PDA

View Full Version : Let's handicap the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot

letswastemoney
06-19-2014, 09:16 PM
There's no general Royal Ascot thread?

Anyways, I'm hoping Rizeena improves in her second start off the layoff. I'm impressed that she finished close to Chriselliam in the Shadwell Fillies' Mile.

Kiyoshi has some good 2 year old form too while beating a couple of these, although she hasn't started this year. Maybe she's matured in her off time.

Lightning Thunder looks best from an overall recent form standpoint, I get the feeling she's going to run second again and not win.

OTM Al
06-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Friday is not a day I usually play the Royal meet, as I just never seem to like the races much, but I'll bite

Lightning Thunder appears to be the class here and I don't think the others here have shown themselves to be world beaters. Miss France is not here and the jockey switch is huge. ATR forecasts 4-1 on her which I would take all day long, but have to believe American markets will be much shorter.

I also think the American invader Rosalind does have a shot here and is the only one on a cutback. Finally I can't ignore Tapestry. O'Brien is starting to roll and this one was too bad to be true in the Guineas

Some_One
06-19-2014, 11:43 PM
:3: w :1: :5: :9: here

NJ Stinks
06-20-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm going with Lightning Thunder. Bentley to Peslier is a nice switch. Hoping for more than 4-1 but I guess it depends on how hard My Titania is bet.

Rosalind has cost me more than enough over here.

dkithore
06-20-2014, 05:16 AM
Flatstats (pitsburg phil) rates #2 (Jwonder) 10 points above Kiyoshi or Rizeena.

NJ Stinks
06-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Well, you were right, Al. I'm off Lightning Thunder at 5-2.

It's Lesstalk In Paris that appears to be fair value from where I sit.

OTM Al
06-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Well, you were right, Al. I'm off Lightning Thunder at 5-2.

It's Lesstalk In Paris that appears to be fair value from where I sit.

Would have liked to see what Rosalind would have done with this lot, but she was just money wasted two seconds in.

NJ Stinks
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Would have liked to see what Rosalind would have done with this lot, but she was just money wasted two seconds in.

Imagine having paid to ship all that way for that?

Nice pick, Letswastemoney. :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-03-2014, 10:04 AM
So Rosaland doesn't finish the race and BRIS gives her a class rating of 115???
She got a 114 when she won her maiden race.

BIG49010
07-03-2014, 03:38 PM
So Rosaland doesn't finish the race and BRIS gives her a class rating of 115???
She got a 114 when she won her maiden race.

Can you imagine sending her all the way there, then bringing her back to run again on Saturday? I watched the race, she ran for quite a while without jockey, it wasn't like they grabbed her 15 feet out of gate. I can't like her here, if she wins that would be amazing.