PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves.

Pages : [1] 2

Stillriledup
06-15-2014, 05:21 PM
I have plenty. :D

1) People who are the first in line at the turn arrow and they just sit there and are like "ok, its green, let me go now, i don't care that this light takes 3 seconds, its all good in the hood, i could care less if the 5th car behind me has to wait another 3 mins and 45 seconds to get the NEXT green arrow"

2) People who pay with plastic in the express line. EVER HEARD OF CASH!

3) When baseball games show a highlight of a guy hitting a homerun and you think "oh crap the game is over" only to realize that is just a meaningless highlight.

andtheyreoff
06-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Your posts.

johnhannibalsmith
06-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Your posts.

:lol: :lol:

Ji-cT58rgNc

wiffleball whizz
06-15-2014, 06:40 PM
When somebody says the underdog has nothing to lose.....dumbest sports expression of all time

Tom
06-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Idiots who think riding a motorcycles means gunning it and seeing how loud it can get.

I get it that the bike is the only thing of substance between their legs.....

Total morons who have bass boosters in their cars and you can hear them 4 block away.

People who hold up the line at the check out while they answer a phone call. I swear, one day I will take the phone from them and throw it down the aisle.

elysiantraveller
06-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Tardiness.

thaskalos
06-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Attractive women who walk next to me while talking on the phone, with their hair concealing their wireless earpiece...causing me to turn around, thinking(hoping?) that they are talking to me.

Stillriledup
06-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Idiots who think riding a motorcycles means gunning it and seeing how loud it can get.

I get it that the bike is the only thing of substance between their legs.....

Total morons who have bass boosters in their cars and you can hear them 4 block away.

People who hold up the line at the check out while they answer a phone call. I swear, one day I will take the phone from them and throw it down the aisle.

I agree..if you're going to blast your car radio with the windows open, make sure the song is actually good. :D

Stillriledup
06-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Attractive women who walk next to me while talking on the phone, with their hair concealing their wireless earpiece...causing me to turn around thinking(hoping?) that they are talking to me.

How about this one. Women who aren't all that attractive who avoid making eye contact while walking past you on the street as if to say "dont talk to me or hit on me, i'm too good looking for you". :rolleyes:

thaskalos
06-15-2014, 07:33 PM
How about this one. Women who aren't all that attractive who avoid making eye contact while walking past you on the street as if to say "dont talk to me or hit on me, i'm too good looking for you". :rolleyes:

True story from about a year ago:

I am at a grocery store shopping for my mother...and I am on the phone with her while I am waiting in line at the deli, as she is telling me some more things that she remembered for me to get. As I am talking to her -- with my attention focused on the phone call -- I happen to be looking straight at an 80-year-old lady who was standing next to me...without realizing that I am staring at her.

I end the phone call...and the old lady says to me in a loud voice:

"Young man...will you please stop undressing me with your eyes?"

EMD4ME
06-15-2014, 07:57 PM

1) People who are the first in line at the turn arrow and they just sit there and are like "ok, its green, let me go now, i don't care that this light takes 3 seconds, its all good in the hood, i could care less if the 5th car behind me has to wait another 3 mins and 45 seconds to get the NEXT green arrow"

3) When baseball games show a highlight of a guy hitting a homerun and you think "oh crap the game is over" only to realize that is just a meaningless highlight.

Number 1.......Aaaarggghhh, that burns me. That is why I have no shame in timing the left turn light, blowing up next to them in the "straight lane", make my left right in front of them , cutting them off and then giving them a middle finger as I pull away. I hate and I mean hate people with no respect for others on the road. It's a privilege, not a right.

My #1 pet peeve... drivers in the left lane who are not passing. They don't have a soul ahead of them for a mile but they mosey Posey evenly next to the car to their right. Hey ass whole, pass and get back over.

098poi
06-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Your posts.

Post of the year. Concise and on point! No offense SRU but you opened yourself up for that one.

RunForTheRoses
06-15-2014, 08:04 PM
True story from about a year ago:

I am at a grocery store shopping for my mother...and I am on the phone with her while I am waiting in line at the deli, as she is telling me some more things that she remembered for me to get. As I am talking to her -- with my attention focused on the phone call -- I happen to be looking straight at an 80-year-old lady who was standing next to me...without realizing that I am staring at her.

I end the phone call...and the old lady says to me in a loud voice:

"Young man...will you please stop undressing me with your eyes?"
PERVERT!!
:D

zico20
06-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Women in grocery stores who park their cart in the middle of the aisle and walk down the aisle to get an item. When I was younger I used to ram their cart to get by but now I just take a couple of items out of their cart and hide them.

People who use the word nothing instead of anything.

Robert Goren
06-15-2014, 08:52 PM

3) When baseball games show a highlight of a guy hitting a homerun and you think "oh crap the game is over" only to realize that is just a meaningless highlight. I hate people who spend 2 or 3 minutes fumbling cash(usually exact change) in the express lane. EVER HEARD OF PLASTIC. IT IS THE LATEST THING. JUST SWIPE AND GO. TAKES 3 SECONDS.:lol: :lol: :lol:

tucker6
06-15-2014, 09:06 PM
The worst is people who still pay for groceries with checks. :bang:

Relwob Owner
06-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Your posts.

One of the best I have read in a while :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
06-15-2014, 10:12 PM
I hate people who spend 2 or 3 minutes fumbling cash(usually exact change) in the express lane. EVER HEARD OF PLASTIC. IT IS THE LATEST THING. JUST SWIPE AND GO. TAKES 3 SECONDS.:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the thing RG, its always someone in front of me (or you) that swipes and the little machine doesn't read the card. So they have to get the plastic bag out to swipe it. Happens all the time.

You're right though, i can't stand people who stand on line waiting forever and when they get up to pay, they don't have their money ready.

cj's dad
06-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Any team from Pittsburgh

The use of the word "actually"- it changes nothing in any sentence.

Texting while driving.

Women not putting up the toilet seat when done.

Uncontrolled children ( especially in grocery stores)

Made up first names.

People who only get involved with soccer during the World Cup.

Jaywalkers - JR can verify this problem here in B'more.

Liberty Mutual commercials- I never realized how stupid white males were

jballscalls
06-16-2014, 10:29 AM
texting while driving.
people who are late.
What Andtheyreoff said in post #2
People with loud bass in their car
people who plug their products all the time on social media

BlueShoe
06-16-2014, 10:34 AM
2) People who pay with plastic in the express line. EVER HEARD OF CASH!.
The person that has 17 items in the 10 item or less express line. They wait until after everything has been scanned and bagged and then, while the cashier is waiting patiently, they slowly fumble in pocket or purse for a debit card. They then swipe their card upside down, and after getting help from the cashier, they cannot remember their PIN, and stand there with a stupid blank look on their face. After memory returns, they then request cash back, which adds more time to the transaction. When all is finally done, the time they used up could have served four or five patrons behind them that had the proper number of items and payed with cash.

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 10:42 AM
The Lincoln race track use to have a window for win, place and show wagers so you wouldn't have to stand behind somebody who was reeling off a bunch of exotic combinations. The exotic bettors ignored the sign and the teller took their bets any way. I use to get so steamed because I have always waited until the seconds to make my win wagers. It is not the exotic bettors had any idea of what odds they getting any way.

BlueShoe
06-16-2014, 10:43 AM
People who do this at the track when it is their turn at the teller or Sam window right at post time and stand there talking instead of betting. So far I have dodged it, but if ever one of these dolts shuts me out there is going to be a brawl.

DJofSD
06-16-2014, 11:21 AM
People that say I could care less when they actually mean I could not care less.

Rise Over Run
06-16-2014, 11:25 AM
People who wait for the last second to make win wagers and then get steamed when they get shut out.

Ocala Mike
06-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Amazing thread.

I thought I was an outlier for getting pissed at so many of these pretty much daily occurences. Turns out I am in the mainstream of PA members (which may be a pet peeve in and of itself!).

Carry on!

_______
06-16-2014, 01:19 PM
People who walk slow and don't walk straight at the airport or other confined space. You can do one or the other, not both.

People who saunter through the crosswalk while I'm waiting to make a turn. I understand you have the right of way. That doesn't mean you have to be a dick. The world works so much better when we're considerate to one another. And I don't really give a $&!? about your cool roll.

_______
06-16-2014, 01:24 PM
On the OP's left turn arrow rant:

At 2 am when there is no other vehicle on the road within a mile of me, I'm going to make a left turn against the red arrow. Otherwise, it's the triumph of form over substance.

TJDave
06-16-2014, 01:31 PM
The person that has 17 items in the 10 item or less express line.

The people who make an issue of you having a few more than 10 items.

Major league dicks.

BlueShoe
06-16-2014, 01:44 PM
The people who make an issue of you having a few more than 10 items.

Major league dicks.
People that think that they are somehow special, and that rules and guidelines that others follow do not apply to them, because they have no consideration for others and think that their instant gratification and imagined wants and needs are the most important things in the world.

BettinBilly
06-16-2014, 01:49 PM
ON THE ROAD;

Drivers that are in the left hand passing lane, 5 or 10 MPH under the speed limit, oblivious that 200 cars are forced to pass on the right.

Drivers who pass you on the highway, pull in front of you, and then slow down to below your cruising speed. You pull out to pass, they speed up, you pull behind them, they slow down, and the game goes on. These people are obviously retired Parade Directors and just have to be the leader of the caravan.

Tractor Trailer drivers who drive two abreast 10 mph under the speed limit in split speed states for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

Drivers incredibly slow off the mark for left hand turn arrows. I've actually timed a record 14 seconds. This is a real issue with a 20 second green arrow.

Drivers who do not know to move to the center of an intersection for a left hand turn for intersections without an arrow, to wait for oncoming traffic to stop so they can turn left. I've been behind drivers that sit through three or four light cycles waiting for absolutely no oncoming traffic so they can turn left.

Ribbernecking Drivers who slow WAY down or actually stop to take a real good look at a cop's flashing mesmerizing lights, or an accident. I was on a highway once where the driver in front actually came to a full stop in the passing lane to take a good look at the OPPOSING HIGHWAY lane's accident.

Drivers who slow to 15 or 20 MPH below the speed limit because the see a cop anywhere for any reason. Are you feeling THAT guilty that you have to slow to 30 percent below the speed limit because you see a cop sitting in the meridian?

Cops who show up the one time you have to put on extra speed to pass the idiot that keeps speeding up when you try and pass him.

Cops who say "Have a nice day" when they hand you a ticket.

Cops who are never there when you need them.

Yes, I used to be a road warrior. 30 years of witnessing driving pet peeves over hundreds of thousands of miles.

IN PUBLIC;

People who insist on getting ON the Elevator before you can get OFF the Elevator.

Uncontrolled children with parents ignoring their behavior

Incessant barking dogs (I love dogs, but do you really NOT hear your dog barking in the front yard from 9 PM until 5 AM?)

People that talk, use their phone, laugh incredibly loud or are otherwise obnoxious in movie theaters, YET, if you so much as clear your throat, they turn around and say, "Hey, Be Quiet. I'm trying to watch a movie!".

ON AIRPLANES;

People who throw their seats back without looking behind to see if I'm working or have my head forward. It is their right to recline, just use a little caution so you don't knock over my drink or hit my laptop or my head.
ON the FLIP SIDE-
People who tell me I CAN'T recline my seat because I am invading their space. Can I get a refund for a non reclining seat? ;)

SCREAMING KIDS ON AIRPLANES. I hate flying "Screaming Baby Express". I'm sure you do too. Blood pressure 220/150.

Southwest Flight Attendants who insist on rehearsing for their entertaining career during a long night flight by telling jokes and singing and playing inflight games at 1 AM over the intercom. Some of us just may be exhausted from a 15 hour day and might like to sleep at 1 AM? Just a thought.

AT THE TRACK;

Bettors at the window who are apparently talking about the weather with the clerk in stead of placing clear, concise bets (I know we all have seen this)

The guy who brags he has the WINNER no matter WHICH HORSE WINS. Once heard a guy say, "#2 yea! I got that horse, I got that horse!" then there was an inquire, 2 was DQ'd, #5 then WON. He says, "YEA! NUMBER FIVE! I GOT THAT HORSE! YEA!" Damn. Dude must place a WIN bet across the board on every race.

