PDA

View Full Version : Getting the right price

dav4463
04-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Has anybody ever tried handicapping only the horses that fit a particular odds range? For example at three MTP, you look at only horses between 4-1 and 9-1, and then quickly look at the racing form and make a decision to win only. I have done this in the past when pressed for time.....the quick scan allowed me to eliminate the worst of the Beyers, and poor class/distance fits among the odds range horses, eliminate the worst early speed and the worst jockey and make a quick decision. I won some races and felt kind of guilty because I didn't feel like I was working hard enough !

kenwoodallpromos
04-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Maybe you normally look at too much info or 2nd guess!

bettheoverlay
04-24-2004, 03:43 PM
I have been strictly a longshot player most of my life, 6/1 minimum. But my dream is to find a consistently successful approach playing only horses between the odds of 2/1 and 5/1. I'm getting too impatient with the losing streaks when betting high odds horses.

Currently fooling around with the 2 top Bris Prime Power #s if they are within 3 pts of each other. Taking out negatives like no race in 45 days, dropping in class after an in the money finish and a few others, and then betting whats left in the 2/1 - 5/1 range.

Playing 8+ tracks per day, I haven't had a losing day in my first 5 tries. Unfortunately, I know it won't last.