PDA

View Full Version : The new Hillary: going to start telling the truth

Clocker
06-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Hillary Clinton (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/14/would-you-believe-hillary-is-totally-done-with-not-being-honest/)says she is going to start just telling the truth and see how that works out for her.

“I say in the book that maybe it’s just the wonderful wealth of experience that I now have,” she said. “Maybe it’s because I am totally done with, you know, being really careful about what to say because somebody might think this instead of that.”

“It just gets too exhausting and frustrating, and it just seemed a whole lot easier to just put it out there and [I] hope people get used to it,” she continued. “Whether you agree with it or not you know exactly where I come from, what I think, what I feel.”

Yeah, it can really wear you out keeping track of all those different versions of reality. Like when you were flat broke and down to your last $8 million book deal.

fast4522
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I do not think she can get elected at age 68 in 2016.

JustRalph
06-14-2014, 09:03 PM
She's stupid if she runs. Her grand baby will be about a year old in the heat of it. They have plenty of money, NBC is paying her daughter 600k a year or 26k for every minute she is on TV. She should become a grandma. If she doesn't she's foolish

Tom
06-14-2014, 10:18 PM
At this point, what difference does it make?

fast4522
06-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Astute comeback, pinning the tail on the donkey.

Greyfox
06-15-2014, 08:17 AM
I do not think she can get elected at age 68 in 2016.

She has her warts, wrinkles, and blemishes (including Benghazi).

But, unless GOP has a strong candidate that I haven't seen yet, I think she has an excellent chance of being elected.

fast4522
06-15-2014, 08:53 AM
The new Hillary: going to start telling the truth:

Well can't lie about her age, besides she looks 68 now. It is doubtful she will be attractive to the voters in 2016, get the fork out.

Robert Goren
06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
The new Hillary: going to start telling the truth:

Well can't lie about her age, besides she looks 68 now. It is doubtful she will be attractive to the voters in 2016, get the fork out.Actually I think she looks like she is 78. I think she wants to run and I keep getting mailings asking me to tell Hillary she should run. It is not easy to say it is time to give working and retire. I think she gives it a shot again even though I think she shouldn't. I think the democratic party should always be the party of the young. It does best when they have that image.
I think she beats almost any GOP candidate out there, but can she beat every democrat candidate? I am not so sure about that. In her favor, there is a lot of women who believe if they are to see a woman president in their lifetime, Hillary is it. Those women will work very hard for her.

fast4522
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Forget political party's, the voters will gravitate to a youthful contender. If John McCain was as young as Barack Hussein Obama at the time the outcome would have been different.

Robert Goren
06-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Forget political party's, the voters will gravitate to a youthful contender. If John McCain was as young as Barack Hussein Obama at the time the outcome would have been different. You might be correct about that.

Clocker
06-15-2014, 01:48 PM
If John McCain was as young as Barack Hussein Obama at the time the outcome would have been different.

That election was about Bush and his legacy. No Republican could have won, and any Democrat could have won.

tucker6
06-15-2014, 02:14 PM
I think she beats almost any GOP candidate out there, but can she beat every democrat candidate? I am not so sure about that. In her favor, there is a lot of women who believe if they are to see a woman president in their lifetime, Hillary is it. Those women will work very hard for her.
I must sadly admit that there is wisdom in the portion of your post I retained. She'll be a strong candidate if for no other reason than her gender.

Clocker
06-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Well, that didn't last long. So much for the new and improved, tell it like it is Hillary.

In spite of the broad support for the pipeline, political considerations have kept the Obama administration from approving Keystone. Faced with this logjam, one which could be dislodged with a display of political courage from one influential politician, Hillary Clinton did what the Clintons are famous for: she punted.

“I can’t really comment at great length because I had responsibility for it and it’s been passed on and it wouldn’t be appropriate, but I hope that Canadians appreciate that the United States government – the Obama administration – is trying to get it right,” Clinton told the Canadian publication Globe and Mail (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/16/the-clintons-famous-courage-exhibited-in-hillarys-answer-to-keystone-question-i-cant-respond/) when asked about the pipeline.

“And getting it right doesn’t mean you will agree or disagree with the decision,” she continued, “but that it will be one based on the best available evidence and all of the complex local, state, federal, interlocking laws and concerns.”

“So do you personally believe that the U.S. should go ahead with the pipeline?” Clinton’s interviewer asked.

“I can’t respond,” she replied.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Okay, for the moment let's assume that she chooses not to run. Who then will the Democrats pick? Old Joe? The GOP would just love for Biden to be the pick. Kerry again? There have been rumblings that if Hillary sits it out he may try again. Is there a moderate Democrat with national name recognition that might appeal to independents and moderate voters that might run? Darned if I can think of one at this time.

Clocker
06-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Is there a moderate Democrat with national name recognition that might appeal to independents and moderate voters that might run? Darned if I can think of one at this time.

Moderate? The base is unhappy with Obama because he wasn't liberal enough. There is a lot of talk about Elizabeth Warren running if Hillary doesn't.

FantasticDan
06-17-2014, 01:17 PM
Is there a moderate Democrat with national name recognition that might appeal to independents and moderate voters that might run? Darned if I can think of one at this time.Elizabeth Warren.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Moderate? The base is unhappy with Obama because he wasn't liberal enough. Not liberal enough?? :eek: :faint: From my vantage point Obama is the second coming of Vladimir Lenin. Who the hell do they want, Leon Trotsky or perhaps Mao Tse-Tung ? :rolleyes:

Clocker
06-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Who the hell do they want

They want someone that will enact cap and trade, amnesty, a mandatory "living wage", and card check. Someone that will make millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share, forgive student loans, provide free pre-school, and close Gitmo. Someone that will enforce a mandatory ban on drilling, fracking, and pipeline construction. Someone that will put an end to 1st Amendment rights for corporations and 2nd Amendment rights for gun nuts. Someone that will redistribute the wealth and make corporations pay taxes on their foreign assets.

Someone like Elizabeth Warren.

BlueShoe
06-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Elizabeth Warren.
Heaven help us if she is considered a moderate. From where many of us sit, she is to the left of Hillary, perhaps by a rather large margin.

Clocker
06-17-2014, 08:40 PM
The new and improved Hillary showed up on Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/17/clinton-fox-news/) tonight and tidied up that whole messy Benghazi misunderstanding. Nope, it wasn't about a video. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Hillary Clinton, in a sit-down interview with Fox News, suggested Tuesday that she had doubts from the outset about whether the Benghazi terror attack was triggered by a protest over an anti-Islam film -- though her State Department ended up pushing that narrative for days.

"This was the fog of war," Clinton said, when asked about the administration's controversial public explanation of the attack.

"My own assessment careened from the video had something to do with it, the video had nothing to do with it -- it may have affected some people, it didn't affect other people," she said in the interview with Fox News' Bret Baier and Greta Van Susteren.

Clinton added: "There's no doubt terrorists were involved."

I guess that fog of war was from her tour of combat in Bosnia.

Tom
06-17-2014, 10:12 PM
She expects us to believe HER state department over-rode her?
Yes, Hillary Babe, and you can keep your man in your own bed too! :lol:

Clocker
06-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes, Hillary Babe, and you can keep your man in your own bed too! :lol:

She says that all the reports coming in from the "intelligence community" cited the video. (Which we know is a crock.) She claims that she was skeptical of that, but without hard evidence to the contrary, she went along with the official story. But hey, what difference, at this point, does it make?

NJ Stinks
06-17-2014, 10:48 PM

She has no expectations when it comes to you, Tom. :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd clear that up.