Guys who use incredibly foul language when children or wives/girlfriends are within earshot. Come on. At least bee a semi-gentlemen!

NJ Stinks
06-16-2014, 03:15 PM
1. People who refuse to experience the thrill of a nice bet

2. People who use the word "we" when discussing the local pro or college team

3. People who wouldn't look at a newspaper if the newspaper was free

4. Loud music being played endlessly at a minor league baseball game

5. Parents who make no effort to control their kids

6. People who expect something for nothing

7. Reality shows

8. People who can’t accept no for an answer

9. Kids who waste their youth inside

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
There actually a rule in Nebraska and I suspect in other states on how many cars can make a left turn the yellow. Here it is 3. If your the 4th car through and you get hit, it your fault. If you are the 3rd car though, it is the other guys fault. JustRalph can probably tell you more about the rule in other states.

Tom
06-16-2014, 03:25 PM

Say whaaaaat?????? :confused::lol::lol::lol:

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 03:30 PM
1. People who refuse to experience the thrill of a nice bet

2. People who use the word "we" when discussing the local pro or college team

3. People who wouldn't look at a newspaper if the newspaper was free

4. Loud music being played endlessly at a minor league baseball game

5. Parents who make no effort to control their kids

7. Reality shows

8. People who can’t accept no for an answer

9. Kids who waste their youth inside A universal gripe. Even people who can't control their own kids bitch when it is somebody who can't do it.
On number 2, I have been told that the people who own the teams like it when people say "we". They feel like they are a part of the team and buy more team related stuff.

Stillriledup
06-16-2014, 03:47 PM
People that think that they are somehow special, and that rules and guidelines that others follow do not apply to them, because they have no consideration for others and think that their instant gratification and imagined wants and needs are the most important things in the world.

There are SO many people out there who think that its their road, their world and we have to wait extra time for them to cross the street, its like they seem to walk slow on purpose....i'm not saying to run, but geez, at least PRETEND that you're trying to walk faster.

BlueShoe
06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
There are SO many people out there who think that its their road, their world and we have to wait extra time for them to cross the street, its like they seem to walk slow on purpose....i'm not saying to run, but geez, at least PRETEND that you're trying to walk faster.
In California these people are known as illegal aliens, who seem to brought this attitude with them when they committed a crime by crossing our borders. :mad: :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
06-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Loud music being played endlessly at a minor league baseball gameLoud music being play any time, any place.
People who expect something for nothingAKA Liberal Democrats.

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Loud music being play any time, any place.
AKA Liberal Democrats.or Rich Republicans.

098poi
06-16-2014, 06:41 PM
My big pet peeve (someone may have mentioned this) is web sites that have audio as soon as you get to their page. A song or some guy yacking away. Number 1 taboo on the web.

EMD4ME
06-16-2014, 06:54 PM
People who show zero regard for an appointment and no show.

Trying to make a left into an intersection, only to have a pedestrian start crossing (who wasn't starting until I started turning of course) after I've already started my committed turn, which causes me to stop and wait for the oncoming truck (in the oncoming lane) to come perilously close to ending my life as this inconsiderate, stupid, self centered, no respect for the road, deserves to get run over moron slowwwwwwly takes one inch at a time to cross the street.

Luckily, every on coming car has stopped before hitting me as they know the pedestrian is at fault. I swear, if it comes between me getting hit and me hitting a pedestrian, I will gladly roll into the intersection as the idiot takes his time crossing and wipe him/her out before any damage comes to me.

Before anyone asks, why would you turn if you're unsure if a pedestrian is crossing? I'm in NYC, everything is fast, go or get eaten. If a pedestrian isn't moving and my light is green, I go. It's the new age idiots that invoke their 'I'm a pedestrian' so I'll make you stop attitude that drives me bonkers.

Stillriledup
06-16-2014, 07:11 PM
People who show zero regard for an appointment and no show.

Trying to make a left into an intersection, only to have a pedestrian start crossing (who wasn't starting until I started turning of course) after I've already started my committed turn, which causes me to stop and wait for the oncoming truck (in the oncoming lane) to come perilously close to ending my life as this inconsiderate, stupid, self centered, no respect for the road, deserves to get run over moron slowwwwwwly takes one inch at a time to cross the street.

Luckily, every on coming car has stopped before hitting me as they know the pedestrian is at fault. I swear, if it comes between me getting hit and me hitting a pedestrian, I will gladly roll into the intersection as the idiot takes his time crossing and wipe him/her out before any damage comes to me.

Before anyone asks, why would you turn if you're unsure if a pedestrian is crossing? I'm in NYC, everything is fast, go or get eaten. If a pedestrian isn't moving and my light is green, I go. It's the new age idiots that invoke their 'I'm a pedestrian' so I'll make you stop attitude that drives me bonkers.

When i'm crossing at the green on a side street, i make sure that the person making the left doesn't have a clear path, very few people are self aware enough to think this far ahead, i don't ever remember seeing it other than the times i do it.

EMD4ME
06-16-2014, 07:13 PM
When i'm crossing at the green on a side street, i make sure that the person making the left doesn't have a clear path, very few people are self aware enough to think this far ahead, i don't ever remember seeing it other than the times i do it.

I sincerely appreciate that, seriously. I seriously do the same thing for 2 reasons. 1) I am a considerate human being 2) I am a driver as well. I consider their rights.

You are a rarity and appreciated.

Stillriledup
06-16-2014, 07:41 PM
I sincerely appreciate that, seriously. I seriously do the same thing for 2 reasons. 1) I am a considerate human being 2) I am a driver as well. I consider their rights.

You are a rarity and appreciated.

I "do unto others" when i'm a pedestrian for sure, too bad many others aren't thinking the same, i see so many stupid moves by pedestrians on a daily basis its incredible how more people don't get run over.

Oh yeah, and the blinking hand, very few people even watch that, if the 'coast is clear' they're crossing the street.

tucker6
06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
My big pet peeve (someone may have mentioned this) is web sites that have audio as soon as you get to their page. A song or some guy yacking away. Number 1 taboo on the web.
That's why I have sound set for mute until I want to hear something.

DJofSD
06-16-2014, 08:35 PM
In FF, I have the Plug in for Shockwave Flash set to "Ask to Activate" which means no web page ever starts spouting off suddenly. If there is a video or audio clip and I wish to activate it, a click or two and it's playing.

EMD4ME
06-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Jockeys who have 5 across dueling in front of them who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by refusing to rate off a duel and sending 6w into the fry job!

Going above and beyond to holding a door for someone and they walk through without saying thank you.

Neighbors who blast music at all points of the day/night with no regard for their neighbors.

Buying 3 drinks and not getting a buy back.

Cashing a voucher for 1002 and not getting the 2 bucks until I ask for it.

Telling the toll booth clerk thank you and not getting a you're welcome.

Tom
06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
or Rich Republicans.

People who whine about successful people.
Who would you leech off from if they were not there?

thaskalos
06-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Who would you leech off from if they were not there?

People who whine when the poor leech off from the rich.

As you say...whom are they supposed to leech off from?

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Who would you leech off from if they were not there? Who said all rich people successful?

PhantomOnTour
06-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Folks who have the right of way and they don't take it, so we wind up sitting there in some kind of idiot standoff for a few seconds.

I'm afraid to go because if he then takes his right of way and we come together, it's my fault.

Robert Goren
06-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Folks who have the right of way and they don't take it, so we wind up sitting there in some kind of idiot standoff for a few seconds.

I'm afraid to go because if he then takes his right of way and we come together, it's my fault.Been there and yes, they said it was my fault.

EMD4ME
06-16-2014, 10:46 PM
People who stand in a public parking spot and say I'm holding it for someone (who's no where near by)

Stillriledup
06-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Jockeys who have 5 across dueling in front of them who snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by refusing to rate off a duel and sending 6w into the fry job!

Going above and beyond to holding a door for someone and they walk through without saying thank you.

Neighbors who blast music at all points of the day/night with no regard for their neighbors.

Buying 3 drinks and not getting a buy back.

Cashing a voucher for 1002 and not getting the 2 bucks until I ask for it.

Telling the toll booth clerk thank you and not getting a you're welcome.

When i cash a voucher and its a little bit over some nice round number, i keep my hands off all the money and then pretend to play with my phone until all the money is on the counter.

You have to act like you're in no hurry at all. Works every time. :D

proximity
06-17-2014, 02:27 AM
People who stand in a public parking spot and say I'm holding it for someone (who's no where near by)

lately I've seen people taking up multiple parking spaces in casino/racino parking garages, some of them parking the middle of their car right on the line. other idiots sometimes park in a space to your left with their passenger's side right on or up against the line, giving you limited room to open your door when you get back to your car.

EMD4ME
06-17-2014, 07:14 AM
lately I've seen people taking up multiple parking spaces in casino/racino parking garages, some of them parking the middle of their car right on the line. other idiots sometimes park in a space to your left with their passenger's side right on or up against the line, giving you limited room to open your door when you get back to your car.

As my dad would say "four flat tires".... that will teach them. No slash, just let the air out of the tires ;)

rastajenk
06-17-2014, 07:28 AM
In the category of driving, I have a relatively new peeve, as if I needed one. I wonder if this is going on everywhere, or just around here, but I've seen it more and more, and it is usually older people guilty of it:

Stopping at a light or intersection a car length or more (sometimes two lengths) short of the norm. For what purpose?

I'm not talking about politely giving a little more room to traffic turning in front of them. I'm talking about starting the queue so far back that it has consequences behind them, not that they'd ever care about that. Do they need a rolling start? (All starts are rolling.) Are they afraid of debris should a collision occur in front of them? What are they thinking? If they need more space to control their cars, perhaps they shouldn't be driving in the first place. :mad:

DJofSD
06-17-2014, 08:45 AM
New articles of clothing seem to have way too many tags, you know, the ones that have to be removed before you can wear them.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
People who whine when the poor leech off from the rich.

As you say...whom are they supposed to leech off from?
The correct answer is no one. Instead of leeching they should eliminate bad habits, educate themselves, and then find a job and work hard at it. This is the American way. Conservatives get it and expect and practice this concept. Liberals do not, instead they find it easier to just print and hand out those welfare checks and food stamps.

PhantomOnTour
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
The correct answer is no one. Instead of leeching they should eliminate bad habits, educate themselves, and then find a job and work hard at it. This is the American way. Conservatives get it and expect and practice this concept. Liberals do not, instead they find it easier to just print and hand out those welfare checks and food stamps.
Those who inject politics into everything because they are too upset with Obama and too serious to recognize a joke.

Dark Horse
06-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Barking dogs in backyards, and their good for nothing owners.

Mike Smith on a favorite.

That's about it.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
A cheap low level five horse field at Golden Gate with Russell Baze on the odds on favorite.

Ocala Mike
06-17-2014, 11:49 AM
When i cash a voucher and its a little bit over some nice round number, i keep my hands off all the money and then pretend to play with my phone until all the money is on the counter.

You have to act like you're in no hurry at all. Works every time. :D

"Change scrapers" who hold up the betting lines by playing with their phones instead of considering the people behind them.

Stillriledup
06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
"Change scrapers" who hold up the betting lines by playing with their phones instead of considering the people behind them.

I'm keenly aware of the exact second the teller has finished his transaction, i'm not holding up any lines. In fact, if there's 15 seconds to post for a race and i just want to cash a ticket while not making a wager, i'll wait till the race starts just so i won't inconvenience anyone. You would be lucky to be behind me at a live teller or sam machine, i can read body language of bettors when they're 'antsy' to wager, i do my best to not let them get shut out...not to mention that if you have a keen eye, you can piggyback my selections. ;)

ManU918
06-17-2014, 03:32 PM
- When parents let their kids run around at restaurants, stores, etc doing whatever they want

- When people double dip (let's say your at a party or have friends over one guy takes a chip dips it bites it then using the same chip re-dips it in the dip.)

- When people say their from Philly then you ask them what part and they live in Jersey.

- People who say soccer is boring but will watch a 5 hour baseball game.

- People who don't tip well when the service is good

- Girls who wear shirts that show their stomach who shouldn't be showing their stomach

- Guys who walk around without a shirt on who should be wearing a bra and a shirt not walking around shirtless.

