PDA

View Full Version : California announcer switch

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2014, 01:23 PM
There's a different look in the announcers booth for a short time as frank mirahmadi (spelling) is gonna be calling SA while filling in for Trevor denman and taking franks place in the booth at Pleasanton is Marylands own Dave Rodman....

2 good announcers should give a different twist to the racing this week.....Pleasanton I believe is the fair track that has the golf course in the infield though I could be mistaken

Sad news is that with work I won't be participating in these pools this weekend...that's a disgrace in it's own respect!!

DJofSD
06-18-2014, 01:32 PM
As I recall, Trevor usually takes a break to return home before the DMR meeting starts.

Is that what's happening?

Rex Phinney
06-18-2014, 02:58 PM
As I recall, Trevor usually takes a break to return home before the DMR meeting starts.

Is that what's happening?

Yes, he is going to be back to call the Gold Cup I guess but he is trying to keep the same schedule as years past.

BlueShoe
06-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Sad news is that with work I won't be participating in these pools this weekend...that's a disgrace in it's own respect!!
Ah yes, like the old saying goes, "Work is the curse of the gambling class." :( ;) :D

ronsmac
06-18-2014, 03:19 PM
There's a different look in the announcers booth for a short time as frank mirahmadi (spelling) is gonna be calling SA while filling in for Trevor denman and taking franks place in the booth at Pleasanton is Marylands own Dave Rodman....

2 good announcers should give a different twist to the racing this week.....Pleasanton I believe is the fair track that has the golf course in the infield though I could be mistaken

That's a long trip for Dave Rodman. I know he'll do a great job.

dilanesp
06-18-2014, 03:50 PM

I bet it's his first time calling a mule race.

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2014, 04:23 PM

Rodman should be calling the SA races.....he's better then frank m.....and frank m is a great caller :ThmbUp:

Saratoga_Mike
06-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Rodman does a good job in MD - great voice for an announcer.

dilanesp
06-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Rodman should be calling the SA races.....he's better then frank m.....and frank m is a great caller :ThmbUp:

Yeah, but Frank can probably do a Dave Rodman impression.

wiffleball whizz
06-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Both announcers love the action too.....

Off topic but read a article saying durkin waited till colmus got the CD job before before he announced retirement..... If so that's a strong move

ronsmac
06-18-2014, 08:35 PM
:19: Rodman should be calling the SA races.....he's better then frank m.....and frank m is a great caller :ThmbUp:You get no argument from me.

Stillriledup
06-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Frank M needs to do some impression in the final race, but i'm pretty sure he won't. His calls have been understated so far in his temp gig replacing Trevor, but he should call like he normally calls, he needs to add a little life to them.

v j stauffer
06-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Been a pleasure hearing Frank M. filling in for Trevor at Santa Anita. Testament to his talent and commitment to choosing correct paths. They will never lead one astray.

Well done Mirror Man.

Having Dave Rodman at Pleasanton for 7 days will be big fun. The voice of the Preakness for many years is a great announcer.