PDA

View Full Version : Svanstedt

pandy
06-19-2014, 11:04 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/pandolfo-svanstedt-living-american-dream

This guy is going to help make the U.S. trotting races more competitive.

cmp92
06-19-2014, 01:01 PM

I'm looking forward to the TVG FFA leg tomorrow. It'll be good to see a rematch between Sebastian K and Market Share.

mrroyboy
06-19-2014, 01:47 PM
He's a good driver with some good horses but if you don't mind I will stick with Brian Sears, Tim Tetrick, Gingra, Callahan etc.

pandy
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
He's a good driver with some good horses but if you don't mind I will stick with Brian Sears, Tim Tetrick, Gingra, Callahan etc.

In Europe, he was an elite driver and the trot races over there are much better, overall, than our races. As a driver of trotters, I'd rate him as high as any driver in the sport. I already caught a couple of nice overlays with him in the bike.

mrroyboy
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Ok I'm not saying not to bet him. He won't be anything special.

pandy
06-19-2014, 08:11 PM
You do know that he's already won two stakes races at the Meadowlands, with Sebastian K, and his filly, Heaven's Door, and he's only been in two stakes races. Sebastian K tied the world record. Heaven's Door, in her third start for him, trotted a :26.3 first quarter and bottomed out the field to win in 1:52 in a $100,000 Jersey sire stakes. The guy is a master.

cmp92
06-19-2014, 09:00 PM
You do know that he's already won two stakes races at the Meadowlands, with Sebastian K, and his filly, Heaven's Door, and he's only been in two stakes races. Sebastian K tied the world record. Heaven's Door, in her third start for him, trotted a :26.3 first quarter and bottomed out the field to win in 1:52 in a $100,000 Jersey sire stakes. The guy is a master.
Still early in the Grand Circuit season. But yes, he's off to a great start :ThmbUp:

Sea Biscuit
06-20-2014, 03:24 AM
Still early in the Grand Circuit season. But yes, he's off to a great start :ThmbUp:

He has invested a lot of money in the game since he moved his operations to the US.

He has purchased a training track facility in Florida and another in New Jersey.

This guy is serious about his business.

pandy
06-20-2014, 06:02 AM
It's great for U.S. harness scene to have a great horseman like this move his business here. He'll give Takter a lot of competition in the trotting stakes races. More competition means better racing.

cmp92
06-20-2014, 11:32 AM
It's great for U.S. harness scene to have a great horseman like this move his business here. He'll give Takter a lot of competition in the trotting stakes races. More competition means better racing.
Does he have any 3yo colt trotters? I'd hate to see Trixton and Father Patrick every Grand Circuit race being 1/9.

pandy
06-20-2014, 11:35 AM
39 of his 53 horses are two year olds.

cmp92
06-20-2014, 11:50 AM
39 of his 53 horses are two year olds.
So he's got a good shot at next year's Hambletonian.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-21-2014, 02:18 PM

Just wait until he learns how to train and race the pacers. I am glad that no article came out last fall or this past spring about his arrival. We followed him in Sweden and were waiting for him to start racing here.

LottaKash
06-21-2014, 05:16 PM
I have really taken by this guy's talent thus far....

Altho I haven't watched him in action in too many races, but, from what I have seen so far, I am very impressed by his horsemanship....Especially his driving talent....He is a natural, and he seems to get so much out of his drives....Imo, only the very best have this ability....The horses he has driven so far seem to respond magically to his inputs with the bit and lines...

I am looking forward to more of his harness exploits, both as a trainer and a driver...