- People who start talking about religion or politics outside of their own home

- Fat people who goto McDonald's order half the menu then get a diet soda.

- Any driver on the road who is not trying to get from point A to point B with some urgency.

- When your sitting somewhere waiting for something (appointment,etc) and there are 100 seats in the place and the only other person in the place sits beside you.

- When you hold the door for somebody and they just walk through it without saying thank your or acknowledging you at all.

I can go on forever so I'll just stop here.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 04:18 PM
-- People who say soccer is boring but will watch a 5 hour baseball game.
Guilty as charged.

Stillriledup
06-17-2014, 04:42 PM
- When parents let their kids run around at restaurants, stores, etc doing whatever they want

- When people double dip (let's say your at a party or have friends over one guy takes a chip dips it bites it then using the same chip re-dips it in the dip.)

- When people say their from Philly then you ask them what part and they live in Jersey.

- Girls who wear shirts that show their stomach who shouldn't be showing their stomach

- Guys who walk around without a shirt on who should be wearing a bra and a shirt not walking around shirtless.

- People who start talking about religion or politics outside of their own home

- Girls who have a jungle downstairs

- Any driver on the road who is not trying to get from point A to point B with some urgency.

- When your sitting somewhere waiting for something (appointment,etc) and there are 100 seats in the place and the only other person in the place sits beside you.

- When you hold the door for somebody and they just walk through it without saying thank your or acknowledging you at all.

Great post.

BettinBilly
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Barking dogs in backyards, and their good for nothing owners.

That's about it.

Short and to the point. Love it.

I lived 5 long years next to a Yellow Lab that barked morning noon and night right outside my bedroom window, so I get that big time. Was never so happy to move. It's odd that people who own dogs don't seem to hear them barking, or, they just don't give a damn.

Mike Smith on a Favorite. Another :D

DJofSD
06-17-2014, 07:55 PM

Substitute cars and parking lots and I'm right there with you.

BettinBilly
06-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Substitute cars and parking lots and I'm right there with you.

Indeed. I had this happen in 2000. I know because my company just leased me a beautiful new Benz S-500. Pulled into a parking lot to make a call and scoped out a nice area with no cars for about 15 rows, some guy pulls RIGHT next to me, and his lady opens her door WHAM right into my brand new car (well, the Company's brand new car). Nice little dent.

I mean, come on! WTF. Are you really THAT IGNORANT?

JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE;

When I was working in Miami, I had a Sunpass Transponder for the Sunpass Lanes so you don't have to goof around with tolls. You just zip through.

Pet Peeve - People who get in the Sunpass lanes and sit there because they didn't read the signs or CAN'T read the signs and the gate never lifts and you and the cars behind you have to wait for an attendant or back up and use another lane.

DJofSD
06-18-2014, 01:22 PM
I've just realized I have a new pet peeve.

Twitter accounts that post sports scores. I wish they'd separate out the blow-by-blow reporting of sports scores from other noteworthy tweets. That way, I have a choice of knowing scores.

BlueChip@DRF
06-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Some may be repeated because I have the same pet peeves:

Non-passers in the passing lane.

Drivers talking on their cell while in the passing lane.

People of expect something for nothing.

"Knockout" - whoever throws the punch should be shot right on the spot.

People who always brag about how much they win/won - but you never hear about their losses.

People who start to handicap the race at the window when they are up to make a bet.

Cab drivers who cut off the entire 5-lane avenue just to pick up a fare on the opposite side.

Hot sales girls who go cold on you when you are not interested in the item they are trying to sell but them instead.

The guy at work who says I can't handicap for s**t yet he tries to find out which horse I like so he can bet more on it to one-up me.

Gappers - drivers who stay at least 4 car lengths behind another car in traffic.

Customers of any venue who think they own the place.

RaceBookJoe
06-18-2014, 03:06 PM
I will go with a tie between "political correctness" and "entitlement/victimhood mentality" or maybe just lump it into the "pussification of America"

BlueShoe
06-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Gappers - drivers who stay at least 4 car lengths behind another car in traffic.
Sorry, but this may be safe driving depending on their speed. The old rule that I learned long, long ago is that for every 10 mph speed the correct distance is one car length behind. Thus at 40 mph 4 car lengths behind is correct, at 60 mph, 6 lengths behind, etc. I detest tailgaters, and when one becomes overly aggressive I will usually take steps to annoy him even more. On my side, have never rear ended another vehicle, for the simple reason that I do not tailgate and keep a proper distance.

rastajenk
06-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Me too, and one of my driving peeves is people that think every void needs filled. I have my reasons for maintaining some space, because I'm thinking ahead and picking my spots, and that's easier to do with some clearance.

Tom
06-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Having had my car totaled by a tailgater last year, I have zero tolerance.
If you get close to my rear end, I drop down to 15 mph and stay there.

Grits
06-18-2014, 05:21 PM
The word, anyways.

Cheapskates (by preference)

BettinBilly
06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
As long as we are talking "Correct use of English";

Substituting YOUR for the contraction YOU'RE and VS VS.

I see it all the time.

Someone types, "I think YOUR correct." Really? You Are? As in YOU'RE perhaps?

And I've seen the opposite.

"What's You're opinion?" Really? What is You Are Opinion? My opinion is your English needs a brush up because you're using YOUR and YOU'RE incorrectly. :)

EMD4ME
06-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Sorry, but this may be safe driving depending on their speed. The old rule that I learned long, long ago is that for every 10 mph speed the correct distance is one car length behind. Thus at 40 mph 4 car lengths behind is correct, at 60 mph, 6 lengths behind, etc. I detest tailgaters, and when one becomes overly aggressive I will usually take steps to annoy him even more. On my side, have never rear ended another vehicle, for the simple reason that I do not tailgate and keep a proper distance.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I have been driving for over 22 years. My average speed is 70 (in NYC). I am neither too aggressive nor dangerous. My simple defensive driving philosophy is this.... if I am passing everyone ALL the time, I will never be in an accident unless I hit someone from behind (and that will never happen quite frankly because I don't take chances). I have never ever been in an accident and I am completely smug about it. why? Because I am that damn good (while super efficient).

I tailgate sometimes.... when do I? When the jerkoff in front of me (in a fast lane, never the slower lane) is A) completely brain dead and doesn't understand the rules of the road B) is ignorant and doesn't understand the rules of the road C) purposely goes slow or doesn't pass cars while they are in the passing lane and you guessed it.... doesn't understand or RESPECT the rules of the road.

I've counted....i've driven over 330,000 miles. All of those miles were smooth (no choppy stop and starts, not weaving like a psycho etc.) Not one fender bender (stating this for legitimacy purposes) but you don't need 6 car spaces while you go 60. You need reflexes, a brain, RESPECT for the rules of the road and in the event that I am tailgating a jerk off in the left lane, I am still ready to completely stop if the jerk off decides to come to a complete stop in 2 seconds.

New Jersey was an awesome state for allowing their cops to pull people over for DRIVING TOO slow in the left lane and for not passing while occupying the left lane.

I hate people who say : (insert screechy stupid voice here) i'm going 55 in a 55. Why is this guy up my ass? ( as they mosey posey their way in the left lane)

Rant over :D

tucker6
06-18-2014, 08:03 PM
People that write emails and cards and substitute "you" with a "u". I'm not on twitter folks. If I wanted to decipher your jargon, I'd get on twitter.

OntheRail
06-19-2014, 12:22 AM
People who eat items while in the store.

People who don't understand Yield means them... not everyone will give way for them.

Stillriledup
06-22-2014, 12:05 AM

People who don't understand Yield means them... not everyone will give way for them.

I saw this recently at the food bar, guy was digging his grubby hands in there and just sampling the stuff like he owned the place.

Totally gross.

Stillriledup
06-22-2014, 12:06 AM

No doubt, i HATE the tailgaiter stuff, if someone is riding my ass, i slow down until they go around me, i'm not putting up with that nonsense.

Btw, how are you feeling these days from the accident, give us an update if you don't mind. ?

Dahoss2002
06-22-2014, 02:30 AM
Slow horses......Older women.... no money ......
http://youtu.be/vnvMcX95G20

Actor
06-22-2014, 03:50 AM
I have plenty. Restaurants that serve soft drinks that have gone flat, i.e., no fizz. Lately every single restaurant I've gone to has been guilty of it. Back in the day some restaurants would bring you a chilled, still sealed bottle and a chilled glass of ice. :bang: I think the problem is that they are trying to save money by not loading the machine with enough CO2.
Bills where the perf and the fold in the paper are about one millimeter apart. Minor thing but it drives me nuts. :bang:
Bills that advise "allow ten days for your payment to be posted" but which arrive in the mail with only seven days to go. Adding insult to injury the bill is dated the 5th of the month but arrives on the 18th, meaning the date is either a lie or the bill hung around their mail room for two weeks. :bang:

BlueChip@DRF
06-22-2014, 07:38 AM
New Jersey was an awesome state for allowing their cops to pull people over for DRIVING TOO slow in the left lane and for not passing while occupying the left lane.

Where the hell are these cops? They're not on 3, 95, or 287 doing that. I wish I could see that happen. They are usually pulling trucks over by Exit 11 on 95-S.

I spend 90% of the time in the left lane when I drive, except when there's heavy traffic, then I go into the right/exit-enter lane as it seems to have more movement when there's volume.

BlueChip@DRF
06-22-2014, 07:40 AM

This happens quite often when I am entering 287-S from Exit 10.

BlueChip@DRF
06-22-2014, 07:46 AM

A few months ago I had the same thing happen to me on 95-S near exit 15. I was going 75-80 in the passing lane but there was some volume. I see a car tailgaiting me and I'm like no way am I pushing it with this many cars around. I couldn't even get into the middle lane to let him go by, but the tailgaiter was still insistent on giving me some sort of colonoscopy. I started to drift down to 70 and then ..... That same car tailgating me flashed on his hidden lights. I thought I was caught for speeding because then I when up to 85 to get into a gap two cars in front. But I got lucky as that car just zipped by me.

Last night I was doing 80 on 95-N and this motorcycle zipped right by me. It must have been doing at least 110.

Tom
06-22-2014, 08:48 AM
No doubt, i HATE the tailgaiter stuff, if someone is riding my ass, i slow down until they go around me, i'm not putting up with that nonsense.

Btw, how are you feeling these days from the accident, give us an update if you don't mind. ?

I'm fine. Nothing really but a bit sore the next few days.
The voices in my head are getting quieter, and the ringing goes away after an hour or so now. Colors ar coming back slowly - got reds and greens now.

:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

EMD4ME
06-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Where the hell are these cops? They're not on 3, 95, or 287 doing that. I wish I could see that happen. They are usually pulling trucks over by Exit 11 on 95-S.

I spend 90% of the time in the left lane when I drive, except when there's heavy traffic, then I go into the right/exit-enter lane as it seems to have more movement when there's volume.

Sadly those cops are probably too busy finding other violations instead of that classic rule which is ignored :bang:

I sadly spend most of my time zigging and zagging (safely and courteously) through the middle and right lanes (non passing lanes unfortunately) because those NASCAR (sarcastic) drivers in the passing (left) lane are too busy creating traffic.

Only once in a while do I purposely ride someone's ass in the left lane. I do it to slowly educate 1 idiot at a time that they shouldn't be in that lane and that they are being disrespectful to other drivers.

Sadly very rarely do they learn and move over. I've realized they do it on purpose. Probably because they are failures in other aspects of life and this is one way to overcompensate for those failures (by making others wait and get angry behind their stupid asses).

BlueShoe
06-22-2014, 11:43 AM
A few years ago I was given as a present a license plate holder frame that had on it the words "The closer you get the slower I go." Never did put it on, perhaps I should find it and do so.

If a tailgater gets really close and aggressive and you want to piss him off and deliver a message, there is a little trick that you might wish to try. Just turn on your window washer spray and wiper blades and do your windows. Makes no difference if it is 90 with nary a cloud in sight and your windows are spotless. The spray will fly back all over A hole's vehicle and create a nice little splatter.

magwell
06-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Bleeding hearts........TV commercials that always make the white man the clown,the klutz,or the fool.........:rolleyes:

BlueChip@DRF
06-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Only once in a while do I purposely ride someone's ass in the left lane. I do it to slowly educate 1 idiot at a time that they shouldn't be in that lane and that they are being disrespectful to other drivers.

