal to get a job, vote, buy a gun, etc

Dark Horse
06-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Phew. You can block these things...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-are-rfid-blocking-wallets-which-should-you-buy

Resistance is NOT futile.

BettinBilly
06-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Absolutely DH.

I have a NEXUS card for crossing the Canadian Border in the Express lane, and for entering the country via Airports quickly. It came with an RFID Insulated security sleeve that prevents reading the chip.

If my next DL has an RFID chip, it will either have its own security sleeve or I will have an RFID wallet, or both for our Brave New World.

Tom
06-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Driver's Licenses and state ids are used in the hiring process among many other things. A DL with a chip in it makes it harder for an illegal to get a job, vote, buy a gun, etc

How can it affect them voting - no ID required for our most valued right.

GaryG
06-20-2014, 11:18 AM
How can it affect them voting - no ID required for our most valued right.Pictur ID is required here in Tennessee. Thankfully we have a minimum amount of illegal immigrants. There is not much here to attract them except where they grow tomatoes and strawberries.