Sadly very rarely do they learn and move over. I've realized they do it on purpose. Probably because they are failures in other aspects of life and this is one way to overcompensate for those failures (by making others wait and get angry behind their stupid asses).

I do that from the front end. If the left lane turtle is not getting out of the way, the I go in front and become the snail - very gradually.....

wisconsin
06-22-2014, 03:47 PM
I actually cannot stand those politically correct commercials that always have a white guy, a black guy, an Asian guy and a Latino as part of the same group. It just never happens like that. I would not have one problem if they showed 4 people from China in a beer commercial.

ronsmac
06-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Any team from Pittsburgh

The use of the word "actually"- it changes nothing in any sentence.

Texting while driving.

Women not putting up the toilet seat when done.

Uncontrolled children ( especially in grocery stores)

Made up first names.

People who only get involved with soccer during the World Cup.

Jaywalkers - JR can verify this problem here in B'more.

Liberty Mutual commercials- I never realized how stupid white males wereI'm guilty of no. 7. Mls is just so boring to me. I do pull for our women in the world Cup and Olympics so I'm only kind of guilty. Actually I was a big fan of the Blast when Stan the Man was here. The previous sentence was to pick with you. Ha Ha

Robert Goren
06-22-2014, 04:31 PM
People who park in handicap parking without a permit. Cities that put handicap parking spaces 2 or 3 blocks away from the place everyone is going.

Stillriledup
06-22-2014, 04:47 PM
I actually cannot stand those politically correct commercials that always have a white guy, a black guy, an Asian guy and a Latino as part of the same group. It just never happens like that. I would not have one problem if they showed 4 people from China in a beer commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJ8mCV39M8 :D

(not to mention a girl too hot to work as a bartender) ;)

BlueShoe
06-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Slow horses......Older women.... no money ....
W-e-l-l, two out of three isn't too bad.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIIon1S1Das (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIIon1S1Das)

magwell
06-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Barking dogs could turn me into the "son of Sam"..........:D

Marshall Bennett
06-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Slow-pokes that back up traffic on two-lane highways. :mad:

EMD4ME
06-22-2014, 08:10 PM
I do that from the front end. If the left lane turtle is not getting out of the way, the I go in front and become the snail - very gradually.....

Ha ha !!! I LOVE IT!!! I would do that if there are no other cars impacted.

I'll even slow down to 30 in a 55 to teach em a lesson!

But if there are other cars and traffic is being created, I can't do that. Thanks for the idea though lol

EMD4ME
06-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Slow-pokes that back up traffic on two-lane highways. :mad:

Ticket every single idiot in the left lane who is not passing AND IMMEDIATELY not getting over. That would eliminate traffic on every high way in America.

johnhannibalsmith
06-22-2014, 11:45 PM
The L.L.O. Syndrome (Left Lane Only) is a lost war. We've lost. The idiots have won. It is now necessary to build a twelve lane highway instead of a four laner just to attempt to facilitate the entire point of having more than a single lane -- moving traffic along at a variety of speeds with some order. **** these people in the eye with a knife.

TJDave
06-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Prius drivers.

thaskalos
06-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Ferrari drivers who condescendingly drive under the speed limit.

DJofSD
06-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Prius drivers.
Prius drivers.
Prius drivers in the number 1 lane.
Prius drivers in the number 1 lane not going the speed limit.
Prius drivers in the number 1 lane not going the speed limit and talking on a cell phone.
Prius drivers in the number 1 lane not going the speed limit and talking on a cell phone ignoring the fact that every car that can is passing them then cutting back in front of them while flipping them the bird.

hcap
06-23-2014, 04:38 AM
I always thought IF I could only build one of these.

Voila!

http://www.neoplexonline.com/led-signs-2x12-car-window/?gclid=CMTW6PzKj78CFc8F7AodimoAEQ

It's important to get your message out there and be seen and you can't get much more visible than this. This red scrolling LED sign is designed to be placed in a window of your car meaning that your moving message can be seen by everyone you pass!

This sign is fully programmable with the included remote, no computer or software needed. However, if you do need help, just give us a call and our support staff will be happy to walk you through any questions.

This sign comes with a power cable and suction cups to get you set up right out of the box!

http://www.neoplexonline.com/catalog/images/cache/13-308.313250.jpg
2"H x 12"W Scrolling LED Car Window Sign

BlueChip@DRF
06-23-2014, 07:54 AM

I agree. Uncontrolled/uncontrollable kids invite what's coming to them.

I wouldn't mind if it was a hot girl

Sorry, I didn't get this. I must have fallen asleep. :p

I tip really well when the service is hot. However, if the service is bad (I'm not expecting ass kissing, but prompt attention every now and then would suffice), they shouldn't expect the minimum, either.

Well, there goes breakfast....

Probably the same people who order a whole pie and instruct to have it cut into four slices because they say they can't finish eight.

Especially in the passing lane

Or when you park away from all the other "soccer moms" and then one comes in right after you parks VERY close next to you that you can't even open the door on the side. This is why in a huge parking lot where there is little league activity, I park away from everyone and over the space line.

Follow them close behind. And when they freak a little that you're following them, just say "You didn't say Thank You". And just stare at them until they do.

Looks like you have some stories to tell. Please add.... :cool:

magwell
06-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Young mans mind, in old mans body............:confused:

MutuelClerk
06-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Text speak.

People who need calculators for basic math.

ESPN.

Defenders of the two major parties who are together are ruining this country.

Guys over 40 in tank tops.

How the telephone rules most peoples life.

Saying "my bad" instead of a real apology.

How being offended at everything somehow makes you a better person.

There. They're. Their.

Your. You're.

Walking your dog and not cleaning up when he craps in my yard.

Facebook.

Getting old and letting all these things bother me....:)

Tom
06-24-2014, 08:43 AM
These great new printers that can print 500 pages per minute.
And have paper trays that only hold 50 sheets.

BlueShoe
06-24-2014, 09:51 AM
ESPN.
Female sports announcers and commentators.

Guys over 40 in tank tops.
Most women over 40 in shorts or tight pants.

How the telephone rules most peoples life.
How technology rules most people's lives.
Facebook.
Twitter.

Getting old and letting all these things bother me....:)
Getting old and letting all these and many other things bother me more the older I get.

johnhannibalsmith
06-24-2014, 10:28 AM
The last line in the previous two makes me chuckle. I'm always convinced that I've finally mellowed out and don't get stirred by the trivial.

Then a few weeks back I watched The Wolf of Wall Street (sidebar that I was pretty disappointed). In one of the opening scenes, they are introducing the protagonist's father (Rob Reiner) and mainly characterize him as having a hair trigger temper. To illustrate, the scene depicts him in a chair watching television and the phone rings and he goes into a maniacal rant, cussing the telephone and gesticulating wildly.

I didn't get the problem since I do that literally every time the phone rings. But it kind of occurred to me why people look at me strange at times.

Tom
06-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Idiots at the drive through who give you Coke when your order diet Coke.

Bigger idiots who think these idiots deserve a living wage for their zombie performance at the drive through.

Stillriledup
06-24-2014, 07:33 PM
When watching a baseball game, and there's a fair ball down the line, and the idiots reach out to grab it. There's always someone reaching out, 100% of the time at every ball park, for every fair ball that's in play.

KEEP YOUR GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS OFF THE FIELD OF PLAY.

Tom
06-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Truckers on the highway who take 7 counties to pass another truck.
Truckers who drive with their flashers on.....forever.

Stillriledup
06-24-2014, 11:49 PM

That is annoying no doubt. People who are trying to get from Pt A to pt B don't need to be sitting behind some truck who's passing, stay in the right lane if you can't do the speed.

EMD4ME
06-25-2014, 09:52 AM

Horses who take 7 furlongs to pass while their flashers are on. :lol:

cj's dad
06-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Televangelists - Joel Osteen- a Millionaire in a preacher's body. Net worth- $40 million

http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/joel-osteens-10-5-million-mansion-cross-less-church-and-other-surprising-facts-about-the-mega-pastor-106986/

johnhannibalsmith
06-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Televangelists - Joel Osteen- a Millionaire in a preacher's body. Net worth- $40 million

http://www.christianpost.com/buzzvine/joel-osteens-10-5-million-mansion-cross-less-church-and-other-surprising-facts-about-the-mega-pastor-106986/

oCcgthWmE60

Stillriledup
06-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Carlin touches on this briefly here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

DJofSD
06-25-2014, 03:03 PM

I certainly can understand the disgust or disappointment.

Whenever discrepancies such as those crop up, I am reminded of the movie "Lawrence of Arabia" and the character Auda abu Tayi. He is played by Anthony Quinn and in a seminal scene there is this dialogue:

- Does Auda Abu Tayi serve?

- No!

I carry great wounds, all got in battle.

Men have I killed with my own hands, in battle.

I scatter, I burn my enemies tents.

I take away their flocks and herds.

The Turks pay me a golden treasure, yet I am poor!

Because I am a river to my people.

Is that service?

- No.

And yet now it seems Auda has grown old.

And lost his taste for fighting.

- It is well you say it in my tent, thou old tulip.

- Yet this is a tulip that the Turks could not buy.

- Why should they wish to?

- Now...

I will tell you what they pay me,

and you will tell me if this is...

...a servant's wages.

They pay me, month by month...

... golden guineas.

- Who told you that?

- I have long ears.

- And a long tongue between them.

Marshall Bennett
06-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Cars that creep through the neighborhood blowing doors down with their loud music. :mad:

BlueShoe
06-26-2014, 10:22 AM
When you are in the #3 lane on a 4 lane freeway doing 5 mph above the speed limit, tailgated and then passed on the right and then cut off. :mad: A-hole comes up 18 inches off of your rear bumper, sits for awhile, and then vanishes into your blind spot. He zooms by in the slow lane, tailgates a vehicle in that lane, and then cuts back in sharply in front of you, cutting you off and putting you on the brakes. I absolutely detest this move, and if I can anticipate it in time, will take steps to thwart it. Hit the gas hard and pull alongside the vehicle in the slow lane. The jackass is pinned and blocked between me and the slow lane vehicle, and is now stuck in the slow lane. In order to pass now, he must slow down, move into my lane behind me, and then move into the #2 lane and then pass me, which is what he should have done in the first place.

DJofSD
06-26-2014, 10:24 AM
When you are in the #3 lane on a 4 lane freeway doing 5 mph above the speed limit, tailgated and then passed on the right and then cut off. :mad: A-hole comes up 18 inches off of your rear bumper, sits for awhile, and then vanishes into your blind spot. He zooms by in the slow lane, tailgates a vehicle in that lane, and then cuts back in sharply in front of you, cutting you off and putting you on the brakes. I absolutely detest this move, and if I can anticipate it in time, will take steps to thwart it. Hit the gas hard and pull alongside the vehicle in the slow lane. The jackass is pinned and blocked between me and the slow lane vehicle, and is now stuck in the slow lane. In order to pass now, he must slow down, move into my lane behind me, and then move into the #2 lane and then pass me, which is what he should have done in the first place.
Sorry, while I understand the frustration and the danger the other driver creates, you're making a bad, bad move.

Robert Goren
06-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Idiots at the drive through who give you Coke when your order diet Coke.

Bigger idiots who think these idiots deserve a living wage for their zombie performance at the drive through. Friends who insist on going through a McDonalds drive through. I have yet to get an order from them that wasn't screwed up. Burger King is almost as bad. Both seem to switch your Coke around no matter whether you order Coke or diet Coke.

DJofSD
06-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Friends who insist on going through a McDonalds drive through. I have yet to get an order from them that wasn't screwed up. Burger King is almost as bad. Both seem to switch your Coke around no matter whether you order Coke or diet Coke.
As far as drive through are concerned, I'm right there with you. 98% of the time I will park, then make a take out order. Not as quick and most of the time, leaving the store parking lot is much easier especially when needing to go in the other direction and you can't make that left turn out from their drive through -- it's either illegal or unsafe.

Tom
06-26-2014, 01:19 PM
These idiots - they should get paid a living wage? :lol::lol::lol:

Robert Goren
06-26-2014, 01:26 PM
These idiots - they should get paid a living wage? :lol::lol::lol:Maybe if they paid a living wage, they could/would hire somebody who isn't flunking high school sophomore math. Then again, probably not, because the people doing the hiring are sitting next to them in math class and copying off their paper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Maybe if they paid a living wage, they could/would hire somebody who isn't flunking high school sophomore math. Then again, probably not, because the people doing the hiring are sitting next to them in math class and copying off their paper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for making the anti-liberal point about who gets completely screwed when the minimum wage is jacked up to make people feel better.

I hate dealing with these morons too, but I'd rather have them pouring sodas and messing up my Whopper Jr. then sitting at home unemployed and breeding, collecting checks from the taxpayer while the class valedictorian takes his job and also treats the job as beneath him/her.

TJDave
06-26-2014, 01:44 PM
I hate dealing with these morons too, but I'd rather have them pouring sodas and messing up my Whopper Jr. then sitting at home unemployed and breeding, collecting checks from the taxpayer

They'll all be there eventually. No one retires from Burger King.

We've bred a permanent underclass unfit for employment. The easiest way to appease them is to pay.

johnhannibalsmith
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM

We've bred a permanent underclass unfit for employment. The easiest way to appease them is to pay.

Really?

That's about the most cynical defeatist attitude towards that group that I've heard yet.

I don't think I know anyone that retired from Burger King either. But I do know several that learned how to be responsible, have a work ethic, manage money, and deal with people that eventually parlayed that into an associates degree and then eventually a decent job.

Just shut the whole ****ing place down and burn the flag if it is now an accepted fact that there is no such thing as an American dream.

DJofSD
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM
As I remind my son, there's a great line in "Caddyshack" -- the world needs ditch diggers too.

Tom
06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Pay them a living wage and you will pay $20 for your Happy Meal.

Robert Goren
06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
My mother was part of the McDonalds "let hire a few retirees part time" experiment of the late 1990s. She had a ton of stories about those kids and some of the crazy child labor laws. She had to tote 50 lb bags and pails around because the football payer who could bench press 200 lbs was not allowed to because he was too young. I wonder who does that now because they no longer hire 62 year old ladies. The one she work at was also what she called a "Peyton Place". She had all sorts of those stories. Sometimes they were pretty graphic too.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 03:25 PM

Hate to say it, but Dave's got a point. There is a whole new generation of stupid out there. Mostly culturally defeated minorities, who don't care. Or poor whites who suffer for the same reasons.

I try like hell to treat young people right, and I could tell you some stories. I've gone out on a limb for, defended in court, spent thousands of dollars on young people that have worked for us. Let them stay in my home. Tried like hell to uplift. I'm talking probably a couple hundred disadvantaged young people. I've got maybe five to seven really good success stories. As time has gone on the latest generation is the bottom. These young people today are products of a system that has totally let them down, coddled them and promised them the moon.

They think drugs are a right being denied them by stupid laws. They think alcohol use (on the job too) is not a problem. They no nothing of money, money management or even basic math skills. They all believe that they should start at the top too. They know better on how to run a business. If there isn't a phone app for it, they can't do it.

On the flip side, we have bred a low level entire brand of businesses that take advantage of these uneducated poor folks. Buy here pay here car dealers-title loan shops dot the landscape here in Texas. Rent-a-center furniture etc. All at extreme rates and involving punitive contracts. Many aren't even aware of Credit reports. Don't even know what they are. Some I have encountered have gone to prison just because they were charged and plead guilty because they thought that is what "you're supposed to do"

Those are tough conversations to have with these young people I encounter. Unfortunately we made a decision to change into different business model and it caters to a lesser clientele and a lesser paid and qualified employee too. We said it's a trial run for 12-18 months, if something drives us out it will be these issues. There has been some very nice upside, but not sure what the future holds.

DJofSD
06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_lfxYhtf8o4

Marshall Bennett
06-26-2014, 03:35 PM
All of what you've said is true, Ralph. Unfortunately it totally defies liberal logic. They don't want to hear it because it's what keeps their heroes in office. The new generation of stupid, that is.

tucker6
06-26-2014, 04:03 PM
All of what you've said is true, Ralph. Unfortunately it totally defies liberal logic. They don't want to hear it because it's what keeps their heroes in office. The new generation of stupid, that is.
when party and ideology became more important than country...

TJDave
06-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately we made a decision to change into different business model and it caters to a lesser clientele and a lesser paid and qualified employee too.

You bought a Whataburger franchise? :lol:

I spent 30 years managing catfish. The bottom feeders on the employment ladder. Used to be that they would eventually move on or up, finish school, better themselves. Not anymore. Now they just lay there. Mud cats.

JustRalph
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM
You bought a Whataburger franchise? :lol:

I spent 30 years managing catfish. The bottom feeders on the employment ladder. Used to be that they would eventually move on or up, finish school, better themselves. Not anymore. Now they just lay there. Mud cats.

We haven't bought anything yet....... but that decision is coming in the future........and it's not quick service........... bigger than that, but the clientele is something else.........

EMD4ME
06-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Anyone who watches a race within an ear shot of me and says "you got it". Kiss of death. Had many lose when someone does that.

Actor
06-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Stale checks. I wrote a check to a plumber two months ago. It still has not cleared.

Legally a bank can refuse a check that's over six months old but they don't have to. If a bank wants to they can cash a check written decades ago.

It's particularly irritating when it costs more to stop payment on the check than what the check was written for.

MutuelClerk
06-27-2014, 10:12 AM
The fact that the Cubs and Nats are playing a doubleheader on Saturday and not playing Sunday because of a gay pride parade. I have no problem with the parade. Chicago driving seems to always be gridlock, what's the difference? No baseball on Sunday is strange, maybe a 420 parade will be next........

BettinBilly
06-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Cars that creep through the neighborhood blowing doors down with their loud music. :mad:

In my neighborhood, this has really been on the rise in the last few years, and I mean BIG time. Rarely heard "Thumpers" (what we call these people) drive by with car stereos blasting on warp factor 10 until the last few years, now we hear Thumpers drive by every night. Two or three times a night.

BlueShoe
06-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Sorry, while I understand the frustration and the danger the other driver creates, you're making a bad, bad move.
No more so than tactics mentioned in earlier posts in dealing with slow drivers in the wrong lane. When dealing with hostile, aggressive drivers, returning their behavior in kind is justified, imo. Sending a message and thwarting their conduct is the only way these dolts may be forced to behave. Yes, I have gotten some dirty looks and a few flipped birds after my blocking moves, but so be it. The tailgate-vanish-pass on the right-cut back in driving move infuriates me. I do not do this to others, and if I can do so, will not tolerate it from others.

rastajenk
06-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I'd rather share the road with Shoe than those New Yorkers that think everyone has a moral obligation to go as fast as they can or get the hell out of the way.

Marshall Bennett
06-27-2014, 12:13 PM
The fact that the Cubs and Nats are playing a doubleheader on Saturday and not playing Sunday because of a gay pride parade.
:lol: How dumb !!

BlueShoe
06-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Since they are off and not playing that day, are any of the ballplayers marching in the parade??

cj's dad
06-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Since they are off and not playing that day, are any of the ballplayers marching in the parade??

Michael Sam !

Dark Horse
06-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Was reminded of this thread when Mike Smith eased another 3/5 favorite today. He seems like a nice enough guy. lol

Stillriledup
06-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Was reminded of this thread when Mike Smith eased another 3/5 favorite today. He seems like a nice enough guy. lol

Mike smith? My DRF says Martin Garcia, was there a late change?

EMD4ME
06-27-2014, 08:22 PM
I'd rather share the road with Shoe than those New Yorkers that think everyone has a moral obligation to go as fast as they can or get the hell out of the way.

Don't know if you noticed.....BUT....it is the law AND the ethical AND the morally AND the courteous RIGHT thing to do TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY if you're not passing someone (to move back to the right for faster traffic to pass you on the left).

Anyone who does not respect that should have their license revoked in a NANOSECOND, PERIOD.

EMD4ME
06-27-2014, 08:26 PM
to further expand on this topic.....

In 23 years of driving, I can literally count on my 5 finger hand, the amount of times that I have been 'caught' in a passing lane with a faster moving vehicle behind me. In those rare times, I am super embarrassed and I turn red from shame in being in a passing lane while moving slllllooooowwwwweeeerrrrrrrrrr than the vehicle behind me. It is an embarrassment.

How anyone does not comprehend how rude, insensitive , uncourteous and stupid that behavior is , is INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me.

mostpost
06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Don't know if you noticed.....BUT....it is the law AND the ethical AND the morally AND the courteous RIGHT thing to do TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY if you're not passing someone (to move back to the right for faster traffic to pass you on the left).

Anyone who does not respect that should have their license revoked in a NANOSECOND, PERIOD.
It is not always that clear cut. Even though I am an old man, I am not a slow driver. Usually on the highway I keep my speed seven to ten over the limit. Depending on traffic of course. And I stay to the right. Sometimes I move into the faster lane to pass slower cars in front of me. When I do that I will stay in that lane until I have passed all the cars rather than weaving in and out. If I am going ten over the limit and you are gaining on me, then you are going too fast.
Let me add that I check the fast lane and if I see someone a ways back but gaining quickly, I will wait until they pass before beginning my pass.

Dark Horse
06-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Mike smith? My DRF says Martin Garcia, was there a late change?

Thanks for catching that. My mistake. Turns out Smith was on every #3 horse I handicapped at SA today. lol A little glitch in the matrix. Lucky I didn't pay for it. Goes back to yesterday when there was a rider change for #3 Heat du Jour. I've been programming my ass off so leave it to a stupid error to slip through. Anyway, much appreciated!

mostpost
06-27-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure if this comes under the heading of pet peeve, or what are they thinking. The other day I was driving in the town where I live. The road I was on was a two lane road with a 25 MPH limit. This particular section has stop signs every two blocks. At this particular time of day traffic is usually moderate to light.

On the north side of the road there are houses. There is a parkway and a sidewalk which is about ten feet from the roadway. On the south side there is the Cook County Forest Preserve. There is a paved walking and bicycling path separate from the road.

There was a women, headphones on, walking in the road in the same direction I was driving. To her right, ten feet away was a sidewalk. To her left, maybe 25 feet away was a path built specifically so people could walk on it and not be in traffic. Yet she chose to walk in the street with freakin headphones on. And she chose to walk with the traffic instead of against it as pedestrians are supposed to do if the must walk in the roadway.

Now this woman did not get hit-she was quicker than she looked-but if she had been struck down, people would have been saying, "poor Molly May, all she did was go for a walk and now she's dead."

I see this a lot and it bugs me a lot.

PhantomOnTour
06-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Cyclists are the worst though...almost all of them disobey traffic laws, but are constantly whining that motorists never see them or look out for them.

The next cyclist I see who stops at a red light and then doesn't subsequently run that red light will be the first in years.
I like putting them in tight, ya' know, like a tough stretch drive and you are trying to come up the rail on me :D

johnhannibalsmith
06-27-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure if this comes under the heading of pet peeve, or what are they thinking. The other day I was driving in the town where I live. The road I was on was a two lane road with a 25 MPH limit. This particular section has stop signs every two blocks. At this particular time of day traffic is usually moderate to light.

On the north side of the road there are houses. There is a parkway and a sidewalk which is about ten feet from the roadway. On the south side there is the Cook County Forest Preserve. There is a paved walking and bicycling path separate from the road.

There was a women, headphones on, walking in the road in the same direction I was driving. To her right, ten feet away was a sidewalk. To her left, maybe 25 feet away was a path built specifically so people could walk on it and not be in traffic. Yet she chose to walk in the street with freakin headphones on. And she chose to walk with the traffic instead of against it as pedestrians are supposed to do if the must walk in the roadway.

Now this woman did not get hit-she was quicker than she looked-but if she had been struck down, people would have been saying, "poor Molly May, all she did was go for a walk and now she's dead."

I see this a lot and it bugs me a lot.

You have my permission to run ignorant shmucks like her over.

mostpost
06-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Cyclists are the worst though...almost all of them disobey traffic laws, but are constantly whining that motorists never see them or look out for them.

The next cyclist I see who stops at a red light and then doesn't subsequently run that red light will be the first in years.
I like putting them in tight, ya' know, like a tough stretch drive and you are trying to come up the rail on me :D
After about an eight year hiatus, I started riding my bike again last year. I always stop at red lights and I always wait for the green. Stop signs are another matter. I will stop if their is vehicular traffic at or near the intersection, if not I will just slow down. I do most of my riding on trails or the streets of our quiet village.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve. If I am riding my bike on the street and you are in your car behind me, for God's sake PASS ME. Don't hover on my fender for two blocks while I wonder how it will feel when I fall and you crush me beneath the wheels of your SUV.

Dahoss2002
06-28-2014, 04:09 AM

Take it easy brother. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/01/cyclist-sentenced.html

cj's dad
06-28-2014, 11:26 AM
There is an epidemic of sorts going on in Baltimore and I bet elsewhere with kids riding these 20" bicycles and popping wheelies in the middle of the street going against the flow of traffic. I sped up and scared the sheet out of one. I swear it;s only a matter of time until I run one over.

These punks surrounded my friends car the other day, forcing him to a stop in the midst of 10-12 of these law abiding cizens. Police are of no use as they scatter up alleyways, etc...

WTF is wrong with these kids now days ?

?? Is this happening elsewhere ??

DJofSD
06-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Take it easy brother. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/01/cyclist-sentenced.html

Ya, ya, but what about:
On the day of the crash, Thompson said he was driving down the road on his way to work when several cyclists swore at him and flipped him off as he called on them to ride single file. He said he stopped his car to take a photo to identify the riders and never intended to hurt anyone.

Cyclist have every right to the road. Not debating that, however, with the right is the responsibility to obey the vehicle code.

PhantomOnTour
06-28-2014, 11:59 AM
5yrs in jail?

Frickin' ridiculous...but in a sense they both got what they deserved, the cyclists and the motorist

EMD4ME
06-28-2014, 08:30 PM
It is not always that clear cut. Even though I am an old man, I am not a slow driver. Usually on the highway I keep my speed seven to ten over the limit. Depending on traffic of course. And I stay to the right. Sometimes I move into the faster lane to pass slower cars in front of me. When I do that I will stay in that lane until I have passed all the cars rather than weaving in and out. If I am going ten over the limit and you are gaining on me, then you are going too fast.
Let me add that I check the fast lane and if I see someone a ways back but gaining quickly, I will wait until they pass before beginning my pass.

I respect and appreciate, realllly respect and appreciate ALL that you said.

No butts coming.

I was referring to other situations. For example: where there is little traffic, no reason for idiots to be in a passing lane and I am stuck behind a 3 car roadblock (1 in each lane) going the exact same speed.

as I drove home from Belmont today, I counted 34 cars that were doing that as I whizzed by them weaving in and out of lanes.

I just find it soooo amazing that people can be so stupid & sit in the passing lane going an average or slower speed than cars to their right. All these idiots do is CREATE traffic & it drives me INSANE

EMD4ME
06-28-2014, 08:33 PM
I always thought IF I could only build one of these.

Voila!

http://www.neoplexonline.com/led-signs-2x12-car-window/?gclid=CMTW6PzKj78CFc8F7AodimoAEQ

It's important to get your message out there and be seen and you can't get much more visible than this. This red scrolling LED sign is designed to be placed in a window of your car meaning that your moving message can be seen by everyone you pass!

This sign is fully programmable with the included remote, no computer or software needed. However, if you do need help, just give us a call and our support staff will be happy to walk you through any questions.

This sign comes with a power cable and suction cups to get you set up right out of the box!

http://www.neoplexonline.com/catalog/images/cache/13-308.313250.jpg
2"H x 12"W Scrolling LED Car Window Sign

I am ORDERING ONE OF THESE !!!! SLOWLY I WILL EMBARASS one idiot at a time on the road.

Are these legal in NY?

notoutofpounds
06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
There is an epidemic of sorts going on in Baltimore and I bet elsewhere with kids riding these 20" bicycles and popping wheelies in the middle of the street going against the flow of traffic. I sped up and scared the sheet out of one. I swear it;s only a matter of time until I run one over.

These punks surrounded my friends car the other day, forcing him to a stop in the midst of 10-12 of these law abiding cizens. Police are of no use as they scatter up alleyways, etc...

WTF is wrong with these kids now days ?

?? Is this happening elsewhere ??

You sure have some problematic bicycle situations in Baltimore, those stolen blue bikes and now those wheelie kids. Good luck with that.

How about these soccer fans flying foreign flags on their minivans, does anyone else have this ? They drive around like they are in a motorcade. What is the proper response ?

johnhannibalsmith
06-29-2014, 12:02 PM
... What is the proper response ?

Wait them out until the news stops telling them that they love a sport that they've never watched and won't again until they're told to.

notoutofpounds
06-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Wait them out until the news stops telling them that they love a sport that they've never watched and won't again until they're told to.

That is an interesting approach. What about parked cars with flags from WW1 and WW2 protagonists ?

johnhannibalsmith
06-29-2014, 12:13 PM
That is an interesting approach. What about parked cars with flags from WW1 and WW2 protagonists ?

Grand theft auto.

notoutofpounds
06-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Grand theft auto.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

Calling something Major League does not make it Major League. I am looking in your direction MLS.

BlueShoe
06-29-2014, 04:21 PM
A fantasy long held is to have the Aston Martin DB5 from that film. The one with all the weapons and gadgets that would be ideal for dealing with the dolts that we encounter every time we venture onto our roads. Imagine, machine guns, oil slicks, tire slashers, smoke screen, etc. :cool: :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
You sure have some problematic bicycle situations in Baltimore, those stolen blue bikes and now those wheelie kids. Good luck with that.

How about these soccer fans flying foreign flags on their minivans, does anyone else have this ? They drive around like they are in a motorcade. What is the proper response ?

qNnrCKi4-js

Valuist
06-30-2014, 01:15 PM
One of mine is when I'm at work and I see the Barracuda has been installed so I can't go to sites like PA or covers.com. Surprisingly, it seems to have been removed.

Stillriledup
07-03-2014, 08:19 PM
One more i thought of, when a player on a team who you root for gets let go (traded, cut, FA, etc) because he sucks and isn't producing and then goes to another team and he's a world beater.

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2014, 08:24 PM
One more i thought of, when a player on a team who you root for gets let go (traded, cut, FA, etc) because he sucks and isn't producing and then goes to another team and he's a world beater.
Luckily, that very rarely happens to Steelers fans :D

Stillriledup
07-04-2014, 04:36 PM
One more.

When a runner on 1st base is "off with the crack of the bat" and someone hits a ground rule double in the alley and the runner isn't allowed to score.

MutuelClerk
07-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Fireworks. Neighborhoods are putting on better shows than the cities they live in. Kids cant sleep, dogs freak, they destroy property where they land, drunken idiots hurting themselves. Actually, I'm ok with the last one.

DJofSD
07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
People that drive 85+ MPH in the number 4 lane making it impossible to safely merge when getting onto the highway.

EMD4ME
07-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Is that maybe because all the "fast drivers" are busy clogging up the 1, 2 & 3 lanes going 60 in a 55? Many people have no choice but to pass in the slowwwww lane. I agree with you though. As a guy who passes everyone almost all the time, I almost never pass in the rightest of lanes, when there is a merge coming from my right. Too dangerous.

Tom
07-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Four land highway, you are in the left lane, making a RH turn.
The guy behind you in that lane stays in the land until he is right on your bumper, THEN swings out to the RH lane, leaving the car behind HIM coming at you full speed, no idea you are stopped there.

sam4022
07-12-2014, 08:02 AM
- People who slowly cross the street at an angle in front of you after you let them go.

- Women who wait until their order has been rung-up then fumble through their purse for money and even worse, then search the bottom for small change.

- People who, believing themselves to be the only person left on earth, leave their shopping carts where they were unloaded instead of returning them to a provided collection point.

senortout
07-12-2014, 02:07 PM
be something s00-s00 wrong with that first sentence of yourn.

Four land highway, you are in the left lane, making a RH turn.
The guy behind you in that lane stays in the land until he is right on your bumper, THEN swings out to the RH lane, leaving the car behind HIM coming at you full speed, no idea you are stopped there.

BlueShoe
07-12-2014, 03:38 PM
-- Women who wait until their order has been rung-up then fumble through their purse for money and even worse, then search the bottom for small change.
Women who wait until their order has been rung up then fumble through their purse for their debit card and even worse, scan the card upside down, have to ask the checker for help, then cannot remember their Pin. When they finally do, they ask for cash back, delaying patrons behind them even further.

Tom
07-14-2014, 09:31 PM
you are in the left lane, making a RH turn.

Oh, yeah, so it IS my fault! :D

tucker6
07-14-2014, 09:38 PM
People in the self checkout in the grocery store who then expect FULL service from the person manning that area. When everyone else has a problem, the worker is with one person literally scanning and bagging all their goods, and we all get screwed waiting for hell to end. Why in Sam Hill are you in the self checkout line if you can't perform the basic duties of self checkout?????????????????????????????

Happened to me twice this week!

PhantomOnTour
07-14-2014, 09:45 PM
I think all the pet peeves mentioned in this thread boil down to two words:

STUPID PEOPLE

EMD4ME
07-14-2014, 09:50 PM

STUPID PEOPLE

DITTOOOOOOOOOOOO...

PhantomOnTour
07-14-2014, 09:59 PM

STUPID PEOPLE
I feel like introducing these people to horseracing - the pools could use more dumb money

EMD4ME
07-14-2014, 10:03 PM
I feel like introducing these people to horseracing - the pools could use more dumb money

THAT EXISTS... its called the equilottery

BlueShoe
07-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Oh, yeah, so it IS my fault! :D
So, in New York state it is legal to make a right turn from the left lane? :confused: And here I always though that California had the most screwed up rules and regulations.

Tom
07-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Only if you are lysdexic.

TJDave
07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Only if you are lysdexic.

Or Canadian

Stillriledup
09-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Adding:

When i'm betting a race off simulcast and the camera operator zones in on a 30-1 shot and they show that horse for 4 minutes without showing anyone else.

magwell
09-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Adding:

When i'm betting a race off simulcast and the camera operator zones in on a 30-1 shot and they show that horse for 4 minutes without showing anyone else.Sometimes they just show the lead ponies from behind or because the jocks silks are a pretty pink instead of the main contenders.....:D

BlueShoe
09-18-2014, 11:24 AM
You approach a red light at an intersection and wish to make a left turn, thus must move into the left-turn-only-lane. Problem is, you are unable to do so because there is no room to squeeze into the lane. Reason? The dolt in the vehicle just ahead of you in the through lane has left a large gap between them and the vehicle ahead of them. :bang: Had they merely moved up another five or ten feet, you, and several behind you, could have moved into the lane and made the light. Instead, you sit and fume :mad:, the through light goes green, dipstick clueless driver zooms off, now you finally have room, and you sit and wait through another complete cycle. This situation seems to always appear when you are behind schedule, and at the busiest intersections with the longest light cycles. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
09-18-2014, 11:28 AM
You approach a red light at an intersection and wish to make a left turn, thus must move into the left-turn-only-lane. Problem is, you are unable to do so because there is no room to squeeze into the lane. Reason? The dolt in the vehicle just ahead of you in the through lane has left a large gap between them and the vehicle ahead of them. :bang: Had they merely moved up another five or ten feet, you, and several behind you, could have moved into the lane and made the light. Instead, you sit and fume :mad:, the through light goes green, dipstick clueless driver zooms off, now you finally have room, and you sit and wait through another complete cycle. This situation seems to always appear when you are behind schedule, and at the busiest intersections with the longest light cycles. :rolleyes:
I resemble that.

But I don't wait for clueless to drive off. I'm on the horn right away. And, no, I don't run the yellow -- I've had a ticket via a camera which is another story, so, I learned not to take the chance as to whether or not my vehicle is officially within the boundaries of the intersection.

Stillriledup
12-05-2014, 02:47 AM
People who are critical of other people who bump posts older than 1 week.

DJofSD
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
When visiting a web site to immediately have a pop up asking you to chat with a rep or solicit feedback before you have had a chance to even read the page.

BlueShoe
12-05-2014, 07:06 PM
When visiting a web site to immediately have a pop up asking you to chat with a rep or solicit feedback before you have had a chance to even read the page.
When visiting a web site to immediately have a pop up asking you to "Sign in", "Log in", or "Register."

Stillriledup
12-29-2014, 01:18 AM
People who do stupidly dangerous things on the road that are not stupid in a road rage kind of way. Had this woman in a big white minivan today just back out of a driveway, on a darkish part of a 2 lane road, and just kind of sat there, was in no particular hurry to go in any direction, maybe she was waiting for me to ask her permission to actually go past? I dont know what people are thinking sometimes.

EMD4ME
12-29-2014, 08:13 AM
MORONS in SUV's who see traffic up ahead (but of course I can't see it in my normal size car as I'm stuck behind a stack of SUV's) and don't break at all till the last second and then slam the breaks. Or even worse, who at the last second veer to another lane at the last second when a broken down car is stuck on the road, leaving you (with your limited sight) to smack right in to the broken down vehicle.

That is why I never stay even on the highway. Always pass everyone and you'll eliminate those situations.

thaskalos
12-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Idiots who drive their Fords as if they are Ferraris.

HUSKER55
12-29-2014, 09:12 AM
I take it you got a speeding ticket? :D

Marshall Bennett
12-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Where I live it seems the average age of drivers is about 75. Most can't see, are nearly deaf, and drive like it. The county must spend tons on traffic lights because every time one pulls out of a side-street and plows into someone, they install a light there.
I'll never understand why when people reach a certain age they aren't required to take a driving test. I suppose the government feels if they did they'd be taken off the road, but then stranded at home.
I'm getting there myself, but I swear if they replaced these menaces with drunk drivers, it would probably save lives. They drive that badly.

FocusWiz
12-29-2014, 02:55 PM
This is getting worse.

It started a couple of years ago, with a guy named "ehrl-wen." The conversation went like this:

Him: This is "ehrl-wen." How may I help you?
Me: What is your name?
Him: My name is "ehrl-wen." How may I help you?
Me: What was that? Did you say "ehrl-wen?
Him: Yes.
Me: Okay, that's a new one for me. How do you spell "ehrl-wen?"
Him: It is A...L...V...I...N.
Me: "A-L-V-I-N!" How does that spell...wait...your name is "Alvin" not "ehrl-wen."
Him: That's what I said. "Ehrl-wen."

So first it was the "Americanized" names to make us feel more comfortable with people who have no idea what we do from a cultural perspective. Now, apparently they have training in jargon.

Yesterday, I eventually hung up on a woman who randomly sprinkled "Yeah!" and "Ok" at inappropriate places as I was speaking. She must have aced the "sound like a dumb American" test at her off shore call center.

When I finally got an onshore customer service representative (yes, they do exist), I asked him to please forward a complaint that although I hardly speak perfect English, I am quite offended by people mocking American speech. I told him, the British don't like it when we ridicule them and the Canadians don't like being ridiculed either. I told him that I found it extremely offensive that his company (an American company) would hire people who ridicule Americans like that.

He promised to pass my complaint along.

HUSKER55
12-29-2014, 03:32 PM
you do understand that you were spaced off.....

Stillriledup
12-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Where I live it seems the average age of drivers is about 75. Most can't see, are nearly deaf, and drive like it. The county must spend tons on traffic lights because every time one pulls out of a side-street and plows into someone, they install a light there.
I'll never understand why when people reach a certain age they aren't required to take a driving test. I suppose the government feels if they did they'd be taken off the road, but then stranded at home.
I'm getting there myself, but I swear if they replaced these menaces with drunk drivers, it would probably save lives. They drive that badly.

This is an amazing point because at what point can a young, athletic person with great hand eye coordination be a better drunk driver than some of these people who cant see or hear and essentially stunk as drivers 30 years earlier?

Anyone who thinks that the worst sober driver is better than all drunk drivers is kidding themselves.

If you can't drive WELL, you shouldn't be out there.

DJofSD
12-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Radio ads which repeat the telephone number 10,000,000 times in 30 seconds.

thaskalos
12-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Radio ads which repeat the telephone number 10,000,000 times in 30 seconds.
That reminds me. I hate that guy with the rapid-fire tone of voice...who has somehow managed to place himself in every single radio ad that I hear.

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Stalkers who obsessively follow all my bets.

I was alive to 7 of 9 horses in the closing leg of a pick 5 recently. Was betting a small win bet on the 2 nags that I didn't have plus some dime supers. Main stalker was writing down the bets.

I politely turned around and said 'do you really want to bet the horses that I'm covering with?????. These are covers to the live pick 5's I have. If I like something , you'll be told'

Hate these types of people. They think you're hiding your bets. I'm not . I just want to be able to concentrate without being stalked.

Worst part is, every I day I come in & when he asks who do you like, I give him all plays of the day in 5 seconds. Why annoy & stalk the rest of the day????

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 04:31 PM
That reminds me. I hate that guy with the rapid-fire tone of voice...who has somehow managed to place himself in every single radio ad that I hear.

No doubt about the rapid fire talking, when i hear that i think SCAM.

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 04:34 PM

I was alive to 7 of 9 horses in the closing leg of a pick 5 recently. Was betting a small win bet on the 2 nags that I didn't have plus some dime supers. Main stalker was writing down the bets.

I politely turned around and said 'do you really want to bet the horses that I'm covering with?????. These are covers to the live pick 5's I have. If I like something , you'll be told'

Hate these types of people. They think you're hiding your bets. I'm not . I just want to be able to concentrate without being stalked.

Worst part is, every I day I come in & when he asks who do you like, I give him all plays of the day in 5 seconds. Why annoy & stalk the rest of the day????

I had a guy literally put his chin on my shoulder looking at me betting at the SAM, this is a long time ago, and i was like 'can i help you' and the guy was like "oh no, its ok, i just want to see what you're betting'

LOL

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
This guy is 70 plus. Has been betting for 50 years. It amazes me how anyone can follow someone else. Do your work, bet your plays, period.

ReplayRandall
12-30-2014, 04:42 PM
This guy is 70 plus. Has been betting for 50 years. It amazes me how anyone can follow someone else. Do your work, bet your plays, period.

Give the guy your set of picks for $10 up front.......You either have a customer for life, or he simply just goes away...:cool:

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Give the guy your set of picks for $10 up front.......You either have a customer for life, or he simply just goes away...:cool:

I have a better idea. Ask him if he can loan you 20 bucks. He will say no and then you'll never see him again. :D

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 04:48 PM

Great idea but after saying no, he'll still stalk.

I've blown a gasket on him multiple times. Cursed, flipped out, yelled. He always comes back. Most annoying part is I dont mind giving out plays. But just ask me once, not 42 times a day.

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 04:49 PM
I have a better idea. Ask him if he can loan you 20 bucks. He will say no and then you'll never see him again. :D

Even better idea but he'll give it and remind me 42222 times a day.... :lol:

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Even better idea but he'll give it and remind me 42222 times a day.... :lol:

Thats a good point, if he actually lends it to you, you're doubly screwed!

Too bad he doesn't ask for a loan....i've found the best way to get rid of people is loan them a few bucks. Once they owe you, they stop coming around.

Or, you could bet on losers on purpose, let him stalk you and then sneak back and cancel the tickets. Do this on races you plan on skipping so you're not breaking your concentration on real bets.

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 08:19 PM
I can't do that. Don't have the energy to be so callous.

Lend him money, doubt it. He wouldn't take it.

Saturday was bad. I rushed 90mph to aqueduct. Didn't have pick 5's written down. Had the A's B's and C's in my head for all 5 races. Needed to properly weigh out (multiple times based upon who I like more ) all in 5 minutes.

Sat down with 5-6 min to post. He snuck behind my chair and just watched. All my brain focused on was him standing there like a stalker. I slowly tried to focus and put my 16-20 highly complex bets in.

at one point as I'm recited numbers out loud to not forget the numbers, he interrupts and says do you want me to hold the seat next to you for your friend. (he had NO RIGHT TO 1) BE NEXT TO ME AS I WAGER, 2) RUDELY INTERRUPT ME AS I'M WAGERING 3) EVEN ASK ME ABOUT THE SEAT AS EVERY F'N DAY MY GUEST SITS THERE AND WAS ON HIS WAY)

I quickly tell him no thanks, my buddy will be here shortly.

I go back to my bets, 2 min to post. I somehow focused and got most of the bets in right. Only the last bet was wrong as I omitted 2 horses from the last leg on an all A extra punch.

Hit pick 5 twice (1200 each ticket) but should've had it 3 times.

There are a million ways to lose in horse racing . Being distracted by a f'n stranger is not the way to lose.

Do I sound angry? I am. I spent a lot of time on my work. Not betting it right due to a stranger's rudeness is unacceptable.

I've even tried cursing him out and telling him I'm anti social . Doesn't work. Stalks again in an hour. It's hard as he's older and I can't be too mean as I sympathize.

I've even tried putting my hands in my ears , covering my eyes with one hand as I bet. Doesn't work. All I hear feel and see is his presence. Very annoying.

Stillriledup
12-30-2014, 09:59 PM
I can't do that. Don't have the energy to be so callous.

Lend him money, doubt it. He wouldn't take it.

Saturday was bad. I rushed 90mph to aqueduct. Didn't have pick 5's written down. Had the A's B's and C's in my head for all 5 races. Needed to properly weigh out (multiple times based upon who I like more ) all in 5 minutes.

Sat down with 5-6 min to post. He snuck behind my chair and just watched. All my brain focused on was him standing there like a stalker. I slowly tried to focus and put my 16-20 highly complex bets in.

at one point as I'm recited numbers out loud to not forget the numbers, he interrupts and says do you want me to hold the seat next to you for your friend. (he had NO RIGHT TO 1) BE NEXT TO ME AS I WAGER, 2) RUDELY INTERRUPT ME AS I'M WAGERING 3) EVEN ASK ME ABOUT THE SEAT AS EVERY F'N DAY MY GUEST SITS THERE AND WAS ON HIS WAY)

I quickly tell him no thanks, my buddy will be here shortly.

I go back to my bets, 2 min to post. I somehow focused and got most of the bets in right. Only the last bet was wrong as I omitted 2 horses from the last leg on an all A extra punch.

Hit pick 5 twice (1200 each ticket) but should've had it 3 times.

There are a million ways to lose in horse racing . Being distracted by a f'n stranger is not the way to lose.

Do I sound angry? I am. I spent a lot of time on my work. Not betting it right due to a stranger's rudeness is unacceptable.

I've even tried cursing him out and telling him I'm anti social . Doesn't work. Stalks again in an hour. It's hard as he's older and I can't be too mean as I sympathize.

I've even tried putting my hands in my ears , covering my eyes with one hand as I bet. Doesn't work. All I hear feel and see is his presence. Very annoying.

There's no doubt we've all lost money due to people at the track being idiots, this is a shame that people just don't get protocol and understand that some other people are actually NOT clowns and care about winning.

EMD4ME
12-30-2014, 10:32 PM
VIP room Aqueduct. There's a series of numbskulls who spend the entire and I mean entire day YAPPING loud about everything except a horse race. Sports, politics, how smart they are, other people blah blah. The only thing they don't do is study or make a bet. Human distractions and all do it at the worst times. Infuriating.

You can't go outside as then you have the super loud marijuana smoking crowd.

The only place to make a concentrated wager is in the stairway... if the WiFi holds up!

Not usually this grouchy but it's been really annoying lately.

Stillriledup
12-31-2014, 12:33 AM
VIP room Aqueduct. There's a series of numbskulls who spend the entire and I mean entire day YAPPING loud about everything except a horse race. Sports, politics, how smart they are, other people blah blah. The only thing they don't do is study or make a bet. Human distractions and all do it at the worst times. Infuriating.

You can't go outside as then you have the super loud marijuana smoking crowd.

The only place to make a concentrated wager is in the stairway... if the WiFi holds up!

Not usually this grouchy but it's been really annoying lately.

So wait, the New York Racing association permits illegal drug use on their property right in the vicinity of paying customers? Or, is this "pot smoking" all legal and all the smokers have medical cards that permit them to use the drug on the grounds?

EMD4ME
12-31-2014, 01:10 AM
So wait, the New York Racing association permits illegal drug use on their property right in the vicinity of paying customers? Or, is this "pot smoking" all legal and all the smokers have medical cards that permit them to use the drug on the grounds?

The police/security on patrol spend all day weeding out (pun intended I guess) the marijuana users. One peace officer, is so determined to knock it out. I hate the smell, makes me instantly sick. I don't mind if they are outside in the corner of the track apron (the marijuana smokers) but they are not, They smoke inside !!! They light up in your face on the apron. Can't blame NYRA. All there peace officers are on it but they are outnumbered.

Stillriledup
12-31-2014, 05:25 AM
The police/security on patrol spend all day weeding out (pun intended I guess) the marijuana users. One peace officer, is so determined to knock it out. I hate the smell, makes me instantly sick. I don't mind if they are outside in the corner of the track apron (the marijuana smokers) but they are not, They smoke inside !!! They light up in your face on the apron. Can't blame NYRA. All there peace officers are on it but they are outnumbered.

Peace officers? Why not the actual police to arrest them for drug possession? Just get a real police officer one day to arrest them all, one sweep. Boom. Just ban them from the property, how hard is it to kick someone out?

EMD4ME
12-31-2014, 08:38 AM
Peace officers? Why not the actual police to arrest them for drug possession? Just get a real police officer one day to arrest them all, one sweep. Boom. Just ban them from the property, how hard is it to kick someone out?

On track handle will suffer. As a racing fan, I'd rather deal with them then have handle drop. I'm being serious....

HUSKER55
12-31-2014, 08:41 AM
you could be a prince and buy 2 programs. mark the ones you don't like or the chalk and leave it "accidentally" when you go to wager. Chalk gets bet to pieces and him betting against you will only help you.

of coarse, there is the issue of what happens when him and his buds find out you played them......

Robert Goren
12-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I have a better idea. Ask him if he can loan you 20 bucks. He will say no and then you'll never see him again. :D Give him your picks and some money to bet them for you. Make him your runner. But don't let him cash any big ones for you. But you can have him cash some small ones. Once he figures out you are using him, he will probably leave you alone. Even if he don't, you have got somebody to stand in line for you

MutuelClerk
12-31-2014, 01:19 PM

There is a guy who bets with me, very good handicapper also owns horses. HE always has stalkers following him to the window. One day he walks in says I'm tired of it. He hands me a piece of paper and say I'll be up in race 5 at a certain track. Ignore what I say and punch what's written down. We've worked together for years, he knows I don't tell anyone what he bets and he tips well because I know how he bets and don't mess up. When race 5 happens he walks up, starts calling bets using the chalk ( whom he's betting against), word keeps spreading who he likes. Race goes off, chalk runs out and he crushes. The stalkers start riding him, he flips them off and says follow me to the window for something that can't miss. Like the pied piper he leads these idiots to the window and starts handing me his tickets to cash. He says see, cant miss. The stalkers are angry at him, angry at me. I keep smiling as I cash his tickets, pay him, he tips me in front of everyone. Flips everyone off and goes back to his seat. Ahhh, the good old days.

magwell
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Football announcers...... team x is losing 27-14 and they say its a 2 possession game instead team x is down 13 points......(same in basketball games)......:bang:

EMD4ME
12-31-2014, 04:00 PM
There is a guy who bets with me, very good handicapper also owns horses. HE always has stalkers following him to the window. One day he walks in says I'm tired of it. He hands me a piece of paper and say I'll be up in race 5 at a certain track. Ignore what I say and punch what's written down. We've worked together for years, he knows I don't tell anyone what he bets and he tips well because I know how he bets and don't mess up. When race 5 happens he walks up, starts calling bets using the chalk ( whom he's betting against), word keeps spreading who he likes. Race goes off, chalk runs out and he crushes. The stalkers start riding him, he flips them off and says follow me to the window for something that can't miss. Like the pied piper he leads these idiots to the window and starts handing me his tickets to cash. He says see, cant miss. The stalkers are angry at him, angry at me. I keep smiling as I cash his tickets, pay him, he tips me in front of everyone. Flips everyone off and goes back to his seat. Ahhh, the good old days.

Loooove that story! Good share.

Problem is they have these nice tiny tims in the room at AQUEDUCT. I like using it. Its fast and very convenient. I don't use the mutual clerks except to cash.

EMD4ME
12-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Give him your picks and some money to bet them for you. Make him your runner. But don't let him cash any big ones for you. But you can have him cash some small ones. Once he figures out you are using him, he will probably leave you alone. Even if he don't, you have got somebody to stand in line for you

Good idea ,again but not feasible in this environment.

thaskalos
12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Good idea ,again but not feasible in this environment.
Let me give you MY picks...and then hand them to him. He'll leave you alone in no time.

EMD4ME
12-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Let me give you MY picks...and then hand them to him. He'll leave you alone in no time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had 3 good ones today... but he wasn't there!!!

1 lost the jock, 1A in race 6 at Big A.

4 in race 8 (lone speed by about 4000 meters) broke slow for no reason whatsoever :liar: (jock did the ol fake pump while choking backwards)

And to top it off , a cold 25 box in race 9. Please dont anyone tell me angel Cruz really sucks that bad.... 3rd 2wide off of 58/1 leader at the 3/4, yanks horse ten wide at the 3/4 ( so the winner has ample room to get by!!!), decides to angle down to 7 wide while moving on the far turn (what's the difference, you're already ten wide!!!), then someone told this mental midget the rail was the place to be but only in the lane :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most brutal rides I have ever seen. Loses second a nose after checking twice (and losing 5 plus lengths).

There is no way any mental midget could be that bad. I am sure the boys orchestrated that one and split the cash proceeds.

John Cena winning any one of 10 WWE world championships was more real than that race.

Wish he followed me for this tour, would've left me alone forever!!!

Stillriledup
12-31-2014, 10:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had 3 good ones today... but he wasn't there!!!

1 lost the jock, 1A in race 6 at Big A.

4 in race 8 (lone speed by about 4000 meters) broke slow for no reason whatsoever :liar: (jock did the ol fake pump while choking backwards)

And to top it off , a cold 25 box in race 9. Please dont anyone tell me angel Cruz really sucks that bad.... 3rd 2wide off of 58/1 leader at the 3/4, yanks horse ten wide at the 3/4 ( so the winner has ample room to get by!!!), decides to angle down to 7 wide while moving on the far turn (what's the difference, you're already ten wide!!!), then someone told this mental midget the rail was the place to be but only in the lane :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most brutal rides I have ever seen. Loses second a nose after checking twice (and losing 5 plus lengths).

There is no way any mental midget could be that bad. I am sure the boys orchestrated that one and split the cash proceeds.

John Cena winning any one of 10 WWE world championships was more real than that race.

Wish he followed me for this tour, would've left me alone forever!!!

Not worse than my "Best Bet" today at the Big A, Awesome Vision off a very strong visual performance, going to "another level" in his last race, usually races well, really peaking now, so what happens? He gets bet like he has no chance, i'm the only one in the entire world who bet on him and he ran like he had cinder blocks around his ankles.

FocusWiz
01-03-2015, 08:30 AM
....that start immediately playing advertisements or videos...especially those that open a window in the background that you have to search for. I don't mind it if my goal was to open a video, but when I am trying to read a news report and some stupid video comes up along the side about Justin Bieber or the Kardashians, it is really annoying....

While I am on this topic, I am sick of websites apparently programmed by Junior High School students. While better solutions have become more common lately, these items still predominate and need to be fixed where they still exist: Why can't I put in dashes or spaces in my account number? That is the way it is represented on my bill or my credit card. That makes it easier to verify and confirm that I have entered it correctly. It would take you just as long to write the code to remove spaces from the string I entered as it took you to write the stupid error messages that tell me I entered them and need to remove them. I understand the benefit of using a dropdownlistbox for the day of the week or the month of the year, but why do you insist on making me scroll through a century for the year? I know you were born in 1998 so you don't see scrolling through the years as a problem, but it is much easier for anyone with typing (keyboarding in your jargon) skills to type 4 digits than to scroll through a list. I understand why you make me re-enter my password or other secure information (like the captcha information) when I have to resubmit a screen, but why do you blank out so many fields when you generate an error message that I forgot to check the box where I accept the terms of the agreement? Didn't any thought go into deciding which things should need to be re-entered? When you ask me to type in the answer to a security question, why would you think that a name of a place might not have a space in it or a maiden name might not be hyphenated? Are you so naïve that you think that there are no security answers that might include non-alphabetic characters? Plus, when you prompt me to enter it for an actual security check, you won't be kind enough to tell me that I must leave out those characters, so I will put them in and you will simply deny my access. What possible good does this do? I certainly can remember my secure information, but I do not remember the stupid rules your website had when you forced me to eliminate spaces or special characters. Either tell us the rules or strip out the characters you did not want to handle when I type the answer.I could go on and on. I realize that some websites now allow us to either type in the information or scroll through the list and I found at least one website this year that allowed me to group my account number as it appears on my statement to make it easier to sight verify, but when I was programming, I would have gotten torn apart in a code review for writing garbage like I see on the internet.

There is at least one problem that I have not seen in a while. Some websites used to prompt you for credit card expiration dates and include the prior year in the dropdownlistbox as an option; obviously programmed by someone who was given old credit cards to use for testing (and who had no concept of what the information is used for or how this should work).

I recently went to a website where they courteously stored my credit card information from a couple of years before. This was fine in 2012 and 2013 when I renewed and used it. Unfortunately, the credit card expired at the end of 2013. They do not delete the expired card automatically. They not give you the option to delete the card already on file. They do not give you the option to update the expiration date. I can enter it again as a "new" credit card with the new expiration date, but it uses the first one it finds and submits the purchase with the expired one (I verified this with the bank that kept rejecting the transaction). Who thinks this stuff up?

thaskalos
01-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Guys who submit extra-long posts on horse racing message boards. Just how much time -- or patience -- do they think we have? :cool:

EMD4ME
01-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Guys who submit extra-long posts on horse racing message boards. Just how much time -- or patience -- do they think we have? :cool:

Guys who submit really short posts on horse racing message boards :lol: :liar:

Just how little time do they think we have :lol: :lol:

Happy new year Thaskalos and healthy!

thaskalos
01-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Guys who submit really short posts on horse racing message boards :lol: :liar:

Just how little time do they think we have :lol: :lol:

Happy new year Thaskalos and healthy!
A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours as well. And prosperity for all the horseplayers of this site. The horseplayers have suffered enough! :)

DJofSD
01-03-2015, 09:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2nuSnE6GNdo

FocusWiz
01-03-2015, 10:00 AM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
02-07-2015, 04:48 PM
Tracks who don't zoom back (do any of them?) the camera when there's a large margin winner,yeah, i know its hard to believe, but once in a while, we might care who's 2nd and 3rd.

Tom
02-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Many of the worst cameramen in the business work at race tracks. :rolleyes:

KingChas
02-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Windows Updates :bang:

Stillriledup
02-13-2015, 01:14 AM
When announcers go "full homer" and do it badly. If you're going to root like a fanboy, at least be good and do something memorable. :D

q5JPeJnRi6s

Stillriledup
03-27-2015, 01:07 AM
One more and this may be in the top 3 for me, its when networks showing sporting events run scores updates on the bottom of the scroll on other games. I'm a fan of DVR'ing games and watching them without knowing who won and sometimes i mistakenly see the score and it ruins the entire game for me that i was looking forward to watching and enjoying.

There's no need for it, this is 2015, people can get scores updates with a half of a click of an app or a mouse or something, there's no need for force feed us scores that we can get in less than 5 seconds if we want them, this isn't 1979 anymore.

Stillriledup
06-16-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm a little peeved at posters who start RIP posts for people nobody has heard of. Thousands of people die every minute, do they all need their own post? Every one of them? Or can we pick and choose

DJofSD
06-16-2015, 03:40 PM
OK, I'll pick these 181 kids: http://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A882173

Tom
06-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Tom
06-16-2015, 04:00 PM